Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Centurion/Plat access to LH/LX FCL/SEN lounges

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2024, 1:29 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, BAEC Gold, SAS EBG, AF/KL Platinum, HH Diamond for Life
Originally Posted by blue2002
oliver2002 , do you know if the "no guest" policy applies to underage kids as well? We will be two Platinum card holders connecting via FRA with two kids...
I hold a Centurion and I have an extra partner card for my wife. It looks identical to my main card.

The "no guest" policy is normally strictly enforced. I have been able to gain access with my wife (one card) + myself (main card) + our five year old twice in Frankfurt FCL A. Once alone with my son, once with my wife + son. Both times, the staff knew I was Senator in addition, FCL A had less than five other guests and our visit would be less than 45min. They made clear to communicate "exception". My wife and I have done a couple of stops in MUC with lunch or dinner.

Mostly I think they said they didn't want to charge €150 for a five year old and 45min Some people are going to hate me for this, but the cheapest thing in the world is a question. If the answer is no, you gracefully accept and move on.

Pre-Covid, I did my outmost to avoid flying via FRA/MUC with LH, and preferred LX via ZRH instead. Mostly due to the awful catering onboard LH in Business. Now I go out of my way to fly via MUC, and occasionally schedule three hour layovers for lunch/dinner and work in MUC. I think the MUC Satellite FCL is the best in the entire network. I prefer it to FRA FCT.
blue2002, SMK77, gru_muc and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 3:29 am

No issues in FRA B area today with Senator access, LH Biz + Amex Plat.

A few days ago I came through on OS Biz + Amex Plat and was denied entry because she said my OS was not Biz- I wasn’t up to arguing, think it was a weird quirk with the UA printed the boarding pass, it just showed Priority. Wishing I had bothered to push back, maybe brought up the pass in the OS app or something so it read business or asked her to try scanning the pass. Senator Lounge here has so much more space than that Biz Lounge did.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 1:08 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
No issue at the IAD lounge on the other day - though the Business Lounge is spartan and the TK lounge via Priority Pass is much better. The only benefit to the lounge (which is a big one imo) is that you can board directly from the lounge. After those in the Senator Lounge boarded, the staff let everyone in the Business Lounge board together irrespective of boarding group. I was in Group 6, and was among the first in the Y cabin to board.

Was at the LH Satellite Schengen lounge complex in MUC yesterday - there three groups (including myself) checking in with Plat cards, all of us were booked in Y. The staff directed all of us to the Senator Lounge for some reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.