Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2020, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
Debts have to be paid. Cash flow is a problem for everyone. Or would you let Basia brim her tanks with fuel and just tell you she will pay you with kisses?
The debtor needs to be in a position to pay. In a scenario where the world mostly stops flying a liquidation of assets will likely not be beneficial to these outstations... even those holding on to a plane or two.
iLied likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 1:47 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Perhaps the debts can be paid in the form of vouchers?
hugolover and WindowSeatFlyer like this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
LOT are still flying a number of "rescue flights" which can be purchased from LOT (lotdodomu.com), nobody has impounded an aircraft yet.

I know someone who flew WAW ro DUB today and I know someone who is flying LHR to WAW on Wednesday

While I agree that LOT probably has cash flow issues, they will not be the only airline in that position at the moment and unless some "agreements" are made I doubt anyone other that perhaps "cash rich" BA will be flying when this all ends
blue2002 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blue2002
The debtor needs to be in a position to pay. In a scenario where the world mostly stops flying a liquidation of assets will likely not be beneficial to these outstations... even those holding on to a plane or two.
I think even a few of Basia’s second hand Embraers would cover €1m debt even in the most bleak of economic environments post-Chinese Flu.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 6:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
While searching for something else I came across these pictures of LOTs IL-62 fleet: Mike Charlton's Postcard Site

What was the livery in picture #5 ?
Old Apr 30, 2020, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LAA, LAB and LAC had this livery first. The famous livery that has stood the test of time was introduced in 1977.

Shipbucket
Old Apr 30, 2020, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh and the little logo, if I understood correctly, they were the various famous people the aircraft were named after.

Here you can see Sikorski on SP-LBD, 1981 https://cdn.polot.net/74e368af0ae142...7ca11e3a30307e

This site has a lot of info https://www.polot.net/pl/iliuszyn_il...972r_/historia

SP-LAA (No. 11004) Mikołaj Kopernik
SP-LAB (No. 21105) Tadeusz Kościuszko
SP-LAC (No. 31401) Fryderyk Chopin
SP-LAD (No. 41604) Kazimierz Pułaski
SP-LAE (No. 41802) Henryk Sienkiewicz
SP -LAF (No. 62204) Adam Mickiewicz
SP-LAG (No. 2725456) Maria Skłodowska-Curie
Fabo.sk and iLied like this.
Old May 6, 2020, 8:37 am
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by legalalien
Trying to add passport data to my booking (made using American Express Travel) on LO website, and it keeps rejecting passport details with a strange error: "Date valid/Document expired". The expiration date I'm entering is Dec 20, 2027 - long before expiration:

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Thanks!
I was trying to look up my reservation on the LO webpage in order to select seats, but I couldn't get past that screen since I got the same error.
Entering the LO PNR on the LH website allowed me to choose seats, so at least I got that out of the way.
I guess I'll still have to contact LO to get my passport details updated unless they can do that at checkin.
Intra-European flight followed by flight to the US, so not sure if I can wait until checkin to provide passport data...
Old May 6, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by WindowSeatFlyer
I was trying to look up my reservation on the LO webpage in order to select seats, but I couldn't get past that screen since I got the same error.
Entering the LO PNR on the LH website allowed me to choose seats, so at least I got that out of the way.
I guess I'll still have to contact LO to get my passport details updated unless they can do that at checkin.
Intra-European flight followed by flight to the US, so not sure if I can wait until checkin to provide passport data...
I have same issue on two of my bookings - it won't accept my passport expiry date. Managed to change seats via SAS website, for some reason LH wouldn't work for me. Contacted LO call centre who told me I should be able to enter passport details at check-in.
Old May 8, 2020, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LO1098

How come WAW-ICN still operates? Does it stop in WRO to offload the Korean employees who live in the Hilton there, indeed, is that the point? Is it basically a charter?
Old May 8, 2020, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
How come WAW-ICN still operates? Does it stop in WRO to offload the Korean employees who live in the Hilton there, indeed, is that the point? Is it basically a charter?
I assume that it's a charter, otherwise, if it was a scheduled flight, they would have used the original code LO98 for that flight.

By the way, I am not sure how LOT's schedule would be affected this summer and fall, the $439 r/t ( about €400-405 ) ex-IST North America fares for the fall season are super attractive.
Old May 15, 2020, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A good number of LOT flights to Wuhan. Is this how Chinese mask diplomacy works now?
Old May 17, 2020, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see a few different M&M cards by mBank in the Polish market. The offer makes me want to fall asleep 😴 but I guess it’s as good as it gets. 100zł per year and one mile per 6zł. Welcome bonus 2000 miles...

As there’s no personal Amex what is the best offer for earning Miles and Points for PLN spend? I probably do better earning via various sources with the U.K. but it might be worthwhile to put PLN spend from PLN earnings through such a card to avoid the volatile PLN FX rates.
Old May 18, 2020, 7:07 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador

As there’s no personal Amex
Polish AMEX does not offer personal cards any longer (confirmed with them in early January as wanted to add a personal Card to my Corpo card). Corpo cards are still issued.
Old May 18, 2020, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I feel like it’s been that way for years. I’m happy to be corrected though.

Have you got mBank M&M?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.