Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’ve got a bad feeling that PL might close the border soon.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by hugolover
I’ve got a bad feeling that PL might close the border soon.
Just happened. Total ban on international flights for 10 days.
LOT is grounded for 10 days.

Last edited by andywaw; Mar 13, 2020 at 2:39 pm
Old Mar 13, 2020, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is a very difficult situation. I do hope I will make it back in time.

LH have not zeroed their flights as of yet and the situation is quite unclear:

It seems LO will operate tomorrow’s night stops but then fly back to Poland as what? Ferry? Pax? It’s really unclear if the ban begins 23:59. Perhaps they will fly back but only barred for foreigners.

The language they use covers no one with lawful residence in Poland who are also TCN or EU nationals and that is quite concerning.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:02 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
It’s going to be everyone who doesn’t have a lawful right in Poland, irrespective of nationality.

I’m kicking myself though now, as I was supposed to fly on Monday & Thursday. I’m going to see what they would offer me.

I wonder how much this will cost LOT. They will likely cancel flights that don’t arrive back in Poland or Hungary by the time of the ban.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All EU citizens have a right to live, study, join relatives, look for work & work in Poland plus TCNs joining EU nationals moving there for the previous though...

This is an exception under the subsidiarity principle but seems rather OTT.

I really hope you’re not right about airlines cancelling their night stop then I am well and truly violated against my will...
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:28 pm

As you said it’s exceptional times. International treaties prevent a country excluding its own citizens and permanent residents. Usually what you said is true but right now countries are being given some exemptions to deal with this crisis. For example state aid rules are suspended. I think it’s better to be restrictive now in order to protect more people than to allow everyone in. It’s draconian yes but temporary.

I think it’s either that or denying boarding to foreign nationals and I think they would prefer to cancel proactively and rebook passengers onto an earlier flight(or after the ban depending on the circumstances).
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:12 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
The way I read it is that effective Sunday Polish nationals and residents can still enter Poland via road (and maybe via ferry as they say all flights and train connections are ceased, but do not mention ferries to DK/SE?), but they will be subject to 14 day quarantine.
hugolover and iLied like this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Inshallah I shall scuttle across the border tonight. LH has ordered a full withdrawal from PL and she has binned the lot. Luckily LOT have picked up the slack and are generally upgrading aircraft as much as they can to get pax back.

Flights have been zeroed for sale but have seats. It's a strange situation.

It feels like war. I've never seen anything like it!
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I forgot to mention. WAW lounges closed since yesterday. I was told that Okecie is closed for departing pax, arrivals only... that doesn't seem likely.

Nevertheless the lounge is closed.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:04 am

Just looking on FR24 and ALL LOT flights are grounded (ie those that arent LO8xxx).
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tomorrow they are!

Basia is making her last carbon emissions to pick me up!
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:19 am

Yes but I thought some flights might still operate. Are the Government pumping cash into LO?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They will do as Lufthansa.

I doubt the LO charters will show in the GDS. That might be coordinated by the Polish Embassy’s.
iLied likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh would you look at that.

22 seats blocked by Sejm and Senate. Too afraid to take the Pendolino? But I thought it was all lovely?

People trying to get back to Poland and masses of seats blocked by them and not even checkin in!
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
LO 354 is currently boarding. LIVE from MUC. There are passengers in the jetbridge but I don't know who.
hugolover and iLied like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.