Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid 19: Lufthansa lounges reopening/status

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2021, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Just get a PCR test which is valid much longer.

OP here had the (easier/cheaper) antigen version, which only lasts 24hrs, which is enough for being admitted to some countries - usually those more desperate for tourists

Save pennies, lose lounge entry
What difference does having a PCR test make and why does this "last longer"? I wouldn't say I saved pennies, I took the most expensive test available in Bangkok, which is the PCR.

I have a negative PCR test taken for entry into the UK. It was taken 24hours before check in, approx 36 hours before I want to use the lounge in FRA and approx 42 hours before my arrival into MAN.

Does this permit lounge access in FRA?
Old Jun 18, 2021, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
What difference does having a PCR test make and why does this "last longer"? I wouldn't say I saved pennies, I took the most expensive test available in Bangkok, which is the PCR.

I have a negative PCR test taken for entry into the UK. It was taken 24hours before check in, approx 36 hours before I want to use the lounge in FRA and approx 42 hours before my arrival into MAN.

No, PCR test is only valid for 48 hrs for entry to FRA longes
Old Jun 18, 2021, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by HarryKUK

Entry requirement for paid acces in FRA and for J-F / FF entry differs slightly..

J-F / FF access:
"From June 16, the consumption of food and drinks is possible in the lounge again. For access, please register via luca app and have either a proof of vaccination, a negative corona test result (max.24h) or an evidence of recovery at hand."

Paid access:
"CURRENT NOTICE: Please note that to access our lounges, you must present a negative Coronavirus test, proof that you have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have recovered from infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus."
Old Jun 18, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Stil
Entry requirement for paid acces in FRA and for J-F / FF entry differs slightly..

J-F / FF access:
"From June 16, the consumption of food and drinks is possible in the lounge again. For access, please register via luca app and have either a proof of vaccination, a negative corona test result (max.24h) or an evidence of recovery at hand."

Paid access:
"CURRENT NOTICE: Please note that to access our lounges, you must present a negative Coronavirus test, proof that you have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have recovered from infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus."
Is it "you must present a negative test" OR "proof that you have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19"? Or do you need both?
Old Jun 18, 2021, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Dselvan
Is it "you must present a negative test" OR "proof that you have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19"? Or do you need both?
Either proof of vaccination or a recently taken negative COVID test that meets the standards.

No need for both.
Dselvan likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 9:47 am

Has anybody entered the FRA Senator A Lounge with out the Luca app? Can`t get it to work and my phone is one the way out the window.....There it wen`t
Old Jun 18, 2021, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by sophialite
Given how widely vaccines are available in these parts of the world, the real answer is "just get vaccinated." Then you don't have to worry about getting tested just to eat food out of a lounge. Easy.
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but FlyerTalk is a global community, and there are vast differences in the availability of vaccines in various countries. In Sweden, where I live, I know people that are 60 years old that have just received their second dose. So, they will be fully vaccinated by the end of June. 50 years olds have just received their first dose and will be fully vaccinated by the end of July. In Norway and Sweden, it is projected that all adults will have the possibility of being fully vaccinated around September or October. And there are many countries that are far worse off than Scandinavia.

Originally Posted by chris63
No, PCR test is only valid for 48 hrs for entry to FRA longes
No, it's 24 hours for all tests for all FRA restaurants.

J-F / FF access:

Paid access:
I believe that this is just poor wording. It's 24 hours for all FRA restaurants. Before my trip, the 24 hour rule wasn't listed at all. It just said "a negative corona test result."
Old Jun 19, 2021, 2:24 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by sophialite
Given how widely vaccines are available in these parts of the world, the real answer is "just get vaccinated." Then you don't have to worry about getting tested just to eat food out of a lounge. Easy.
Haven't been here for a while and some are still as charming as ever.

Since we are talking about "these parts of the world", looking at Germany, where the lounges are located, could be a good start: As of yesterday, about 25 percent of the population was fully vaccinated. Most people under 60 without preexisting conditions, including many business travelers, are not. Easy.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Haven't been here for a while and some are still as charming as ever.
Indeed & you have been missed ! Welcome back !
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 10:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Has anybody entered the FRA Senator A Lounge with out the Luca app?
Yes, you are just handed a form to fill out.
Stil likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Indeed & you have been missed ! Welcome back !
Thanks Chris, it was a difficult year.

Looking forward to more flying later this year. Would need to go to the US, but Joe doesn’t let me yet.

Hope more lounges will be open when I can take to the skies again.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 2:23 am

Hi all,

I am currently in the MUC Senator Lounge (Gate G28, Schengen).

Note that it's now open. You do not need the Luca app (or to fill out any forms). However, you DO need an FFP2 mask. Those with surgical masks were turned away. There is limited hot food & drink available (not self serve). Also worth to note that to enter any shops within MUC, you need a FFP2 mask (including all duty free shops).
Old Jun 20, 2021, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by maestro1981
Hi all,

I am currently in the MUC Senator Lounge (Gate G28, Schengen).

Note that it's now open. You do not need the Luca app (or to fill out any forms). However, you DO need an FFP2 mask. Those with surgical masks were turned away. There is limited hot food & drink available (not self serve). Also worth to note that to enter any shops within MUC, you need a FFP2 mask (including all duty free shops).
Please not that the requirement of an FFP2/N95 mask only applies in Bavaria (where MUC is located) and not the whole of Germany.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 4:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Please not that the requirement of an FFP2/N95 mask only applies in Bavaria (where MUC is located) and not the whole of Germany.
What about Berlin? They have a strict FFP2 rule for most indoor places there (no surgical masks/cloth masks allowed). Anyone with experiences to share? Will fly through BER in about a week or so.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by 8mh
What about Berlin? They have a strict FFP2 rule for most indoor places there (no surgical masks/cloth masks allowed). Anyone with experiences to share? Will fly through BER in about a week or so.
The LH lounge finder only shows the FFP2-requirement for MUC, but neither FRA nor BER. Would carry an FFP2, if I were you, just in case.
blitzen and FlyerTalker324193 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.