Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does this qualify for EU261 [downgrade from F due to 5G]

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2022, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
800 EUR doesn't sound terrible to me to be honest. How much is your time worth to you? I would take that and not deal with the extra hassle over 200 EUR
chris63 likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Totally agree.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Ok, I decided to take the 800 Euro. Considering when I started asking this question, and expecting not being elgible I'm comong out good enough. Sent LH the banking details, and will post an update in when the finds arrive to my bank account.

Thank you everyone , for informing me of my rights and for the suggestion yiou have made in the past 4 months.
Grog and gojko88 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Anyone know how long it should take for the money to show up in my account? Still waiting and its been almost 3 weeks.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 7:15 am
Original Poster

I am still waiting for my pyment to post to my bank account. It has been 4+ weeks since I agreed tot heir 800 Euro offer. Sucks that they are so damn slow. Continue to watch the USD gain in strength to the Euro reducing my payout. Grrrr.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Still waiting. They must have only one person working on Claims. I did reach out to Lufthansa on Twitter and got a reply in less then an hour. Amazing. Here is a cut and paste of what I sent and their reply.

Me: I've had a claim filed since January, and I accepted your 800 Euro offer on June 2. I'm still waiting for the money to show up in my bank account. I would like to know why it is taking so long?
Here is my claim number. FB ID ------------

5:57 PM
Hi there, I just checked the status of your case. Be assured that the customer relations team is working on it. However, the department is currently facing a backlog due to a high amount of inquiries. You will be contacted as soon as your claim has been finalized. In the meantime, we ask for your understanding and apologize for the inconvenience. /Anna
Old Jul 27, 2022, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Final update! I have recieved the money. 800 euro or 906.50 USD.They mut have given me the exchange rate the day they made the 800 Euro offer as I got more then the current exchange rate would have been.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.