Help Understanding PartnerPlusBenefit

Old Jan 23, 18, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Help Understanding PartnerPlusBenefit

Hello,
My company recently signed up for PartnerPlusBenefit with Lufthansa, and I'm having trouble understanding what exactly this does. I've done a bunch of Google/Reddit/FlyTalk searches, and it's still unclear to me. Can someone sort this out? As an employee, what will this do? I take a few trips from the US to Austria (where my company has offices), and other destinations around the US and Europe. It looks like it may let me get some upgrades, but I'm not clear on how these are made available. Will this mean I have to fly United in the US? I also am unclear on how miles get accumulated; does my company get all the miles now, or do they get miles in addition to my miles? Do all transactions have to use the credit card my company has on file? Any other key points to understand would be very helpful, most of the info I have found seem to be based on having a general background understanding of the program, which I do not have, and can't get much more than the info on Lufthansa's site (and trusting info on airlines' websites about their benefit programs never seems to be a good idea).

Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 18, 6:38 am

Programs: SQ(*G), A3(*G), LH(*S), SK, BA; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Good luck with that. If you're an employee then I wouldn't expect you to get the points - it's a benefit scheme aimed at companies rather than individuals.

I signed up a year ago (as a company owner) and have NEVER managed to get any flights to credit, even when they have admitted that the flights I took had qualifying booking codes (not all fare classes count). I had someone promise me that the points for my previous flights would credit by September but they never did. I spent so long trying to get flights credited without success that now I've simply given up. Life's just too short to put up with their five-star service.
Old Jan 23, 18, 7:24 am

The points are accumulated on the business account and get spent by the business - could be to upgrade you on your work travels, or can be used by the owner for the family retreat. You can still collect miles for the flight, so you're not giving up anything in that regard.

Originally Posted by yurtripper View Post
I signed up a year ago (as a company owner) and have NEVER managed to get any flights to credit, even when they have admitted that the flights I took had qualifying booking codes (not all fare classes count).
The biggest issue for me was always the POS restriction. You have to buy flights in the market you're registered in.
I think right now every revenue booking class does count, at least for LH flights.
Old Jan 23, 18, 7:56 am
Original Poster

So I still accumulate miles on my own, and my employer accumulates additional miles? But it has to be done with my companies credit card, or can I use my credit card so I accumulate those miles as well?
Old Jan 23, 18, 8:28 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, QR, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Originally Posted by PMacDiggity View Post
So I still accumulate miles on my own, and my employer accumulates additional miles? But it has to be done with my companies credit card, or can I use my credit card so I accumulate those miles as well?
The PPB contract number has to be put in during booking. In the past you could also use special credit cards with LH connected expense report functionalities but I'm not sure this is still true. Also you can manually add ticket numbers and travel dates into the system but this is cumbersome. Then about 2-3 months after your travel the company PPB account gets credited with PPB miles. All points go into a single account for the company. Those points are not equal to bonus miles. They have their own complicated accrual and spend rules and even different assignments of reward travel ressources. There's no online booking for reward tickets AFAIK, you have to call.

To get a PPB account you need to have a company registered in one of the markets of PPB. They might ask you for your expected volume of travel before assigning a PPB account.
Old Jan 23, 18, 9:05 am

Programs: SQ(*G), A3(*G), LH(*S), SK, BA; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Lack View Post
The points are accumulated on the business account and get spent by the business - could be to upgrade you on your work travels, or can be used by the owner for the family retreat. You can still collect miles for the flight, so you're not giving up anything in that regard.

The biggest issue for me was always the POS restriction. You have to buy flights in the market you're registered in.
I think right now every revenue booking class does count, at least for LH flights.
Yes, they registered me in the UK for some reason, even though the only business address I supplied was in PL. They even admitted (via email) that the mistake was on their end and promised to retro-credit the flights but they never did so. The last time I checked they still had me registered in the wrong region even though I had been told by several different reps that this issue would be fixed promptly. However, the agents themselves never said that the region issue was the reason I had not been credited - they always tried to say it was due to an invalid fare class (until they caved in and admitted they were wrong about this also). I've now given up dealing with them and written the whole thing off.
Old Jun 27, 18, 2:40 am

Location: Either below the Ockham stack or below the approach to SDKY
Programs: UA 1MM/*G. AA EXP for 1 more year. Then, who knows?
Do free tickets from Partnerplusbenefit come out of the standard award buckets or do they, like BA's On Business, allow you to book from revenue buckets?
Old Jun 27, 18, 7:50 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag View Post
Do free tickets from Partnerplusbenefit come out of the standard award buckets or do they, like BA's On Business, allow you to book from revenue buckets?
I understand that come from standard award buckets
Old Jun 27, 18, 11:15 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by more4less View Post

I understand that come from standard award buckets
they come from Award buckets but with usually better availability
Old Jul 2, 18, 2:59 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy Ambassador/LT Titanium
I was told that the POS requirement does not apply if you purchase directly from the LH Group.
Old Aug 7, 18, 5:45 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, CX Silver, LY TL, Marriot G
I have a PPB account for my business, and have not yet managed to do anything useful with the points accumulated, but still.
I was just refused points by LH for a RTW C ticket (fare CRWSTAR2) on 016 stock because " the ticket had SAV PAX REV indicator X" marked.
Does anyone know what this means?
Almost identical tickets in the past have posted successfully - LH said this means a discounted fare - which makes little sense for a full published fare which books into D class.
thanks
Old Feb 9, 20, 1:14 am

Programs: LH SEN* ; Lifetime Ivory Member AF
Originally Posted by daumueller View Post
they come from Award buckets but with usually better availability
Back it time PPB had better availability but now it is worst than M&M.
I can't even figure out the scheme system anymore.
The booking class for business is I class, when you call them (because you have to call !) they tell you that there is no availability for upgrade while when you check on M&M for the same flight you find seat, it is really poorly managed.
Old Feb 9, 20, 1:35 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
6 months ago I retroclaimed 2 years worth of F flights and still havenít been credited. My only reaction is to give up as Iím genuinely unsure of the value Iím leaving on the table especially when compared to the effort it will take me to capture it.
Old Feb 9, 20, 2:22 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Originally Posted by mat_bkk View Post
Back it time PPB had better availability but now it is worst than M&M.
I can't even figure out the scheme system anymore.
The booking class for business is I class, when you call them (because you have to call !) they tell you that there is no availability for upgrade while when you check on M&M for the same flight you find seat, it is really poorly managed.
I gave up trying to upgrade flights some time ago, and finally got a couple of Rimowa suitcases before the points expired, so I donít complain
Old Feb 9, 20, 2:29 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ PPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Flight upgrades are probably the best use of PPB points. Iíve found that when comparing availability to M&M, it depends on where your account is registered as to how much availability there is.
Usually U.K. PPB has similar availability to M&M. I have another PPB account in Australia and availability is almost non-existent, to the point I had to argue with them to clear awards that were available via any other channel (including European PPB).. even worse is they donít have a phone number so you can only communicate via email. I actually think they were just useless or didnít want to bother booking the ticket.
I gave up on the Aus account and now just credit to the U.K. one where at least you can talk to a real person. Tickets are regularly mis-credited but they can manually fix if you challenge.

Last edited by vantage03; Feb 9, 20 at 2:38 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: