Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Rumour] LH F & FCT going away?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by keitherson
True, but it would seem strange that they'd have F on the A350 and not have it on the 777X, which is a bigger plane.
Sure, but we are far off from delivery and LH has plenty of time to change its mind (and they can even change their mind when a portion of the frames have already been delivered, like with the a350).
Old Dec 12, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by keitherson
On the contrary, I have a source that says that the new 777X coming out, will not have F at all. It will have J+ seats, but not a separate F cabin.
What is a J+ seat?
Old Dec 12, 2019, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Kleffen
What is a J+ seat?
QR suites & for sure they won’t beat that
Old Dec 13, 2019, 1:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by sophialite
Sure, but we are far off from delivery and LH has plenty of time to change its mind (and they can even change their mind when a portion of the frames have already been delivered, like with the a350).
Nope, the B779 setup is fixed and LH will pull thru on that. The B779 replace the B744, also without F. A359 they didn't change their mind at all, the first 15 delivered in 2017-19 were the first order. The second batch of 10 (converted options) were always open to get F if required.

LH announces longhaul fleet renewal purchase plan [with B779 and A359]
Old Dec 13, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Nope, the B779 setup is fixed and LH will pull thru on that. The B779 replace the B744, also without F. A359 they didn't change their mind at all, the first 15 delivered in 2017-19 were the first order. The second batch of 10 (converted options) were always open to get F if required.

got it. Then I agree it’s strange, but again not a contradiction as the phrase “on the contrary” would imply lol
Old Dec 13, 2019, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!

Indeed, plenty of destinations that have solidly high Y demand that could fill a B779, but are realistically too short of a flight to sell much of a F cabin at profitable rates (BOS as an example).
Old Dec 13, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Thank you very much for the summary!

Which means, if I am not mistaken, that F from/to MUC will be there to stay. ^
Old Dec 14, 2019, 4:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
So far LH manages to sell F nicely/consistently on SFO/LAX/PVG/HKG/HND/NYC, probably because of the travel policy of some companies based in/near MUC. If the A346 go to al can heaven then some A359 need F to satisfy that small demand.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:05 am

So far LH manages to sell F nicely/consistently on SFO/LAX/PVG/HKG/HND/NYC, probably because of the travel policy of some companies based in/near MUC. If the A346 go to al can heaven then some A359 need F to satisfy that small demand.
That’s all the routes I need from MUC in F. Santa could add SIN, BOS and YVR, but that would probably be asking too much.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by worldclubber
That’s all the routes I need from MUC in F. Santa could add SIN, BOS and YVR, but that would probably be asking too much.
I did MUC-BOS 4 times this year and it was full each time except for once.... Agree I’d like to see SIN. I don’t get how neither SQ nor LH serve SIN with F. Feels like they made an agreement.

LH really is one of the few airlines which consistently sells out F, I’m on an itinerary atm where I can’t even get a seat on a number of routes. It’s very frustrating. I think the talk of them getting rid of F is just rubbish. Add in national flag-carrier pride (I get that business doesn’t work like that, but there’s nuance here) and getting rid of F just isn’t happening anytime soon.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 8:03 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by vantage03
I did MUC-BOS 4 times this year and it was full each time except for once.... Agree I’d like to see SIN. I don’t get how neither SQ nor LH serve SIN with F. Feels like they made an agreement.

LH really is one of the few airlines which consistently sells out F, I’m on an itinerary atm where I can’t even get a seat on a number of routes. It’s very frustrating. I think the talk of them getting rid of F is just rubbish. Add in national flag-carrier pride (I get that business doesn’t work like that, but there’s nuance here) and getting rid of F just isn’t happening anytime soon.
I could have sword that MUC-SIN was an A380 last Summer. Shame they removed it. Although FRA-SIN now seems to have the A380 service.
I'd really like to have the MUC-HKG service on the A380 come back next summer as well, but judging on the current HKG situation I'm not sure that will happen...
Old Dec 14, 2019, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by vantage03

The question is whether a full cabin means "selling" it out?

But then again, the possibility of flying F as an award or eVoucher upgrade once in a long while keeps many people sticking with M&L, which shouldn't be underestimated.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
The question is whether a full cabin means "selling" it out?

But then again, the possibility of flying F as an award or eVoucher upgrade once in a long while keeps many people sticking with M&L, which shouldn't be underestimated.
It does in my book, my Evouchers would be useless without F to upgrade to & they seem to get people paying insane amounts of cash to upgrade last minute.

Your right, without F I’m off M&L & LH.
worldclubber and vantage03 like this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick Art
I could have sword that MUC-SIN was an A380 last Summer. Shame they removed it. Although FRA-SIN now seems to have the A380 service.
I'd really like to have the MUC-HKG service on the A380 come back next summer as well, but judging on the current HKG situation I'm not sure that will happen...
F to SIN on the A380 always Ex FRA

Yes, hope they offer F to HKG from FRA & MUC.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Your right, without F I’m off M&L & LH.
If hope LH does not underestimate how much the F awards and upgrades draw people to M&L.

For me the awards are more important than the upgrades, as I find it very difficult to use the eVouchers I still have for upgrades from J to F.
chris63 and MichielR like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.