Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Centurion/Plat access to LH/LX FCL/SEN lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by keitherson
That's ridiculous, when Centurions flying in economy can just get in for free. What a slap in the face to SENs
Well, do you know how much Amex Centurion costs you? Definitely, it is not "get in for free"... But then again, if I had it, would I travel in whY? Certainly not!
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:56 am
Formerly known as koeche

Programs: LX HON, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond, Windows 11, Adobe Creative Suite
Does anyone know if access only works with a german card or with all? Also, @Sangottardo, from where do you have the info that one also get access in ZRH?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by CheckInPeach
Does anyone know if access only works with a german card or with all? Also, @Sangottardo, from where do you have the info that one also get access in ZRH?
All Amex Centurian members 😊
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
LoungeBuddy shows me as having access to the ZRH business lounge as a UK Amex plat holder (maybe through priority plus).

But its not showing me as having any free access to anything in FRA T1 apart from the Luxx lounge (which isn’t the best of lounges).
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by CheckInPeach
It was mentioned in the original version of the article that I linked in my OP. There the language was much less clear, for instance it did not mention which MUC and FRA lounges were included, and it also mentioned ZRH and VIE. I just clicked on the article again ( to provide the quote mentioning ZRH) and saw that it has been updated. It now specifies which lounges are included, and that the offer is limited in time.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:22 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Well, do you know how much Amex Centurion costs you? Definitely, it is not "get in for free"... But then again, if I had it, would I travel in whY? Certainly not!
For anybody interested: While the criteria to get and maintain this card are not disclosed I may offer some insight on the yearly fee, which is 4200.- in Switzerland (it varies depending on country but I think Switzerland has one of the higher fees).
There is probably a spending requirement (250k+?) as well as a net worth (15mil+?) and an income (1mil+?) requirement and you must have been a platinum member before.

Regardig benefits... Well let’s just say that this new limited Swiss:LH First Class access is not one of the best perks you get. (I still don’t like it)
I think depending on country you get certain airline status, in the US it used to be Platonum with Delta and some status with continental as well as AA Admiral Club access.

I can’t give any guarantee for the correctness of the above.
Mackle likes this.

Last edited by Nick Art; Jun 3, 2018 at 9:35 am
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Originally Posted by Nick Art

For anybody interested: While the criteria to get and maintain this card are not disclosed I may offer some insight on the yearly fee, which is 4200.- in Switzerland (it varies depending on country but I think Switzerland has one of the higher fees).
There is probably a spending requirement (250k+?) as well as a net worth (15mil+?) and an income (1mil+?) requirement and you must have been a platinum member before.

I have noticed that as a UK plat holder, the yearly fee in Germany (where I now live) for the plat is higher, and the sign-up bonuses not as good (which in a way is funny, because British people tend to moan about how UK Amex holders are not given the same sign up bonuses and the x5 rewards point bonuses on travel, that Amex in the US offers). As my Dad and Girlfriend (who are both UK based) are supplemental holders, combined with the higher yearly fee, it has put me off switching my UK AmexPlat to the DE one (at least for now).

It looks like the Swiss Centurian yearly fee is almost £1000 more than the UK one!!
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
As HON and also as a Centurion card holder tbh this doesn’t bother me. If it was FCT access or ZRH FCL access I’d probably be more annoyed. I get why LH want to show their most empty FCLs off to people who can afford to buy First Class ticket.

Also, quite frankly, a lot of Centurion members have no idea about these sorts of benefits... and the no guesting policy will keep a lot of card holders out anyway.
Mackle likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber

Yes, the offer is still valid. Apparently the time period is limited somehow, but there is no information until when. Probably until they figure out whether it is worth selling lounge access or not.
Since I was in FRA & MUC, I asked for an update from FCL Staff.

FRA, SEN can pay to enter only B lounge.

MUC, SEN can pay to use either lounge, Main & Satellite.

Longhaul Business ticket required. No planned expiry date for this option.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by vbroucek
I also doubt it would appreciably add to the existing traffic of the lounges. Maybe only from those flying shorthaul or OS J?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
I should probably clarify - I do not own and will probably never own Amex Centurion... But I also should clarify, that I do not fly whY on any flights longer than 3 hours (unless they are part of long haul tickets)... On those longer than 3 hours, I fly J class - TBH, I cannot justify (although I could afford it) paying for F...
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:18 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by vantage03
As HON and also as a Centurion card holder tbh this doesn’t bother me. If it was FCT access or ZRH FCL access I’d probably be more annoyed. I get why LH want to show their most empty FCLs off to people who can afford to buy First Class ticket.

Also, quite frankly, a lot of Centurion members have no idea about these sorts of benefits... and the no guesting policy will keep a lot of card holders out anyway.
Any feedback on my assessment of the requirements and perks of the AMEX Centurion Card?

I know, I know... but it was worth a try!
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
So ZRH F Class lounges do NOT grant access by Centurion cardholders, right?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Any feedback on my assessment of the requirements and perks of the AMEX Centurion Card?

I know, I know... but it was worth a try!
Lol.. my view is that the card pays for itself in savings if you travel a lot and use their services to book premium travel.... the savings certainly cover my annual fees (I have a UK and an Australian one, ironically the Australian one is more expensive but gives way more points per dollar).

Other benefits aren’t as good as they used to be. CX Diamond (OWE) became Skywards Gold (which is relatively useless except for Australians this gives access to Qantas business lounges if flying QF).

Starwood Gold is converting to Marriot Gold which goes from useful to useless.

For me, as above, it’s about the savings on travel (especially hotels). Travel Insurance pays out a lot too.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:48 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by vantage03

For me, as above, it’s about the savings on travel (especially hotels). Travel Insurance pays out a lot too.
... which you have with the AMEX Platinum as well, at least in certain countries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.