Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

LH to introduce restaurant service in LH J [Business Class Signature Service]

Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN

The new C service is being tested on flights to YYZ this week:

Business Class Signature Service on test flight

Today the first out of five test flights for the Business Class Signature Service took off on its way from Munich to Toronto. The new service sets a goal of highlighting our role as a host and fulfilling individual wishes more flexibility.

This new concept has been tested 14 days ago on the Frankfurt Chicago route on board our new Boeing 747-8 and now goes on to pass the Real-life-test on an Airbus A330, equipped with our new Business class. Passengers will be asked to complete special surveys. We are very excited to hear about the results.

Passage Newsroom
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: UA, Hyatt
Are there any details on what this restaurant service entails? The press release when it was originally announced was rather vague.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:51 pm

I have heard from a crew member on my last flight of last week that - as part of the project - flight attendants in C will be "assigned" to a group of 12 pax each. They will consistently serve their own group to improve the "restaurant" feeling.
That is all I know
Old Jun 21, 2015, 5:32 pm

Flew LH 400 (A380) Business today and service was really good. The FA said that Lufthansa is offering a new class of service starting June 1st, which includes more staff & personal attention to each passenger & also better food experience. I had a special meal and it was really good. FAs thanked each Business Class passenger before landing. FAs were talking to every passenger. Since I had a special meal, the FA ensured that he got it right the first time. Otherwise, in the past, I had to remind them that I have a special meal.

Currently, this service improvement is being offered only on the FRA-JFK route. Next route is FRA-MIA & then will be rolled out to all A380 routes.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
LH to introduce restaurant service in LH J

Can't believe no one has posted, but here is press release:

A new travel experience in Business Class on long-haul flights from 1st August

From August onwards, passengers in the Lufthansa Business Class can look forward to a completely new service on board long-haul flights. The flight attendants will now adapt their service more strongly towards the rhythm of their passengers in order to individually respond to their guests' needs and requests just like a top-class restaurant. After the flight attendants have welcomed 'their' guests on board in person and by name, they take their orders and set the table with ceramic crockery. Meals are then served directly from the galley. Trays and flight trolleys are replaced by service plates.

After the introductory flights in June and July on the Airbus A380 routes to New York (JFK) and Miami, the restaurant service will now be launched on the A380 services to Houston, Johannesburg, Los Angeles, Miami, Delhi, New York (JFK), Beijing, San Francisco, Shanghai, Seoul and Singapore from 1st August onwards. The service will then be introduced on flights with the Boeing 747-400 and 747-8 from Frankfurt on 1st October and the Airbus A340 fleet from Frankfurt and Munich to Asia and the Middle East on 25th October.

Special service training courses for around 4500 flight attendants have already been running since May this year. The around 130 flights on which the new concept has already been tested received an extremely positive response from Business Class guests. With its new restaurant service, Lufthansa is taking another important step towards becoming the first five-star airline in the Western hemisphere.

----
Comment: we love you LH, but you're not in the Western hemisphere. Please check a map.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:09 pm

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Ah, simples, you just take the Berlin meridian as zero, see. Simples.

Wonder how strongly exactly they want to adapt the service towards the individual.

Last edited by Fabo.sk; Aug 3, 2015 at 6:16 pm
Old Aug 4, 2015, 2:21 am

Programs: LH HON**, Bonvoy Titanium
The release is reasonably vague, indeed. I do hope it means that they will adapt the Etihad or Qatar Airways style of business class meals: no carts and getting the meal(s)when you actually want it (them) during the flight.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 2:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
still smells like a cost-cutting exercise!
Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:08 am

Programs: AA, AS, AC, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG
Yup, this has been running on selected routes for quite a while.

But it's great to see a confirmed roll-out schedule. That is definitely a new thing for me. Would be great to hear some feedback from people who have experienced this though.

I myself am scheduled on one of the A380 to LAX in beginning September so am definitely looking forward to what changes they made.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:21 am

Yeah, this was announced in June, experienced it on FRA-JFK A380 route. I was happy with the service, especially on an A380 where you can easily get ignored in the crowd. But the FAs made sure that everyone was well taken care of.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by warakorn
still smells like a cost-cutting exercise!
I actually already got to experience the new serivice some months ago on the FRA-JFK A380.
It was very good. (of course other airlines have been doing this for years).
Old Aug 4, 2015, 5:32 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Does that also mean improvements to the Business Class catering?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:19 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by LH4116
Does that also mean improvements to the Business Class catering?
Well... nothing about catering improvements in the Press Release - just the service style would differ...

Any experiences so far???
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:49 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TPJ
Any experiences so far???
Check a few posts above.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:32 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
So now they can see if the meal is OK in the privacy of the galley without the current surprise of whipping off the foil lid infront of the hapless passenger and seeing a sloppy mess on a plate then asking "extra sauce for Sir?".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.