Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

LH to introduce restaurant service in LH J [Business Class Signature Service]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH to introduce restaurant service in LH J [Business Class Signature Service]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2015, 3:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by CalFlyer
Probably change for the sake of change.
Or for the sake of getting 5* ?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 1:13 am

Programs: AA, AS, AC, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG
Originally Posted by FD1971
Or for the sake of getting 5* ?
Definitely for the :-::-::-::-::-:.
But I wonder how they justify the extra costs for the extra crew in implementing this service. LH has to add 2 extra crew members on each flight? Wouldn't that be a waste paying 2 crew members more (plus lodging, allowance and whatever else they're entitled to), just for 2hrs better meal service on a 10+ hr flight?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by RaSiDa
Definitely for the :-::-::-::-::-:.
But I wonder how they justify the extra costs for the extra crew in implementing this service. LH has to add 2 extra crew members on each flight? Wouldn't that be a waste paying 2 crew members more (plus lodging, allowance and whatever else they're entitled to), just for 2hrs better meal service on a 10+ hr flight?
Are they adding two staff members, or just adding two staff members in business class? The latter meaning reducing two from economy class....
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Methinks its like the setup in regional C on A32S: 1-2 FAs help to speed up C service and then go back to Y to complete the service there.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by JC Gold
Are there any details on what this restaurant service entails? The press release when it was originally announced was rather vague.
Was informed about this by various FAs on board LH756/LH757 upper deck in June/July, who actually practiced it in some fashion - excellent service.

Maybe it was the F seats/setting upstairs that incented them to do this, but I hope that LH can make this work, as they keep trying to cut salaries/benefits of the crew...
Old Aug 25, 2015, 5:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Some insight on they tested the 8 pax /FA service: http://www.ideo.com/work/a-new-level...s-class-travel
Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:01 am
Original Poster

A380 is switched, B747 is next:

After being officially introduced on all A380 routes in August, the Restaurant Service will be extended to B747s on October 1, followed by Frankfurt and Munich’s A340s on all Asian and Middle Eastern routes as of October 25. Further expansions – especially to The Americas – are still in the planning phase. “If it continues to be a success, I hope that the Business Class Restaurant Service will also be expanded to Latin America and other long-haul flights during the course of 2016,” concluded Wendlandt.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Was on LH779 (SIN-FRA, A388) on 31/8/2015 and it was traditional service.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:54 pm

Had a try of the new signature service last Sunday on the FRA-LAX service. Definitely a level better than the traditional service and the cabin crew was nice and attentive. I think the biggest advantage and improvement of the signature service is that the FA gets your food to you directly out of the oven after heating it up so the food is actually very hot when served to you.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Is October 1 still the firm start date for 747-8 flights from FRA?

It just so happens I'm flying a 747-8 flight just a few days before
Old Sep 29, 2015, 4:21 pm

Another restaurant style exceptional service on LH 400 from FRA-JFK. I always order a special meal and was pretty impressed with the food creation on this flight, which is not the same on other flights to and from JFK.

Wonder if the catering company is different for this so called "restaurant-style" service.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by OpenSky
Is October 1 still the firm start date for 747-8 flights from FRA?

It just so happens I'm flying a 747-8 flight just a few days before
I think it also depends on route. Only specific routes get it for the time being, but they're rolling it out slowly over the next year.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Redhat72
Wonder if the catering company is different for this so called "restaurant-style" service.
Nope, the vendor(s) have not changed, just the structure of service.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Nope, the vendor(s) have not changed, just the structure of service.
Interesting ! Reason I said that is because on two occasions, I got really good well-crafted, designed delicious special meal on the A380 to JFK. And in both those instances, it was their new restaurant style service.

In comparison, the special meal on the MUC-JFK is ok. Nothing close to what I get on the A380.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
I'll be curious to see how this works out. My experience with this style of service on other airlines has been that service is slower and that it is more difficult to get one's drinks changed or freshened because the FA is spending more time worrying about getting the food out to everyone. Sometimes, you can sit for 15-20 minutes with empty glasses while the FA is rushing around to everyone else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.