Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2020, 5:25 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by megaloman
That's my question too, got BUD-WAW-ICN-WAW-BUD booked for March, already moved WAW-ICN-WAW-BUD into the future, now my BUD-WAW got cancelled. I wonder if they just let me keep the itinerary as it is, with first leg cancelled.
I finally have an answer from a LOT representative and things will most likely adapt and things will be re-evaluated.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:47 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by megaloman
That's my question too, got BUD-WAW-ICN-WAW-BUD booked for March, already moved WAW-ICN-WAW-BUD into the future, now my BUD-WAW got cancelled. I wonder if they just let me keep the itinerary as it is, with first leg cancelled.
I had the same itinerary (the promo deal they offered till end of March) and I rang up to discuss options with them. Since I had a full waiver on the BUD-ICN route (due to a flight number change) I told them to cancel my BUD-ICN trip (booked on a separate PNR to WAW-BUD) and refund me (this was before the general waiver policy came into effect). However, I later found out that the agent had cancelled out the WAW-BUD legs also. Since at the time no waiver applied to this then I only got the tax portion refunded.

This annoys me as now the WAW-BUD legs are canx anyway and I would have got a full refund on this, instead of just the taxes. For this PNR I selected the PZU cancellation insurance when I bought the tickets at lot.com. First time I ever did that. Hoping that PZU will now make me whole.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:28 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I had the same itinerary (the promo deal they offered till end of March) and I rang up to discuss options with them. Since I had a full waiver on the BUD-ICN route (due to a flight number change) I told them to cancel my BUD-ICN trip (booked on a separate PNR to WAW-BUD) and refund me (this was before the general waiver policy came into effect). However, I later found out that the agent had cancelled out the WAW-BUD legs also. Since at the time no waiver applied to this then I only got the tax portion refunded.

This annoys me as now the WAW-BUD legs are canx anyway and I would have got a full refund on this, instead of just the taxes. For this PNR I selected the PZU cancellation insurance when I bought the tickets at lot.com. First time I ever did that. Hoping that PZU will now make me whole.
Our current itinerary is as follows:
22/03 - BUD-WAW - cancelled
October - WAW-ICN-WAW - still confirmed
November - WAW-BUD - still confirmed

Just got off the phone with AmexTravel who where hopelessly useless - agent didn't notice the ticket was already changed from March dates till October/November and wanted to issue me a full refund! Anyway, need to call LOT now.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 11:59 am

If you can contact LOT, maybe try and talk to an agent there? They should see it was agent error, especially as calls are recorded.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will happily post my tale!

Its impressive how quickly LOT have filed flights from places they have never even flown to ever! There's a huge operation in place to get Poles back. Flights from places like EDI, CRK, CAI, AUH, VRA and using slots they already had from other airports like LCY, AMS, CDG. Easy booking on LOT.com.

They're filling the flights Y then P then C but all Y fares.

Its like a full airline...

The only thing I wonder is, are they not offering the seats outbound for pax to fly home from Poland? Maybe they could file a DEL, DKR, FNJ? They operated the GOA charters.

Ah...correction, they are indeed selling seats. But double the cost of the way back to leave Poland . I see pax with PNR on EDI, LHR, LCY.

I see LWA is positioning back from OSR, probably maintenance? Painting? I bet it will be in the air soon.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now I think I get it. Government is subsiding pax who want to come back but not those who want to leave. Nevertheless, it does show us how much LOT are probably charging the government for the evac seats. And therefore, this is a lovely cash exercise for LOT. A bit like KRK-SZY....
Attached Images  
Old Mar 18, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Well, state aid rules might be suspended, but always better to get a financial pillow clean-ish while you still can.

Wonder how OS and SN will cope. Hopefully their mother won't cut them off to save herself like a gangrenous leg. In that regard, LO is in a much better position.
iLied likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:44 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Well, state aid rules might be suspended, but always better to get a financial pillow clean-ish while you still can.

Wonder how OS and SN will cope. Hopefully their mother won't cut them off to save herself like a gangrenous leg. In that regard, LO is in a much better position.
well, perfect time to buy Condor, innit?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a rumour going around that LOT defaulted on its payment to handling agents in the previous months. They owe a "lot" of money. I doubt this is on those Polish forums but perhaps some of you PL speakers can take a look?

It's all a bit weird. PGL bought Condor, LOT is owned by RP and they're basically out of cash?
Old Mar 21, 2020, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The information on the length of the initial flight ban is inconsistent between departments. KPRM initially said 10 days but latest MZ graphic shows 14 days.

LO flights are zeroed out till 29/03 so I think that the 14 day figure is more likely. It will probably be extended in any case.
All flights zeroed to 21 APR now but flights not cancelled.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 9:01 am

It’s possible to buy flights from Monday 20th April with a promo fare at the moment. I think LOT agents will have a lot of work coming up.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see a bigger issue of many outstations looking to get LOT aircraft impounded!
Old Mar 23, 2020, 12:17 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover
I guess when the dust settles this will be the case with quite a few airlines...
Old Mar 23, 2020, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
Given the current socio-economic climate, this would probably be a shortsighted move by such outstations...
Old Mar 23, 2020, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Debts have to be paid. Cash flow is a problem for everyone. Or would you let Basia brim her tanks with fuel and just tell you she will pay you with kisses?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.