Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

New qualifying points system for status from 2024: announced Dec 14, 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2023, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Print Wikipost

New qualifying points system for status from 2024: announced Dec 14, 2022

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2022, 8:54 am

Continents: https://travel-dealz.de/blog/milesan...tinente-karte/

If this map is correct the around egypts has two other xontinents close. I found some RTs in that area going from Asia (Saudi arabia) to ADD via CAI or to CAI via ADD in the 800 EUR range. That would generate 800 Points (no status points) at around 1 EUR per point.

Another good spots seems to be a Panama-Columbia-Carribean RT.

Let the fun begin to search for the cheapest points!
Old Dec 14, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Originally Posted by supine
As a 3* SEN you will get lifetime FTL.

Your status star points convert to QPs at 1:2.

If you keep flying enough to remain SEN, lifetime SEN would be 5 years or less away.
FTL ist worthless. And yes 5 years SEN will become five re-qualifications starting 24.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by SMK77
There is J C D
and then the budget buckets Z and P

D is your middle ground, not Z.

Singapore is a bit of an outlier as it’s one of the longest flights in the network.

On average you will now need 50% more flights to maintain the same status.
J,C and D get the same Miles Level (200), P the lowest (100) and Z the middle (150) - this why I have chosen Z

If you take HAM-FRA-JFK - to get HON in Business only you need 19 times in the old system and in new system only 13
I am not sure where you see the 50% more to maintain the status

Last edited by HKG1111; Dec 14, 2022 at 9:04 am
Old Dec 14, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
... definitions also used to be part of the award chart, I'm not sure how current that is: https://www.miles-and-more.com/flight-awards

It's a bit more elaborate than the map above.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Originally Posted by SMK77
In case a HON wants to bring this up in the call:

Future HON only need to qualify 7 times to make it to Lifetime status. 7 years of HONdom and you are done.

Existing HON only get 2,190 QP for every existing year although HON was already LH Group flights only. If you have been HON for 18 years, you won't become Lifetime SEN despite 5.4 million HON miles.

Someone who has been SEN for 28 years and flown exclusively SQ will bag Lifetime status immediately with only 1.4 million miles credited.

I don't know whose worse: Carsten or the interns?
The worst is when you enroll under X conditions. Then each time those are modified you lose the original ones thus it is impossible that you achieve your goal as planned. I am not sure if that is legal
If you buy a car in year X the original conditions are valid until you have paid for it in full.
In this new scenario, many will automatically be downgraded to FTL, even those really loyal.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by Raul_R
I am pretty sure, that is to replace current HON Select miles benefit.
By current system the EXTRA SEN partner card for HON came when reached 1 000 000 HON Miles.

If I read the letter for HON from LH, there is nowhere that regular SEN-Partner card will disappear. Also on the webpage it is not on the list of priviliegs what will be changed. So, I guess, the regular SEN-Partner card will remain as is.

What is sad, they crapped another awards from Select program -- the 2 pax for 1 award-cost F award is currently very nice.
good you already got a letter .. nothing received here yet
Old Dec 14, 2022, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Red BP
The new status programme for 2024 is now posted on MAM website here, not much different from what was planned 3 years ago:
https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/de...programme.html
If you compare BAEC with the new LH

BAEC = 1500 points for GOLD (highest level) - you need FRA-LHR-JFK - 4.2 rounds (each 360)
LHMM = 2000 points for SEN (middle level) - you need FRA-LHR-JFK - 4.2 rounds (each 480)
Red BP and the810 like this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by FlyerLX
Although that is (as the article in the link says) the 2019 version... Would be good to see an updated version once they publish it.
Actually looking at it, if this map is indeed correct, than the actual sweet spot would be Tel Aviv.

I can find a J return for 420EUR with SN, which would mean 40+200 QPs per direction = 480QP for the return.

FTL in 1.5 returns, SEN in 4.5.
If this holds (which I don't expect to), I think I'll actually go for SEN in 2024.
4004 and DocStrangelove like this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Actually looking at it, if this map is indeed correct, than the actual sweet spot would be Tel Aviv.

I can find a J return for 420EUR with SN, which would mean 40+200 QPs per direction = 480QP for the return.

FTL in 1.5 returns, SEN in 4.5.
If this holds (which I don't expect to), I think I'll actually go for SEN in 2024.
I suspect most of the middle east would be, whether it's TLV, DXB, DOH, MCT, AUH etc. There's a lot of competition from the ME3 so would expect that there are reasonable options for QP-runs. From a comfort perspective DXB is probably going to be the best as it's generally served by long-haul aircraft too and less onerous security requirements than TLV.
HKG1111 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: LH SEN
Any mention of the Airtrain points? I couldn't see it.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: LX
Airtrain is included but without mentioning the highlighted "maximum thresholds"....

"You will also be able to earn Qualifying Points and HON Circle Points on train journeys with a flight number from Lufthansa, SWISS or Austrian Airlines. There will be defined maximum thresholds for qualification as a Frequent Traveller, Senator or HON Circle Member."
Old Dec 14, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
The new system is basically killing all longhaul Y SEN´s. For me this is the end of my M&M loyalty, I may still requalify in 2023 to extend my SENhood to late 2026 (bottom line: do the 2023 requalifications still earn full two years of SENhood?); however under the new system I have absolutely no way of remaining SEN. I have been flying like 5 yearly returns to far destinations like EZE, GRU, BOG, MEX in higher RBD´s, but mostly in Y, only occasionally in Y+. Plus some european flights and some intra-continental hopping. Now, when earning for a B or M fare to EZE is equal to a K/L/T to BOS/NYC/YYZ; and one transatlantic return in Y earns 160 QP, I would have to start flying some crazy routings, ie. to South America via US, double-connecting XXX-MUC-FRA-YYY, or even flying routings like MDE-PTY-BOG or CAI-AMM, to max out the QP´s. I have done the math, 2022 being for me 3rd busiest year in 10 years, I would have made 1460 QP´s under the new system and even in the busiest year ever, I would have gotten close to 1800, but definitely not over 2000. It´s crazy to see that 25 cheap 4-segment returns in Y can still earn you SEN, but 5 expensive intercontinental returns in Y+ plus a number of intra-continental hops may not. Time to look elsewhere.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
12.5 returns (12.5 times 480) to TLV connecting with a train from CGN or with a plane from LHR (40+200+200+40) gets you HON.
Ex CGN costs 550 Euros incl of tax in P Class.
HON for 6875.
Are they for real???
All of Israel will be HON in 2024
GUWonder and MichielR like this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
The new program benefits people that fly shorter long haul and people that fly lower booking classes.
The only people that will suffer are those that fly long routes (like EZE), where you need just a little bit more flying now.
Overall I think we will see many more HON's and SEN's and that is from my perspective not a good thing.
We already have overcrowded lounges (yes, also the FCT is at times like a Zoo now) and service overall has reduced.
So while it will not make a main difference for me (I guesstimate instead of my usual 500K Hon miles I will do around 9100 points a year), it will probably reduce the service levels as there will be many more HON's.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 12:03 pm

Looking at Select benefits this will be less beneficial for me in terms of Evouchers, but I like the new mileage option, hence the 30.000 extra award miles each year (60.000 for two years). Thats enough for a companion ticket to Florida each two years. Not bad.
But I would have preferred for them to go the BA way here and offer selections. With BA I can chose whether I want an upgrade, an additional joker or miles. The good think with the LH program is that I have unlimited Jokers each year in C Class. Thats very valuable and they don't seem to make any changes to that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.