[Rumour] LH F & FCT going away?

Old Nov 13, 19, 1:27 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: FRA
Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Posts: 4,213
Lightbulb [Rumour] LH F & FCT going away?

Rumors (in German VFT forum and I heard It by myself today from a usually well informed source) that LH will close the FCT in mid 2021 and discontinue all but 3 F routes after 2021.
SleepOverGreenland is offline  
Old Nov 13, 19, 1:30 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,709
Originally Posted by CheckInPeach View Post
Who cares. Just go to the bartender and say "Gimme your most expensive spirit!" ... :-)

And according to a conversation I had once with a lounge bartender, there are actually people exactly doing that already.
I've had a number of conversations with the bartenders at both the FCLs and the ZRH SEN whisky bar and they all reported the same annoying behavior: people, particularly of a certain regional background, frequently ask for the most expensive drink and/or the oldest whisky, (most likely) solely for bragging rights at the office; taste is completely secondary. Some don't even like whisky and just hold the oldest bottle available next to their head, take a pic and instagram it, and return the bottle.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Nov 13, 19, 1:33 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,709
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland View Post
Rumors (in German VFT forum and I heard It by myself today from a usually well informed source) that LH will close the FCT in mid 2021 and discontinue all but 3 F routes after 2021.
Which would mean that the LH SEN loses a lot of its attractiveness.

What happened to Carsten's "50 percent of the LH fleet should have an F cabin" talk?
MSPeconomist likes this.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Nov 13, 19, 2:14 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: RU/UA
Posts: 7,295
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
Which would mean that the LH SEN loses a lot of its attractiveness.

What happened to Carsten's "50 percent of the LH fleet should have an F cabin" talk?
And how can they do with their C cabin being so crap? Especially as itís not even two years away for the new C.

Itís not exactly Q Suites is it!

As I said before. The word ďprofitĒ is enough to make Carsten run for a safe space.
MSPeconomist and Dover2Golf like this.
hugolover is offline  
Old Nov 13, 19, 2:15 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: RU/UA
Posts: 7,295
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
I've had a number of conversations with the bartenders at both the FCLs and the ZRH SEN whisky bar and they all reported the same annoying behavior: people, particularly of a certain regional background, frequently ask for the most expensive drink and/or the oldest whisky, (most likely) solely for bragging rights at the office; taste is completely secondary. Some don't even like whisky and just hold the oldest bottle available next to their head, take a pic and instagram it, and return the bottle.
Ah yes, and then I ask to mix Coke with it!
8mh likes this.
hugolover is offline  
Old Nov 13, 19, 2:16 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,709
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
And how can they do with their C cabin being so crap?
It's hard to see why, but most of the times I see full J cabins on LH Group planes.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Nov 13, 19, 2:17 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,709
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
Ah yes, and then I ask to mix Coke with it!
And don't forget the ice, as it brings out all the subtle flavors in an expensive drink.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Nov 13, 19, 2:34 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: RU/UA
Posts: 7,295
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
It's hard to see why, but most of the times I see full J cabins on LH Group planes.
Thatís perhaps all very true. I just donít see how LH can end up like OS, LO or SN with a three class cabin.

Do these rumours also cover LX? Or somehow Zurich and the single GVA is so precious that it will hang onto F and presumably a higher cost base?
hugolover is offline  
Old Nov 13, 19, 2:34 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NAP
Programs: LH, BA, TK
Posts: 2,390
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland View Post
Rumors (in German VFT forum and I heard It by myself today from a usually well informed source) that LH will close the FCT in mid 2021 and discontinue all but 3 F routes after 2021.
Ready to be stolen by OMAAT with no credit.

This rumor alone is worthy no less than 3 to 5 posts.
Forrest Bump is offline  
Old Nov 13, 19, 2:44 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: RU/UA
Posts: 7,295
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump View Post
Ready to be stolen by OMAAT with no credit.

This rumor alone is worthy no less than 3 to 5 posts.
I thought the FCT was always meant to close due to the expansion of the airport or something?
hugolover is offline  
Old Nov 13, 19, 2:57 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,709
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
That’s perhaps all very true. I just don’t see how LH can end up like OS, LO or SN with a three class cabin.

Do these rumours also cover LX? Or somehow Zurich and the single GVA is so precious that it will hang onto F and presumably a higher cost base?
I don't know more about the rumor than you do. LX could be different and still has F in all long-haul planes, unlike LH. Maybe they keep F on LX and a few selected LH routes.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Nov 13, 19, 3:21 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Posts: 1,938
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland View Post
Rumors (in German VFT forum and I heard It by myself today from a usually well informed source) that LH will close the FCT in mid 2021 and discontinue all but 3 F routes after 2021.
Any LH group C is already a better hard product than F in the 90s and the first "business" class seats were the first rows of Y (remember the orange/green seats on the SR 747 in the late 70's) . Not so good old times, apart that I was 40 years younger.

Even the current LH C is much much better than any F then, with nice matress and duvet....

And yes, political correctness and understatement make sound "business" better than "first". The aspiring classed will fly PE.

The amount of status points earned reflect the above. C is the new F.
nsx likes this.
behuman is offline  
Old Nov 13, 19, 4:01 pm
  #13  
Formerly known as koeche
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Switzerland
Programs: LX SEN, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond, Windows 7, Adobe Creative Suite
Posts: 210
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland View Post
Rumors (in German VFT forum and I heard It by myself today from a usually well informed source) that LH will close the FCT in mid 2021 and discontinue all but 3 F routes after 2021.
That would be really bad and not 5* airline worthy at all. Looking at the current airline landscape, the move would not be that surprising though however I have a hard time to believe that they would be able to refurbish all the F airplanes until 2021. I mean, they are not even able to come up with their new C until then.

Such a move would also put a much different light on a HON status and upgrade possibilities.
CheckInPeach is offline  
Old Nov 13, 19, 4:14 pm
  #14  
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Posts: 2,090
Originally Posted by CheckInPeach View Post
That would be really bad and not 5* airline worthy at all. Looking at the current airline landscape, the move would not be that surprising though however I have a hard time to believe that they would be able to refurbish all the F airplanes until 2021. I mean, they are not even able to come up with their new C until then.

Such a move would also put a much different light on a HON status and upgrade possibilities.
In my opinion with a move like that Lufthansa would reclassify itself from a premium airline to a mediocre airline indistinguishable to other airlines.
Would be a shame.
cfischer and Dover2Golf like this.
Nick Art is offline  
Old Nov 13, 19, 7:17 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 4,900
Originally Posted by CheckInPeach View Post
Who cares. Just go to the bartender and say "Gimme your most expensive spirit!" ... :-)

And according to a conversation I had once with a lounge bartender, there are actually people exactly doing that already.
Yes, I have been at the bar when pax have asked......

Of course itís the old Whiskey 🥃
chris63 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: