Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis offer: 3h 99€ Porsche rentals for HON/F pax in FRA & MUC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:22 am

Any recent experience of the porsche rental? There isn’t a great deal of information to be found on its current format
Old Oct 11, 2018, 2:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Robcuk
Any recent experience of the porsche rental? There isn’t a great deal of information to be found on its current format
I believe this is over and no longer exists.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: Oneworld Sapphire (QR Gold), SkyTeam Elite Plus (ITA Volare)
Originally Posted by pineapple_juice
Can anyone confirm the fuel is included, even now after LH has stepped out of this partnership?
I can respond to myself - fuel was indeed included.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:16 am

Similar experience?

I'm disappointed to find out that LH ended this program, as I was certainly looking forward to it as part of an fct layover. Does anyone know if there are any similar programs available directly through a rental agency (avis or other)?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:17 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by nycbklynsfo
I'm disappointed to find out that LH ended this program, as I was certainly looking forward to it as part of an fct layover. Does anyone know if there are any similar programs available directly through a rental agency (avis or other)?
https://www.avis.de/rund-um-avis/mietwagen/prestigecars
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Both sites are working fine, I had a booking in December that had to cancel last minute but it was confirmed via email as usual.

https://www.lufthansa.com/ar/en/firs...che-excitement

https://eixnbeweb04.rent-at-avis.com...G&RAN=,3448681 (link from the LH Site to actually book it)
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by tuchop
Both sites are working fine, I had a booking in December that had to cancel last minute but it was confirmed via email as usual.

https://www.lufthansa.com/ar/en/firs...che-excitement

https://eixnbeweb04.rent-at-avis.com...G&RAN=,3448681 (link from the LH Site to actually book it)
Whoa. It still works?! I made a booking a few months ago but they replied that they couldn’t confirm it.

Rats, I should’ve tried this last week...
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:55 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim

Whoa. It still works?! I made a booking a few months ago but they replied that they couldn’t confirm it.

Rats, I should’ve tried this last week...
I'm saying the websites still work (both the one promoting the offer and the one that gets you redirected to Avis' site). It also worked in December and I had confirmation emails (first with the typical "on hold" message and later with a confirmation number). I'm not sure if it will still work, but worth a try @nycbklynsfo.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by tuchop
I'm saying the websites still work (both the one promoting the offer and the one that gets you redirected to Avis' site). It also worked in December and I had confirmation emails (first with the typical "on hold" message and later with a confirmation number). I'm not sure if it will still work, but worth a try @nycbklynsfo.
Absolutely. Hopefully @nycbklynsfo will report back as well on the success/failure!
tuchop likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:57 pm

• When I go to https://www.avis.de/rund-um-avis/mietwagen/prestigecars, all of the options for high end Porsches are several hundred Euros.
  • For https://eixnbeweb04.rent-at-avis.com...G&RAN=,3448681 , no matter what date and time I select I get the following message when requesting a "Group C (e.g. Porsche 911 Carrera)" car: "The selected car group is not available on this station at the selected date and time. Please select another car group. We can offer you the following car groups which are all available on request only: A-B-E-F-I-J-K-L-M-N-P (GB-GB-E0145)"

Am I doing something wrong/do you see different results when you try? At the moment my inclination is to just rent a mid-level car with some kick for a day in Munich. Hertz is only charging ~$100 for a Mercedes E class or BMW 3 series, for example.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
  • For https://eixnbeweb04.rent-at-avis.com...G&RAN=,3448681 , no matter what date and time I select I get the following message when requesting a "Group C (e.g. Porsche 911 Carrera)" car: "The selected car group is not available on this station at the selected date and time. Please select another car group. We can offer you the following car groups which are all available on request only: A-B-E-F-I-J-K-L-M-N-P (GB-GB-E0145)"
Am I doing something wrong/do you see different results when you try? At the moment my inclination is to just rent a mid-level car with some kick for a day in Munich. Hertz is only charging ~$100 for a Mercedes E class or BMW 3 series, for example.
I guess some kind of system error. There is availability but not necessarily in dates you would need. 18.9 not available, 19.11 is available. I chose a random dates to verify that the link works.
tuchop likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:58 pm

Huh. I couldn't get it to work before my trip, and at the FCT one of the agents said that she didn't think Avis still offered the program (the partnership with LH is definitively gone). I ended up doing a 3 hour rental from BMW on Demand at the BMW Welt in Munich.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:13 pm

Huh. I couldn't get it to work before my trip, and at the FCT one of the agents said that she didn't think Avis still offered the program (the partnership with LH is definitively gone). I ended up doing a 3 hour rental from BMW on Demand at the BMW Welt in Munich.
What did you rent from BMW and how much was it?
Old Apr 28, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
National Executive Elite members can rent (any car class, such as) a BMW 3 series or similar for 1 free rental day credit. For just driving a BMW or similar around autobahn for a few hours, that's a pretty good and free option.

I tried to do this once, but it was a rainy day, so I opted to spend more hours in the FCL. The service was even more attentive, the longer you stay in the lounge. They kept bringing me nice snacks and beverages.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
National Executive Elite members can rent (any car class, such as) a BMW 3 series or similar for 1 free rental day credit. For just driving a BMW or similar around autobahn for a few hours, that's a pretty good and free option.

I tried to do this once, but it was a rainy day, so I opted to spend more hours in the FCL. The service was even more attentive, the longer you stay in the lounge. They kept bringing me nice snacks and beverages.
There is a wide range of models/engines in the "3 series" classification bucket. You can take the M3 for a spin at the BMW Welt in Munich. Are we comparing apples to apples here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.