Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis offer: 3h 99€ Porsche rentals for HON/F pax in FRA & MUC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:45 pm

oh, and also, it's not that exclusive this rental we use in benefit of flying LH F

i asked in the counter, and LH just "give" an 60 EUR voucher for us.
if you get on the counter and ask for a 3hour porsche "happy hour" (that's how avis calls it) it would cost you 160 EUR, being 99 the insurance we have to pay
Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by pkormann

i asked in the counter, and LH just "give" an 60 EUR voucher for us.
Thats LH in generous mode
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:48 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Curious - what is the hourly surcharge for this? Arriving at 6pm to FRA, connecting flight following morning, likely going to just rent a Porsche to go to dinner and drop it off at the airport and go to sleep. It's actually cheaper than Sixt on my day, heh. Not likely to exceed 150km, but probably going to be 4 hours or so... They claim they're charging me for "1 day" according to terms, so I wonder if I could wiggle out of it?...
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:57 am

Btw. I've seen a number of posts asking for a decent route to take - here's one I recommend. Autobahn over to Wiesbaden and then to Eberbach (but because of construction as of summer 2018, likely limited), then up into the somewhat rural area on a very nice two-lane road - if you're lucky with traffic, there'll be nobody there, but tons of twists and turns, and then once you're back onto the Autobahn around Idstein, there's several unlimited segments if you're lucky and there's no traffic.

Currently works out to 154 kms, but you can skip the Eberbach Abbey if you don't care about their wine, there's not much there besides that.

goliath likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Curious - what is the hourly surcharge for this? Arriving at 6pm to FRA, connecting flight following morning, likely going to just rent a Porsche to go to dinner and drop it off at the airport and go to sleep. It's actually cheaper than Sixt on my day, heh. Not likely to exceed 150km, but probably going to be 4 hours or so... They claim they're charging me for "1 day" according to terms, so I wonder if I could wiggle out of it?...
I was told three times (over the phone, before I made a reservation / at the counter, picking up the key / by the guys handling the return of the car) that they are super strict and that anything beyond 10 minutes will result in a charge for one day.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by zara
I was told three times (over the phone, before I made a reservation / at the counter, picking up the key / by the guys handling the return of the car) that they are super strict and that anything beyond 10 minutes will result in a charge for one day.
I see. Thanks - noted.

Another question. Placed a booking using that Avis.de link earlier in the thread, got a reply back after a couple of days saying that the booking was denied. No details, and nowhere I can call back / question it. Any reason? I don't think I included my LH booking PNR, but then again, I don't think Avis can check (or does check, based on past experience) so I'm not sure what happened here. The first page did say "reservation system is currently offline", though. Maybe that's why?...... but how do you book this, then?

First time I'm seeing it.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see. Thanks - noted.

Another question. Placed a booking using that Avis.de link earlier in the thread, got a reply back after a couple of days saying that the booking was denied. No details, and nowhere I can call back / question it. Any reason? I don't think I included my LH booking PNR, but then again, I don't think Avis can check (or does check, based on past experience) so I'm not sure what happened here. The first page did say "reservation system is currently offline", though. Maybe that's why?...... but how do you book this, then?

First time I'm seeing it.
Why don’t you call the dedicated LH First Class number, they ought to be able to assist or inform at the very least.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by chris63

Why don’t you call the dedicated LH First Class number, they ought to be able to assist or inform at the very least.
I honestly prefer to get stuff done online rather than call people, but I guess this might be the way to do it here. Sigh. Wonder what happened to the website? Worked fine last time...
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I honestly prefer to get stuff done online rather than call people, but I guess this might be the way to do it here. Sigh. Wonder what happened to the website? Worked fine last time...
Sure but the wonderful web isn’t working

LH First hotline is there to help but not online.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by chris63

Sure but the wonderful web isn’t working

LH First hotline is there to help but not online.
Hehe. True, I guess. They haven’t randomly closed down the program though, right?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hehe. True, I guess. They haven’t randomly closed down the program though, right?
Not that I’m aware of & looked like someone was dropping one of at the FCT yesterday
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Curious are they giving 991.1 or 991.2? Or simpler terms what year is it?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Curious are they giving 991.1 or 991.2? Or simpler terms what year is it?
I had the .2 C4S with 1K kms.

That said, you’re not GUARANTEED a 997. They offered me a Macan first.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: LH SEN*, HHonors, IHG

I had the .2 C4S with 1K kms.

That said, you’re not GUARANTEED a 997. They offered me a Macan first.
same for me - got offered a Macan first, but ended up in a 991.2 GTS convertible End of May
Old Sep 23, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: Oneworld Sapphire (QR Gold), SkyTeam Elite Plus (ITA Volare)
I have booked this offer for next week. Nowhere in the Reservation Confirmation does it say that fuel is included, which makes me wonder...

All it says is:
Car group: Group C (e.g. Porsche 911 Carrera)
99,10 EUR

Your quote includes:
Local Tax (TAX)
Vehicle Damage Cover* (CDW) - Excess applies - 1.500,00 EUR
Vehicle Theft Cover* (TP) - Excess applies - 1.500,00 EUR
Vehicle Registration Fee (VRF)
Airport/city/other surcharge
150 KM
Can anyone confirm the fuel is included, even now after LH has stepped out of this partnership?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.