Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG lounge recommendation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, there is the train, they are often overcrowded & seem like they are a mile below Sea level, however as you said, with the very poor options in HKG it’s difficult
Unless you're OW elite, flying CX in F/J or have some crazy lounge membership that grants you access to the CX lounge, I would say there's nothing redeeming about HKG. It's a ho hum airport by Asian standards (certainly in comparison to SIN!) Getting back to the OP's point, does anyone know if there are contract lounges the OP gains access to with their F ticket that would make their experience more stellar (i.e. is CX The Pier accessible with a LH F ticket?)

​​​​​​​-James
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:03 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Unless you're OW elite, flying CX in F/J or have some crazy lounge membership that grants you access to the CX lounge, I would say there's nothing redeeming about HKG. It's a ho hum airport by Asian standards (certainly in comparison to SIN!) Getting back to the OP's point, does anyone know if there are contract lounges the OP gains access to with their F ticket that would make their experience more stellar (i.e. is CX The Pier accessible with a LH F ticket?)

-James
The answer is no.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

-James
Yes, unless your OW at HKG the options are poor.
LH F ticket does not get access to CX lounges, LX F used to use the Wing but not sure if that’s still the case.
Was told by my F PA that they were directing LH F pax to either TG or SQ lounge.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by chris63
LH F ticket does not get access to CX lounges, LX F used to use the Wing but not sure if that’s still the case.
Was told by my F PA that they were directing LH F pax to either TG or SQ lounge.
LH F = SQ or TG or UA. No CX...
Allegedly LH/LX are planning their own lounge and are currently in discussions with HKG regarding space / location etc (the local LX/LH team is very well aware of the less than pleasant lounge situation)
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by zara
Allegedly LH/LX are planning their own lounge and are currently in discussions with HKG regarding space / location etc (the local LX/LH team is very well aware of the less than pleasant lounge situation)
A LH lounge would not be a bad idea. Or negotiate a good deal with UA concerning the use of their (planned) Polaris lounge.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:16 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by worldclubber
A LH lounge would not be a bad idea. Or negotiate a good deal with UA concerning the use of their (planned) Polaris lounge.
*A C/F tickets allow entry to Polaris lounges currently
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by vantage03
*A C/F tickets allow entry to Polaris lounges currently
Sure. But it had to be explicitly negotiated with UA and Polaris lounge abroad may be a different story.
cbourl likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by zara
Good !
Hope something comes of it, of course space wise the old UAGF lounge is empty and unused.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:07 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I have to admit I do not like the well-worn and musty UA Club showers too much.
I agree, but after using the TG showers which are located at the end of the toilet after passing all the urinals, and is only separated from them with a door with an inch wide gap between frame and door, I'll opt for the UA showers during my next visit again.

The SQ showers were out of service in August. I'm shocked to hear they still aren't available.

HTB.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by htb
The SQ showers were out of service in August. I'm shocked to hear they still aren't available.
HTB.
Not surprised at all. Say what you want to say about the onboard service of SQ and how well they treat their PPS elites but their lounges have always been a dump. Be it their outstation at HKG or their SQ Gold lounge at SIN. You would think having a restroom at that SIN lounge isn't too much to ask for! Also SIN* lounges are a big meh. Airport is wonderful but * lines are meh.

-James
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP

Not surprised at all. Say what you want to say about the onboard service of SQ and how well they treat their PPS elites but their lounges have always been a dump. Be it their outstation at HKG or their SQ Gold lounge at SIN. You would think having a restroom at that SIN lounge isn't too much to ask for! Also SIN* lounges are a big meh. Airport is wonderful but * lines are meh.

-James

SQ's new lounge at BKK is very nice, but no showers...
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Granite64
SQ's new lounge at BKK is very nice, but no showers...
Do they have restrooms or do you have to go out and use the public restroom amongst the kettles?

-James
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by htb
I agree, but after using the TG showers which are located at the end of the toilet after passing all the urinals, and is only separated from them with a door with an inch wide gap between frame and door, I'll opt for the UA showers during my next visit again.
I don’t blame you. As I said, I would use the UA showers too, but only if I really had to.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:09 pm

Not surprised at all. Say what you want to say about the onboard service of SQ and how well they treat their PPS elites but their lounges have always been a dump.
„Dump“ is kinda harsh. Many commend the new BKK lounge and the new lounge at BNE is also not too bad.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:10 pm

„Dump“ is kinda harsh. Many commend the new BKK lounge and the new lounge at BNE is also not too bad.
Perhaps I am being a bit too harsh on them. But I mean come on, you would expect them to have their best lounge at their hub airport which drives virtually all traffic in the network.

-James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.