FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Wage negotiations for LH Ground &MRO staff: Verdi strike on July 27 2022 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/2084263-wage-negotiations-lh-ground-mro-staff-verdi-strike-july-27-2022-a.html)

oliver2002 Jul 28, 2022 4:51 am

The negotiations resume next week. Yesterday a few analysts noted that the positions of both parties are not that far apart and a settlement is expected soon. Why verdi went for the strike option so quickly is a mystery. The big one will be the pilots, they want more structual changes which LH is not going to agree to so quickly.

livious Jul 28, 2022 4:55 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 34465294)
The negotiations resume next week. Yesterday a few analysts noted that the positions of both parties are not that far apart and a settlement is expected soon. Why verdi went for the strike option so quickly is a mystery. The big one will be the pilots, they want more structual changes which LH is not going to agree to so quickly.

Let's hope your crystal ball is correct as the SAS pilot strike went longer than many predicted. Hope the LH flyers don't have to suffer for long!

mashlakito Aug 3, 2022 4:51 am

Let the (failed?) negotiations begin
I thought that before the strike last week, negotiations were going in a positive manner. But today on the radio, they were saying that the union is unhappy that LH didn't approach them after the last strike and that the union predicts that there's a 60% or higher of more strikes to come?......

cockpitvisit Aug 3, 2022 5:20 am

Originally Posted by livious (Post 34465301)
Hope the LH flyers don't have to suffer for long!

Depends on personal circumstances. I enjoyed flying during the strike and look forward to my 250€ EU compensation, which will make it a free trip :D

Wouldn't mind having another ticket on a strike day - some of the rerouting options in the app (like MUC-CPH-VIE-SBZ with overnights at CPH and VIE) were great for a crazy city/lounge tour.

I understand those flying for business see it differently, but a strike does offer opportunities to leisure flyers like myself :D

chris63 Aug 3, 2022 5:41 am

Originally Posted by cockpitvisit (Post 34482223)
Depends on personal circumstances. I enjoyed flying during the strike and look forward to my 250€ EU compensation, which will make it a free trip :D

Wouldn't mind having another ticket on a strike day - some of the rerouting options in the app (like MUC-CPH-VIE-SBZ with overnights at CPH and VIE) were great for a crazy city/lounge tour.

I understand those flying for business see it differently, but a strike does offer opportunities to leisure flyers like myself :D

In true FT spirit. :tu:

Maybe join Verdi & get the heads up ? :D

gojko88 Aug 3, 2022 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by cockpitvisit (Post 34482223)
I enjoyed flying during the strike and look forward to my 250€ EU compensation, which will make it a free trip :D

And it will come just in time for Christmas shopping!

mashlakito Aug 4, 2022 10:27 am

Still no news how the negotiations are going?

oliver2002 Aug 4, 2022 1:43 pm

LH and Verdi just settled and agreed on a contract. Their positions were not that far apart.

mikem004 Aug 5, 2022 10:44 am

Great news.
Just need the pilots to agree a settlement, now.

mashlakito Aug 5, 2022 11:06 am

Originally Posted by mikem004 (Post 34488839)
Great news.
Just need the pilots to agree a settlement, now.

Would Eurowings flights operated by FINNAIR also be affected?