Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is Basia having another meltdown? Weather? Crew? Tech?

Seems the flying programme has gone to pot. KRK night stop landed 3 hours late last night at 02:47...LOL.

Lots of cancellations.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Two more brand new E190s arriving, SP-LMC and SP-LMD. These two flew REC-LPA on Friday as LO9101 and LO9102 and should soon continue to WAW.

The E190 use the registrations that 737-300s used to have years ago, this is why FR24 shows Boeings on the two pages linked above.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Dunno what was going on yesterday. A bunch of flights got cancelled as well as delayed in the evening. I arrived more than 2 hours late on the Warsaw flight, about 12 hours late in total then. The aircraft arrived on time from Lwow earlier in the day, but then left late for Billund.
Anyway I bought some Krowky if nothing else. And it looks like the lost bag has been found. Either it never left VIE, or the baggage handlers in WAW sent it back.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Dunno what was going on yesterday
Temperatures below zero, patchy snow and de-icing with the inevitable disruption to standard operations.

G
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: A3
For sure Friday was not an easy day for LOT, but in my case they did their job very well.
My flight from Sofia to Warsaw was late and I posted instastory with sarcastic comment about LOT punctuality and I mentioned @FlyLot. Few minutes later I got message on Instagram from them, was asked if I need any assistance and they proactively offered monitoring my connection. My flight arrived to WAW 20 minutes late, but because of bus transfer and standard zoo at passport control I missed my connection to Poznań .at the moment I reached passport control booth flight was closed). Went through security control and headed transfer desk where I was offered two options (but in surprisingly nice way, politely, without suggesting it is my fault I missed flight or any other objections) - standby for last flight this day as it was full or rebooking for next day. I was implied to agree for standby as chance to get a seat was high. With new boarding pass I went to Polonez lounge, where guy at the desk, when only noticed SBY offered help, checking availability and so on. Finally my seat was confirmed and I arrived to Poznań with 4 hours delay. Even my luggage arrived with me.
I was positively surprised with assistance I received and so customer friendly and oriented attitude.
Now I hope they process my EU261 so efficiently 😁
SK2751 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Wet-lease of an A330 from Air Italy due to the ongoing Dreamliner’s issues (currently 2 out-of-action) — it will operate JFK/EWR/YYZ from Warsaw up to January 20th whether the 767 from EuroAtlantic will continue to operate JFK & ORD from Budapest.

G
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Does anyone know if it’s possible to enter a lounge in CPH with a LOT business class boarding pass?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iLied
Does anyone know if it’s possible to enter a lounge in CPH with a LOT business class boarding pass?
SAS Business Lounge.

G
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: Skymiles/Aeroplan
Miles not credited to my Mileage Plus account

I'm sorry if this is not the correct place for this post. I searched every way possible without finding an answer for my question.

Exactly 2 months ago today, I completed the last of 6 flights within 3 weeks with LOT. I asked for the miles to be credited to my United MileagePlus account, which was printed in each of the 6 segments listed in my Electronic Ticket. Well, until today, 60 days later, my miles haven't been credited to my MileagePlus. Considering everything that has been happening with this airline, I will be waiting forever. What is the correct procedure to ask for my miles? Through LOT of through United?

Thank you for any help

Last edited by danaraujo; Dec 26, 2018 at 11:50 am Reason: small correction
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:59 pm

File for missing miles with UA MP.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK

SAS Business Lounge.

G
Thanks! Is there a time limit on how long you can be in the lounge for? Are Nordica flights included because they are coded LO?

Hope you had a good Christmas!
Old Dec 27, 2018, 5:45 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador

Thanks! Is there a time limit on how long you can be in the lounge for? Are Nordica flights included because they are coded LO?

No and yes are the answers.

And honestly - if you have a longer layover - take train or subway (price is the same) to the downtown area. Copenhagen is absolutely gorgeous, while the lounge is mediocre (unless you like cheap wine, booze is only available upstairs in the *G lounge).
iLied likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 5:46 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
There are no time limit for the lounge AFAIK.
iLied likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Hope you had a good Christmas!
I'm pretty sure I was able to access a lounge at AMS before a LO8XXX flight, I doubt you'll have issues at CPH (likewise, I also doubt someone will be monitoring your stay in terms of time at the lounge in question).

And a delayed Merry Christmas to you!

G
iLied likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
90 years ago today the Sanacja regime nationalized both airlines operating in Poland (Polski Aerolloyd aka PLL Aerolot, and Aero - Towarzystwo Komunikacji Powietrznej) and merged them to establish "Linje Lotnicze LOT" (old spelling with "j”) with operations starting on Jan 1st, 1929.

Happy birthday, LOT!
N1003U, megaloman and iLied like this.

Last edited by marcoos; Dec 27, 2018 at 2:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.