FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Wage negotiations for LH Ground &MRO staff: Verdi strike on July 27 2022 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/2084263-wage-negotiations-lh-ground-mro-staff-verdi-strike-july-27-2022-a.html)

TPJ Jul 25, 2022 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by JFSV (Post 34455638)
Is it safe to assume that incoming non-LH / non-LH group flights should be OK on Wednesday?

Not really as in e.g. FRA, Lufti also handles airlines like LO, CA, SK.

TP, SQ, TG are handled by other handling agents.

pdeut Jul 25, 2022 1:53 pm

Any info as to what time it will all be published?

under2100 Jul 25, 2022 1:58 pm

Hello, I wondered if this is likely to affect Swiss/Helvetica flights (that do not pass through Germany)?

chris63 Jul 25, 2022 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by pdeut (Post 34457096)
Any info as to what time it will all be published?

They already missed their promise of this evening :rolleyes:

chris63 Jul 25, 2022 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by under2100 (Post 34457116)
Hello, I wondered if this is likely to affect Swiss/Helvetica flights (that do not pass through Germany)?

No, why would it, the strike ia against LH at DE airports, LX & wetlease partners are not involved

pdeut Jul 25, 2022 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 34457134)
They already missed their promise of this evening :rolleyes:

Indeed; I was wondering for tomorrow. I get the feeling one would need to act quick to secure a proper seat on Thursday if the bot messes up.

JFSV Jul 25, 2022 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ (Post 34457094)
Not really as in e.g. FRA, Lufti also handles airlines like LO, CA, SK.

TP, SQ, TG are handled by other handling agents.

Thanks. I was referring to an IB flight to be specific, coming into FRA T2. I presume this should be fine, but I do not know if these are the same ground handling people serving other carriers as well.

chris63 Jul 25, 2022 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by pdeut (Post 34457147)
Indeed; I was wondering for tomorrow. I get the feeling one would need to act quick to secure a proper seat on Thursday if the bot messes up.

With flights already full & given the state of LH IT….. not sure how the bot will cope

chris63 Jul 25, 2022 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by JFSV (Post 34457179)
Thanks. I was referring to an IB flight to be specific, coming into FRA T2. I presume this should be fine, but I do not know if these are the same ground handling people serving other carriers as well.

They are targeting LH & therefore won’t be IB

cfischer Jul 25, 2022 5:35 pm

I never had any sympathy for VERDI, but this is getting ridiculous. In the midst of a huge chaos and ongoing negotiations they are hitting ... the passengers. And they are wondering why approval ratings for unions is falling every year.

josephstern Jul 25, 2022 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 34457801)
I never had any sympathy for VERDI, but this is getting ridiculous. In the midst of a huge chaos and ongoing negotiations they are hitting ... the passengers. And they are wondering why approval ratings for unions is falling every year.

What other recourse do they have beyond striking?

tgj1974 Jul 26, 2022 12:41 am

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 34457826)
What other recourse do they have beyond striking?

Change jobs, this only works because they take passengers hostage.....

cbellero Jul 26, 2022 1:11 am

Can we please stay on topic and discuss workers’ vs. Employers’ rights in OMNI?

oliver2002 Jul 26, 2022 1:24 am

Quick reminder how this works:

Before the flight is cancelled: LH & co can only rebook to their own, as the other carriers will not accept pax and their tickets without a reprotective agreement fist.

Once the flight is cancelled (<24 h): you can be rebooked onto *A without endorsement and to OAL with endorsement of the accepted carrier. The other carrier will transport you for whatever you paid LH for that segement under IATA conventions.

pdeut Jul 26, 2022 1:32 am

Cancellations seem to be live now... do we know if that's all of them?