Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
If any of your flights in the reservation are cancelled or changed significantly, you can change/refund the ticket as per the section 4.1.2 in this document: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_143775.pdf
If you still want to fly as (re)booked after a schedule change, you need to reconfirm the reservation with a certain number of days as show here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147814.pdf

If you want to change your ticket due to the uncertanty associated with the Covid 19 pandemic, two kinds of waivers are available which are explained here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147655.pdf

Any changes are best done by the agency that booked your ticket. If you booked directly with LH they will handle the rebooking/reissue and/or refunds. This should be done by calling in. Online functionality of LH.com is rather poor.
Print Wikipost

Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2020, 2:41 pm

Thanks MichaelA380 , I appreciate your reply and information!

I had the same experience -- I was told by the call centre agent I would be refunded (and told the exact amount), and I subsequently received via email a Cancellation Confirmation, which stated that I would be informed by email of the amount.

That email never came. Upon my subesquent call to the call centre agent, I was similarly told I was in the queue for a refund, but they couldn't give any indication for timeframes.

I am going to reach out to VISA tomorrow for a chargeback, as my patience has hit its limit at over 5 weeks.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Just when I thought it was all ok. I get another agent today who told me i have to pay a fare difference or else book for next year Feb 21, when I made my original booking. I booked my flights in February to fly in April 2020. What LH has done is zeroed out P class for the entire month of April 2021 on LH 999 & LH 772.

This is getting annoying.

I am going to speak with a Supervisor tomorrow if she is not able to book my flights for April 7-15 next year then I will ask for my money back.

Sad really

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So I have some good news. I called the First number for Canada and spoke to an agent who changed my P & A class ticket. The change was between Apr 9, 2021 Apr 17 2021.
No fare difference and I was able to change my destination, that is, i was able to change from AMS to BKK to AMS to SIN instead.

Now I have to call back tomorrow as April 17 fares were not published. I am quite happy with this change. Will provide an update tomorrow after my return segment is confirmed.

I did not want to get a cash refund or do a chargeback as I got the promo fare for 2 in Business and First. If there was a fare difference then I would have asked for my cash back.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Apr 22, 2020 at 5:24 pm
Old Apr 22, 2020, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I finally requested a Refund to original form of payment. Very frustrating to deal with multiple agents with multiple responses. I called the F class phones both in Germany and Canada(routed to the Philippines).
Will now wait for the next LH sale to rebook for April 2021.
vulle likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 3:09 am

Thanks @hugolover
Old Apr 23, 2020, 5:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH Group has published a new set of waivers (TWP 2012), mainly for tickets issued after April 20:

https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/sha...ile_147655.pdf

A cancellation remains the golden get out of jail card:
For customers who do not wish to take advantage of any of these flexible rebooking options, you can still submit tickets for refund-either per original fare rule or on involuntary basis in case of cancelled flights.Due to the current situation there may be delays in processing refund requests.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
file_147655.pdf (126.7 KB, 90 views)
8420PR and bitterproffit like this.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 6:37 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
I have a flight on the 24th of July, which is a ways away - but I know I will not be flying with them due to the covid19 situation (booked through Swiss, but flying LH one way and Swiss return).
Say the LH Group improves the waiver to include my ticket - my one concern is that I managed to snag 2 super cheap (companion fare) J seats on Venice to Frankfurt to BKK. If I change my seat, I know i'll get hit by a HEFTY change fee to cover the new ticket cost. And if I ask for a refund, it might take quite some time - would it just be better to keep the credit on file so I can book another sort of flight in the future or should I just refund?

I just wondered what kind of experiences people were having with LH and LX?
Old Apr 23, 2020, 6:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Wait for the flights to be cancelled and ask for a refund. The super duper offers will come back. Thailand in July doesn't seem to be on the cards.
mmff likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I finally requested a Refund to original form of payment. Very frustrating to deal with multiple agents with multiple responses. I called the F class phones both in Germany and Canada(routed to the Philippines).
Will now wait for the next LH sale to rebook for April 2021.
Thats very premium isn't it? I wonder if its intentional? And now they lost your considerable beans to the perpetual refund queue.

You should see the reply made to me on the Lurker thread regarding the rebooking policy- which was as useful as a chocolate fireguard.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 9:43 am

I have a question about the vouchers (mods, feel free to separate into a new thread if you feel it's appropriate). Let's say I have a flight booked in my name for €2,000. I refund that to a voucher in my name. Can I use that voucher for flights for two people valued at €1,000 each, under one PNR?
Old Apr 23, 2020, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
Thats very premium isn't it? I wonder if its intentional? And now they lost your considerable beans to the perpetual refund queue.

You should see the reply made to me on the Lurker thread regarding the rebooking policy- which was as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

I spoke to the German call center this morning with a Supervisor. I have to say she was very cordial and apologized that she could only get me a flight in February of 2021 and if I could fly in the middle of winter. I refused as we fly from Canada into Europe and then onwards to Asia. She also said she is not entirely sure of the refund timeline as management has not provided any updates. Oh well LH until next time.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 7:18 am
Suspended

I'm a bit confused with Lufthansa's policies. I have a YOW-LHR, DUB-YUL flight in September on Air Canada but booked with Lufthansa stock. Can I change or reschedule my trip if things are still bad closer to my trip? Ideally, I'd like to make it a YOW-LHR, LHR-YOW or YUL ticket to make it easier.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 2:55 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Does anyone has a proper list of what is considered a reason for involuntary rebooking/ refund except a flight cancellation (ie 'otherwise unable to take a flght')? No speculations please (I can do that myself), I simply hope this is available somewhere on the LH Group websites but I did not pay attention to that.

Independently of these new fare provisions, customers who have their SWISS flight cancelled or are otherwise unable to take it can keep their original booking, provided this was made on or before 15 May 2020
(this is from LX web).
Old Apr 25, 2020, 4:48 am

I have a return flight this Summer (July 24 - August 16) to South Africa with LH (LH flight number though operated by SAA) and booked though a third-party website who mailed me yesterday the booking is cancelled.
Any idea what steps I can undertake to get my money refunded, or will this happen automatically ?
Would this cancellation be due to bankruptcy of SAA ?
Old Apr 25, 2020, 8:01 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
What ticket stock is your ticket on?
(Does your e ticket number start with 083 or 220?)

If the latter is the case the TA should be able to rebook you easily on a LH flight. Or cancel the whole journey with a full refund. Keep in mind LH takes forever to issue refunds atm.

Regarding SAA ticket stock... Nobody really knows what's going to happen to SAA atm, not quite sure they'll even be able to refund you at all.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 8:14 am

It starts with 220. Thanks for the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.