Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Maybe because of the summit in KTW?

My sister and her boyfriend were severely impacted by this. He either lost his wallet between the gate in EIN and getting off in KTW or it was stolen from the airplane, and subsequently they were detained for 3+ hours. In normal circumstances in Schengen this should be a non-issue...
There is an absolute right of entry if your sister is an EU national, passports & ID are not the only way to gain entry to the Member State. I presume that is how she was granted entry?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:19 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Thanks folks!

At least this is document check only - no transit security if originating in a Schengen-member state.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by hugolover
There is an absolute right of entry if your sister is an EU national, passports & ID are not the only way to gain entry to the Member State. I presume that is how she was granted entry?
They were eventually granted entry, but not until 3+ hours of waiting for verification.
I'm also told that the police were quite rude when my sister tried to involve the general consulate to see if they can help speed the process up.

Well, no real harm done in the end, but still it was not the best end to their little vacation.

(at least they fared better than one of her friends on the same weekend, after paying 55€ p.p. to Ryanair for failing to check in online, they arrived to Rome to find out they bought fake tickets to the footbal match they went there for...)
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:11 am

I've got a flight from WAW-SIN in a few weeks, can anyone explain how the bid for upgrade feature works? What's a good price?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by sc82491
I've got a flight from WAW-SIN in a few weeks, can anyone explain how the bid for upgrade feature works? What's a good price?
You should have received an email with a link to the bidding page. Otherwise you can go into My Bookings on the website and bid from there.

TBH I would just bid either the minimum or the minimum plus a token amount - you will probably be successful. Load utilisations in J aren't exactly stellar for LO, and I imagine that's even more so for eastbound than for TATL. I don't have a premium subscription to ExpertFlyer any more so I can't give you exact details, but there's a thread on this forum where you can post the specific flight you're looking at and ask people to give you the loads.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by yurtripper
You should have received an email with a link to the bidding page. Otherwise you can go into My Bookings on the website and bid from there.

TBH I would just bid either the minimum or the minimum plus a token amount - you will probably be successful. Load utilisations in J aren't exactly stellar for LO, and I imagine that's even more so for eastbound than for TATL. I don't have a premium subscription to ExpertFlyer any more so I can't give you exact details, but there's a thread on this forum where you can post the specific flight you're looking at and ask people to give you the loads.
I can check loads on EF, just PM me flight number / route / date.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
LOT have recently changed how the rebooking fee is processed. It is now 65€ per ticket, rather than per leg. So a saving if you intend to change both directions at the same time.
TPJ and N1003U like this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: M&M FTL
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Hi and welcome to FlyerTalk, @IluvatarMilan it's good to see you here, despite the negative experience which led to your very first post.

That said, there are a number of reports (including on this very thread) concerning EU261 claims with LOT and the waiting times (this taking also personal experience into consideration) seem to vary between 2/3 months and often even longer, mostly considering the operational breakdown over the summer months and I suspect the countless claims which may have well led to a significant backlog. My suggestion is to wait for a further couple of weeks before considering alternative routes or chasing them up again.

Again, welcome amongst us.

G
Many thanks for the response!

I just received a response today, saying LOT will pay me the 250 EUR compensation mandated by EU law. A link to a webform for the account details was attached.

Took a bit over 3 months in the end. Other than the wait, very satisfactory response by LOT.
AlicorporateUK, N1003U and iLied like this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IluvatarMilan

I just received a response today, saying LOT will pay me the 250 EUR compensation mandated by EU law. A link to a webform for the account details was attached.

Took a bit over 3 months in the end. Other than the wait, very satisfactory response by LOT.
Thanks for letting us know, a valid data point for others as well.

G
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton

Thanks for letting us know, a valid data point for others as well.

G
+1 ^.
My wait is coming up on 3 months, so it is good to know I am probably still in the queue.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: M&M FTL
LOT will be gradually replacing seats on the 738Ms as the current ones seem to be suffering from a number of issues (too 'weak', they easily get damaged) and the management is not particularly happy about it. Starting from the next few months, Recaro seats (BL3710,12,5kg in weight) will be installed and LOT will apparrenly be seeking compensation from the current provider (even though the airline admits that the current seats had never been tested on other aircraft/carriers, they were simply chosen in a rush as the current model was the only one available/certified...).

G
Who is the manufacturer of the current seats?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theSaladDays
Who is the manufacturer of the current seats?
No idea to be perfectly honest with you but it seems that the premature wear-and-tear had already been reported several months back and the response from the manufacturer in terms of repairs was allegedly pretty poor, reason of the very latest developments.

G
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
I just received a response today, saying LOT will pay me the 250 EUR compensation mandated by EU law.
To make the story complete, please let us know how long it will take until you actually see the money in your account.
N1003U likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
The two new Embraer 190 planes seem ready and should arrive in WAW on Sunday. These are the a/c for the London City routes (from/to WAW, VNO and BUD).

There are more pictures on LOT's Facebook, including the interrior, but it seems I can't link to Fb from this forum.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

I saw one of the new E90s at WAW yesterday, possibly SP-LMA.

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.