Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does this qualify for EU261 [downgrade from F due to 5G]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2022, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Does this qualify for EU261 [downgrade from F due to 5G]

I had a this routing using Air Canada Aeroplan points. BKK-HND-LHR,stopover,LHR-FRA-ORD-AUS. Flights were book in J/F and fare basis was First Class across the board. The HND-LHR was flown F on ANA. No issues from BKK-LHR. My LHR-FRA-ORD-AUS was scheduled and flown on January 19. My FRA-ORD leg was on Lufthansa and was supposed to be in F. Equipment swap due to the 5G issues in the US, and my FRA-ORD was downgraded from the 747-8 to 747-4 with no F cabin. Would EU261 apply in this case, and would the claim be with Lufthansa?
Old Jan 22, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Yes it's an involuntary downgrade. No idea how they would refund AC miles ticket...
Old Jan 22, 2022, 12:14 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Lufthansa pays 1000/2000/4000 € when you get an invol downgrade to C from O/A/F. Fill out the contact form and demand your compensation.
diverg likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Lufthansa pays 1000/2000/4000 when you get an invol downgrade to C from O/A/F. Fill out the contact form and demand your compensation.
This applys to an award booking using a partners miles, and even with the 5G safety issue concerns? Where di I find the forms?
Old Jan 22, 2022, 12:57 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
https://www.lufthansa.com/is/en/feedback

select ‘flight disruptions’ and explain your case, asking for the standard compensation of downgrade from F. That you had an award from a Partner FFP doesn’t matter.
lgormley and diverg like this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Why would an equipment swap from 748 to 744 be 5G related ?

But yes, its still a downgrade for compensation
Old Jan 23, 2022, 3:07 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by chris63
Why would an equipment swap from 748 to 744 be 5G related ?
Just follow the latest news (even in Europe and other parts in the world) about 5G introduction around US airports and the possible interference with aircraft equipment and the late response and decision taking of the FAA.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by athome
Just follow the latest news (even in Europe and other parts in the world) about 5G introduction around US airports and the possible interference with aircraft equipment and the late response and decision taking of the FAA.
Yes but whats the difference in sending a 744 instead of a 748 ?
Old Jan 23, 2022, 4:12 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by chris63
Yes but whats the difference in sending a 744 instead of a 748 ?
Old analog instruments vs. more modern digital instruments
romans likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by athome
Old analog instruments vs. more modern digital instruments
while that may be the case - why is LH430 showing a 74H for all of the next days?
Old Jan 23, 2022, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daumueller
while that may be the case - why is LH430 showing a 74H for all of the next days?
I assume the 747H is the 747-8. My understanding is this was done because of all the uncertanities. I know the 5G rollout was delayed at least one day in the US. My timing for the flight stunk as did my timing for nearly everything on my vacation. I've submitted my request for compensation, but I'm sure Lufthansa will deny it. Then I'll have to fight it. A question if I don't have the energy to fight can anyone recommend a company that deals with EU261 claims, and what they may charge. I may be willing to go that route if initially denied by Lufthansa.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: LH HON
LH will not deny this request - they are pretty good at paying the (rare) F downgrade compensation
diverg likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daumueller
LH will not deny this request - they are pretty good at paying the (rare) F downgrade compensation
I will be very happy for this to happen. It would take alot of the sting out of my disappointment to not be able to fly LH F in the 748. My fare basis according to my original ticket was First Class (O). Do you know what amount I should get?
Old Jan 23, 2022, 1:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by diverg
I will be very happy for this to happen. It would take alot of the sting out of my disappointment to not be able to fly LH F in the 748. My fare basis according to my original ticket was First Class (O). Do you know what amount I should get?
EUR 1,000
diverg likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
EUR 1,000
Thank you so much. I will be extremely happy to get this amount especially if it is hassle free doing so. I sent my request in yesterday. How long does it take for Lufthansa to acknowledge receiving the request?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.