TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by nieszprot
LOT wants to buy Condor [article in Polish]
April 1 is not today... Right?
tropikey and hugolover like this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why don’t they buy BArb?! A Babcia could run BArb and turn a profit with her LHR monopoly, so I don’t see why LOT couldn’t. Just do a lovely leveraged takeover. It worked for Ferrovial.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by marcoos

If you think this structure makes no sense, you're right. The reason why this structure looks like it does, is that PGL groups PLL LOT and the companies PLL LOT once "sold" to its owner, the state treasury, that were lumped back together again to form PGL.
It makes perfect sense from a PL perspective as it allows the government to inject cash into the airline to keep it alive via airport subsidies. This way they sidestep various restrictions on government ownership. They learned from AY.
N1003U and iLied like this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 2:03 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by oliver2002
It makes perfect sense from a PL perspective as it allows the government to inject cash into the airline to keep it alive via airport subsidies. This way they sidestep various restrictions on government ownership. They learned from AY.
Maybe also from their partner in Regional Jet too!
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Like LH Group gets no taxpayer cash...
Old Jan 17, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
I am talking not about getting cash or not, I'm talking about the structure looking really weird: with one handling company being a LOT subsidiary (WRO-LOT), another (LS AS) a PGL subsidiary for example. Same with maintenance companies: LOT AMS directly under PGL, CEES under PLL LOT and LS Technics under LS AS (but shown at first level at pgl.pl, because reasons).
Old Jan 17, 2020, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They will be on the fiddle. The Polish Elite have been doing it since the Dawn of Time.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 3:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by hugolover
They will be on the fiddle. The Polish Elite have been doing it since the Dawn of Time.
Pretty much like the elite everywhere!!
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which 738 has the 2-2 recliner seats in Business?
Do they tend to use it only to places like TSE and how come the cabin exists- do they plan to swap it out for the space saver knee crunchers like Helga’s lovely NEK?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 5:05 am

How come the cabin exists? They leased two old 738s previously used by an airline that had this set up and didn't have time to reconfigure them. Don't get used to that, though.

SP-LWF, SP-LWG, both ex-Jet Airways.

Last edited by marcoos; Jan 20, 2020 at 5:14 am
Old Jan 20, 2020, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How come the cabin exists? They leased two old 738s previously used by an airline that had this set up and didn't have time to reconfigure them. Don't get used to that, though.

SP-LWF, SP-LWG, both ex-Jet Airways.
I see. I thought they were Jet I just didn’t expect them to have a proper C cabin. Are they selling the C/P cabin like it has a MCD or using the recliner seats only? In other words a capacity cap.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 6:04 am

No idea how it works booking-wise. I wouldn't expect Y+ pax to be seated in those, though.

Also, I checked both of these planes on FR24 and they seem to be flying all over the continent, so Barcelona and Astana, but also Zurich, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, and even Kraków. Some Y pax on the all-Y KRK-WAW probably get very lucky.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 6:12 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by hugolover
I see. I thought they were Jet I just didn’t expect them to have a proper C cabin. Are they selling the C/P cabin like it has a MCD or using the recliner seats only? In other words a capacity cap.
No idea how it works booking-wise. I wouldn't expect Y+ pax to be seated in those, though.

Also, I checked both of these planes on FR24 and they seem to be flying all over the continent, so Barcelona and Astana, but also Zurich, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, and even Kraków. Some Y pax on the all-Y KRK-WAW probably get very lucky.
I can only speak of domestic flights in PL. We did fly on SP-LWG in late December: WAW-KRK. So some Y pax definitely scored the jackpot. Pitch in Y was pretty bad.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 7:57 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
This was already reported on this forum, but I experienced it for the first time.

New catering on some short-haul flights (i.e. those where a stronger competitor exists): sweet bun, water/tee/coffee/OJ/apple juice, Grzeski. No attempt to sell BOB - just an announcement that if someone wants to purchase something they should ask the F/A.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah yes, the "yeast bun pudding" sounds scrumptious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.