Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis offer: 3h 99€ Porsche rentals for HON/F pax in FRA & MUC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Its perhaps 20-60EUR cheaper compared to other Avis offers. My Avis station here in Munich rents out 911 for 100/2h. Similar deal online: https://www.avis.de/mietwagen-angebo...r-work-special
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:29 am

i actually went through the whole form from this link: https://eixnbeweb03.rent-at-avis.com...Y&RAN=,6789256

Then I got an e-mail saying they were unable to confirm my reservation. I think I'll just have this arranged at the FCL over breakfast and then drop it off after at the FCT.

The only thing i'm slightly worried about is availability. Anyone ever wanted one and not got one?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by jayoxd
i actually went through the whole form from this link: https://eixnbeweb03.rent-at-avis.com...Y&RAN=,6789256

Then I got an e-mail saying they were unable to confirm my reservation. I think I'll just have this arranged at the FCL over breakfast and then drop it off after at the FCT.

The only thing i'm slightly worried about is availability. Anyone ever wanted one and not got one?
I was in the exact same situation the first time I rented one but you should be fine as I was told that they're sold out on rare occasions only.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by JohnRain
I was in the exact same situation the first time I rented one but you should be fine as I was told that they're sold out on rare occasions only.
thank you for the fast reply. if you were to do it again would you get the plat concierge to look into it or just show up at the FCL? I like the flexibility of showing up at the FCL in case there are any delays and amex secures a 10 AM reservation for example.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by jayoxd
thank you for the fast reply. if you were to do it again would you get the plat concierge to look into it or just show up at the FCL? I like the flexibility of showing up at the FCL in case there are any delays and amex secures a 10 AM reservation for example.
You raise a very good point. The best solution I've come up with is to book through Amex and in case the plane is late, send your Amex concierge an email from the plane asking him to inform the Avis station and postpone the reservation.
jayoxd likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by JohnRain
You raise a very good point. The best solution I've come up with is to book through Amex and in case the plane is late, send your Amex concierge an email from the plane asking him to inform the Avis station and postpone the reservation.
perfect plan - i'll do just that. thanks again!
JohnRain likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 6:12 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
I also did the Porsche rental but for a data point, I had an interesting time getting the FCL B and FCT reserving the car. Back in mid June, I got in at 5 AM from JFK and headed over to the lounge. They couldn't seem to get it done and they were in contact with someone at the FCT to work with Avis. Around 10, I made my way over to the FCT where finally around 11 AM, they were able to get me the reservation. I spent 3 hours on the autobahn and loved it.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: None anymore
I tried doing the Porsche rental but ultimately failed at getting it done. I had a really long layover too.

I tried to start at the FCL but the attendant said she couldn't help me and I should go to the FCT. So I did and asked there. They are definitely able to do it but someone else "beat me to it" minutes before me, apparently there was a porsche event somewhere and they took all of Avis' Porsches. So I wasn't able to.

The same guy who "beat me to it" also beat me to the FCT bath. Sigh....
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by warrenw
I tried doing the Porsche rental but ultimately failed at getting it done. I had a really long layover too.

I tried to start at the FCL but the attendant said she couldn't help me and I should go to the FCT. So I did and asked there. They are definitely able to do it but someone else "beat me to it" minutes before me, apparently there was a porsche event somewhere and they took all of Avis' Porsches. So I wasn't able to.

The same guy who "beat me to it" also beat me to the FCT bath. Sigh....
I can see getting annoyed at losing out on the Porsche experience if you have a long layover (presumably intentionally long for the sole purpose of "maximizing"). But what you mean by "beat me to the bath"? Did you have to wait or did you "miss out" on it because your flight was leaving? Seriously, it's a public bath--and as nice as the FCT is--it's public and the idea of bathing in it is pretty gross to me.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by NYC1
I can see getting annoyed at losing out on the Porsche experience if you have a long layover (presumably intentionally long for the sole purpose of "maximizing"). But what you mean by "beat me to the bath"? Did you have to wait or did you "miss out" on it because your flight was leaving? Seriously, it's a public bath--and as nice as the FCT is--it's public and the idea of bathing in it is pretty gross to me.
I was disappointed about the Porsche for sure, but nothing to get too upset about, it was out of everyone's control.

I mean, with my long layover I could have gone at any time for the bath, it's just at the time that I went over to use the facility the attendant informed me that someone had just gone in and it would be an hour or so until it was available again, so I just went with a normal shower.

And you're right, that's something I kept thinking about. Tons of people have bathed there... Hahaha
Old Oct 9, 2017, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Trying to decide if this is worth it. Just managed to get my first LH F flight through FRA (my only other LH F was via MUC).

I arrive at ~805am from MXP and depart for IAD at ~105pm. Obviously have never been to FCT so want to maximize my time at the FCT and just debating whether 1-1.5 hours of the Porsche is worth it. Also curious whether traffic would be an issue at all at 9-1030am on a Tuesday morning.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage LG, MP, BAEC, UR
Originally Posted by Duke787
Trying to decide if this is worth it. Just managed to get my first LH F flight through FRA (my only other LH F was via MUC).

Also curious whether traffic would be an issue at all at 9-1030am on a Tuesday morning.
While I can't comment on traffic on that time of day, I can tell you I did about 1.5hrs and it was well worth it! I'd go first to the A FCL, get the car reservation sorted (if you already haven't done so, I had problems online as have others on this thread) get the car and BOMB down the autobahn! I went to Wiesbaden which was like 20 mins away going approx 160kmh in a ragtop 911. It was awesome. Wiesbaden is a great little town, have a look around, grab a coffee somewhere and rocket back to the FCT. SO SO glad I did it, was a great way to spend 90 mins or so. Do it, you'll love it!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Duke787

I arrive at ~805am from MXP and depart for IAD at ~105pm. Obviously have never been to FCT so want to maximize my time at the FCT and just debating whether 1-1.5 hours of the Porsche is worth it. Also curious whether traffic would be an issue at all at 9-1030am on a Tuesday morning.
You could easily check traffic with Google Maps remotely. I think Google maps also has a "typical traffic at this time" feature.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
You could easily check traffic with Google Maps remotely. I think Google maps also has a "typical traffic at this time" feature.
Fair enough though I'm based in the US so to get a live time of traffic would require checking at 2am because of the time difference. Was just hoping to just get insight from someone who lives there.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
You can also enter a specific (local) time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.