Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Centurion/Plat access to LH/LX FCL/SEN lounges

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, HON & F pax receive the limo service exclusively
did you ask about that or is there something posted or ...?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by daumueller
did you ask about that or is there something posted or ...?
I did ask, the FCL staff have a rules manual.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, Vistara Platinum
I'm flying MUC - LHR next Monday (2/10). I will try to give the FCL a shot and report back
Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:27 am

Programs: QR Platinum (OWE) / BA GOLD (OWE)/ CI Emerald (ST E+)/ SQ PPS (*G)
LH Sen Lounge at MUC with AMEX Plat

I've noticed that AMEX Plat flying Business can now get access to SEN lounge at MUC. However I couldn't find the charge for additional guests. Does anyone know how much they charge for one guest invite?

Also, is the fee worth the "upgrade" from the Business lounge to the Sen lounge?

Thanks a million
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:38 am

Question

Originally Posted by oliver_dvs
I've noticed that AMEX Plat flying Business can now get access to SEN lounge at MUC. However I couldn't find the charge for additional guests. Does anyone know how much they charge for one guest invite?

Also, is the fee worth the "upgrade" from the Business lounge to the Sen lounge?

Thanks a million
How did you learn that AMEX Plats flying business can access the SEN lounge? I got both criteria for a flight in a few weeks. If no one answers your question, I may be able to access it and ask. I first want to verify the info. Thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
From the German Amex Platinum page.

Business Lounge in Terminal 2 Satellite when flying with LH group and Senator Lounge when in Business Class.

And I thought they already had enough passengers in both lounges? Or is there so much space left?
Attached Images  

Last edited by Mr. LAU; Oct 14, 2017 at 9:55 am
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:18 am

Does
ALS PLATINUM CARD INHABER ODER INHABER EINER PLATINUM CARD ZUSATZKARTE
mean, only the holders of the two Platinum Cards are authorized or does this apply to all Cards in the portfolio?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
It´s only for Platinum Card holders. But no mention of additional costs. I never even knew you can guest someone in the LH Lounges for a fee. You learn something new every day. But it also states, that it´s for the Lounges in the Satellite. So maybe it´s only for the Lounges near the K and L gates?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: QR Platinum OWE, LH SEN
Originally Posted by EDDMflyer
It´s only for Platinum Card holders. But no mention of additional costs. I never even knew you can guest someone in the LH Lounges for a fee. You learn something new every day. But it also states, that it´s for the Lounges in the Satellite. So maybe it´s only for the Lounges near the K and L gates?
You have been able to guest people in for a fee for a while, the last time I did it it cost 24,- for access to one of the FRA Business Lounges.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Mr. LAU
Business Lounge in Terminal 2 Satellite when flying with LH group and Senator Lounge when in Business Class.

And I thought they already had enough passengers in both lounges? Or is there so much space left?
Space varies by day and time. The lounges in the T2-Sat are often less busy than the ones in T2, but can also be fairly full, e.g. a recent Sunday evening.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:50 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I still have to find out what the differences between the Business and Senator lounges are. I think it's slightly more food choices.

HTB.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by htb
I still have to find out what the differences between the Business and Senator lounges are. I think it's slightly more food choices.
I think there are some differences in the % department as well.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: QR Platinum (OWE) / BA GOLD (OWE)/ CI Emerald (ST E+)/ SQ PPS (*G)
Originally Posted by ToddSpam
How did you learn that AMEX Plats flying business can access the SEN lounge? I got both criteria for a flight in a few weeks. If no one answers your question, I may be able to access it and ask. I first want to verify the info. Thanks.
Always cool to know someone on Flyertalk can help. It's listed on the AMEX lounge collection page. [T2 Satellite ones only for some reason]. However, its wording on guest policy is vague. It says "certain location will allow guests for a fee". So it's a yes for AMEX Plats flying Business to get access to Satellite Sen lounge, but the guest policy remains unclear.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:35 pm

Always cool to know someone on Flyertalk can help. It's listed on the AMEX lounge collection page. [T2 Satellite ones only for some reason]. However, its wording on guest policy is vague. It says "certain location will allow guests for a fee". So it's a yes for AMEX Plats flying Business to get access to Satellite Sen lounge, but the guest policy remains unclear.
Today I tried to get into a the SEN lounge in L at MUC with my business class ticket and my Plat AMEX. I was rejected and sent to the business lounge with all the other low lifes.

The woman who checks people in was completely unaware of the rule.

While in the trash lounge, I looked at AMEX's site, and it does indeed list access with the PLAT and business class ticket. It specifically mentions the SEN lounge in L as a place you can get access.

I will call AMEX on Monday and let them know.

UPDATE NOVEMBER 9 - Finally called AMEX. THey said I should NOT have been denied access to this Sen lounge. They said all that was needed was a J ticket, AMEX Plat Card, and ID. They said the lounges do have the ability to deny access if they choose to, but that likely wasnt the case.

The AMEX rep also said that this is temporary access that will end on May 31, 2018.

Last edited by ToddSpam; Nov 9, 2017 at 11:39 am
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:00 am

January 2018 UPDATE

Originally Posted by ToddSpam
Today I tried to get into a the SEN lounge in L at MUC with my business class ticket and my Plat AMEX. I was rejected and sent to the business lounge with all the other low lifes.

The woman who checks people in was completely unaware of the rule.

While in the trash lounge, I looked at AMEX's site, and it does indeed list access with the PLAT and business class ticket. It specifically mentions the SEN lounge in L as a place you can get access.

I will call AMEX on Monday and let them know.

UPDATE NOVEMBER 9 - Finally called AMEX. THey said I should NOT have been denied access to this Sen lounge. They said all that was needed was a J ticket, AMEX Plat Card, and ID. They said the lounges do have the ability to deny access if they choose to, but that likely wasnt the case.

The AMEX rep also said that this is temporary access that will end on May 31, 2018.
So today I went back to the same lounge, and showed them my AMEX card. This time they knew the rule, and I was allowed into the Senator Lounge since I had a business class ticket.

It appears to work as advertised.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.