Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

LH to introduce restaurant service in LH J [Business Class Signature Service]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH to introduce restaurant service in LH J [Business Class Signature Service]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Shame it won't be on my MUC-JFK and vv flights in late August, wrong aircraft according to the schedule I think.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 1:27 am

Programs: LH FTL
I will miss it too as I'll fly on a 747-8, but I wonder what's the point behind introducing the new service concept gradually over several months on different aircraft types. Is it a training matter? Do they have to adjust galleys?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Wonder how the logistics work on board. Will we see flight attendances see who are juggeling plates through the aisles and running for and back to serve directly from the galley instead from the trolley. The A380 has between 78 and 98 C seats. This will be fun. Maybe during Octoberfest they will offer Maßbeer (1 Liter glasses) like this:

Copyright of the picture by picture alliance / dpa
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Had it already on JFK-FRA A380 operations.
Worked perfectly fine; the dinner was served significantly faster than usual.
In general, one FA takes care on roundabout 8 Pax.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by flyingfkb
Maybe during Octoberfest they will offer Maßbeer (1 Liter glasses) like this:
Well, they already have the outfits...
Old Aug 6, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
I just experienced the new service on the LAX-FRA route.
It is indeed an improvement and definitely a step in the right direction but what's still missing is the possibility to have your meal at the time you choose (like on EY, QR, etc). Also, food presentation is still a hit or miss (at least for mains, especially when they come with sauce).
Old Aug 7, 2015, 4:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
The signature service was announced back in 2013: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...-about-lh.html

Providing EY style service is big logistical challenge. The EY FAs at the ITB were telling me how they have to designate one FA as 'cook' who prepares all the orders for them, to avoid 3 FAs trying to work two ovens in the galley. That said, they were disappointed that most EY J pax expect trolley service and are confused by the fact that they have to dictate when/what is served.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 10:04 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
People here are reporting that service was significantly faster and better.

I just don't get it. How can it be faster to run between galley and seat for each customer instead of passing the dish directly from a trolley?

And what is the problem with trolleys anyway?

HTB.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by htb
Yeah, personally I like to look at the desserts and cheeses at least before choosing.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by htb
People here are reporting that service was significantly faster and better.

I just don't get it. How can it be faster to run between galley and seat for each customer instead of passing the dish directly from a trolley?

HTB.
It is probably not faster for the crew as such, but it means that if you are eating fast the next course will come without waiting for the rest of the cabin. Making it faster for the individuals. And since the service will be a more continual process, it does leave more time for the crew to perform the service. Though it must require a fair amount of crew members in a 98 seat C cabin....
Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Its like the service commences at 6-10 places at the same time and not back to front or vv. So you don't have to wait 30 min for the cart to come to you and ask what you want.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:57 am

Lufthansa is tweeting live right now (#Livetesting) the new #restaurantService from FRA - HOU - with pics ( one, for now)
Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
I had the restaurant experience 2 weeks ago - much better than the trolley solution. Good move.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 2:39 am

This is what EY and EK have been doing for years.

I personally prefer the trolley service, cabin is much more calm (no FAs running around like crazy all the time). Also, FAs at EY/EK hate the personalized concept since they are running all the time.

Probably change for the sake of change.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by CalFlyer
This is what EY and EK have been doing for years.

I personally prefer the trolley service, cabin is much more calm (no FAs running around like crazy all the time). Also, FAs at EY/EK hate the personalized concept since they are running all the time.

Probably change for the sake of change.
Plenty of airlines this, and I have never had the feeling that FAs were running around like crazy. Including EY. I could miss, as others mentioned, the cheese and desserts carts coming around allowing for a choice after seeing the options. But all in all, the flexibility of the service wins for me as a passenger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.