Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help Understanding PartnerPlusBenefit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:59 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Time to actively protest in writing, or just protest with our wallets?

I find LH's prices ex-India substantially higher than most other carriers in Y...
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:02 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland

Tonight a need a Cognac or two or...
I am with you !!
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:07 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just searched everything about the changes on the PPB Austria Homepage. But it looks like, that there will be no change for us.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Tyrolean
..Sorry Guys, I thought you learnt of the August 2004 Desaster.
I have a Deja vu...
I think among the same line ... only that I ask myself why did you guys not learn from August 2004 ... and I mean us FTers ...
Old Nov 19, 2008, 2:02 pm

Programs: LH:SEN++ 2012, FB Plat,AMX:PLA/CRB, *WOOD:PLA,Sixt:Diamond , LuckyStrike:Red, others
Thank you so much !

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::

Dear Mr. von Goetz!

Just got the latest news about PPB in Germany today. I actually don't know, where to start in being deeply thankful for the new and creative enhancements you kindly added to the PPB programme.

Let me also express my congratiulations to one of the most sophisticated changes a benefit programme can offer.

I'm really glad, because you're now strongly supporting me with the idea in shifting my FRA-LHR business finally to BA. From next year on, I can enjoy C-class service within a LH - Y price margin.

Yours truly,

MichaelFFM
Old Nov 19, 2008, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by weero
I think among the same line ... only that I ask myself why did you guys not learn from August 2004 ... and I mean us FTers ...
Well, I have learned my lesson and spent most of my PPBs on a discounted rate to get to LAX in F next week for 38.6k oneway. Now, they want 162k for that segment.

Plus, I'll eagerly wait for the December M&M enhancements. If there's anything annoying in it such as a SEN qualification change to 200k miles in 2 years, or less status/bonus miles for D/Z fares, or heavily increased award premiums in F or C, or booking restrictions for F awards and upgrades, there's two things I will do:

1) I'll immediately cancel already paid and issued *A/LH tickets for 2009 worth about 16k EUR (all private fun travel).

2) I'll very quickly spend up to 2 million miles on F and C (companion) award tickets before the enhancements are implemented. I don't care when I get availability or about the routing, because I'm flexible 365 days of the year and can rebook or simplify later on short notice. And I guess there will be plenty of free seats in C and F on short notice, because who will still be able to afford an upgrade using PPBs or miles?

3) I won't even think about renewing SEN in 2009. I'll happily accept applicationy by HONs to marry me, though.

This is like the stock market. If a company you liked turns sour, get rid of it asap, and don't look back.

Last edited by flysurfer; Nov 19, 2008 at 3:01 pm
Old Nov 19, 2008, 2:38 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Sorry guys but could someone translate into English what they've now gone and done?
Old Nov 19, 2008, 2:46 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Makes you swallow hard and wonder what they will do to M&M....
Old Nov 19, 2008, 3:17 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
I may call a BA sales manager tomorrow. Maybe LHR is not that bad.
No, LHR T5 is ^^^
Old Nov 19, 2008, 3:25 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
The upgrade enhancements to the US and Middle/South America are amazing - triple the miles required from discounted biz to F and they call it an enhancement ("Verbesserung").

Amazing - how stupid do they think the customers are. I can only urge everyone to vote with your wallet.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 4:06 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Cyba
Sorry guys but could someone translate into English what they've now gone and done?
http://www.partnerplusbenefit-2009.de/ps0.php?lc=en
Old Nov 19, 2008, 5:14 pm

these earning rates are still a lot better than the austrian PBP ones, plus you have more airline partners, can upgrade and earn point in Z and lower Y booking classes. austrian PBP only earns F, A, C, D, Y, B, M and H if i remember correct... the spending rates are indeed insane!
Old Nov 19, 2008, 6:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia
This is insane

I just did some calculations and still hope that I made a mistake, but this is what I ended up with. I compare PBB 2008, PBB 2009 and BA OnBusiness using DE-US flights in business. For each program, destination (EC=east coast, WC=west coast) and booking class (D or C) the comparison lists
- the earning for a return trip
- the cost for a return reward trip plus the number of return trips required
- the cost for a return upgrade to F plus the number of return trips required

BA OnB, *, *: 1.9k / 23k (13) / 10k (6)
PBB '08, *, *: 8.2k / 79k (10) / 50.8k (7)
PBB '09, EC, D: 5.6k / 119k (22) / 143k (26)
PBB '09, EC, C: 8.2k / 119k (15) / 102k (13)
PBB '09, WC, D: 6.6k / 152k (24) / 192k (30)
PBB '09, WC, C: 10.4k / 152k (15) / 129k (19)

In 2009 you need 1.5 to 2.5 times more for a reward flight and 2 to 4 times more for an upgrade

I guess, time to spend the current points before the end of the year for a pool of tickets for use next year and move on. At least the tickets can be rebooked without charge...
Old Nov 19, 2008, 9:22 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Time to actively protest in writing, or just protest with our wallets?

Both. Similar to when they took the exit rows reservation away for a while. A lot of people wrote letters and I canceled thousands of $$$ worth of LH flights and moved them to oneworld.

But granted there is a difference between reversing a change in reservation procedures and reversing those increases. Just ridiculous.

Time to give our local VP a call.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:06 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flysurfer
3) I won't even think about renewing SEN in 2009. I'll happily accept applicationy by HONs to marry me, though.
You are back on the wedding market ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.