Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2023, 5:46 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Hello AlwaysFlyStar,

I'm sorry to hear about your cancelled flight and that you haven't received compensation. I can understand that the response didn't meet your expectations! Unfortunately, we, as the Social Media team, don't have an influence on the decisions of other departments. If you have further questions about your request, please contact Customer Relations directly at https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Feedback and scroll down the menu until "Ask about existing feedback". You can also take a look at our website: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/passenger-rights. Please scroll down to "Cancellation". An aircraft's damage is an unexpected deficiency in flight safety, and therefore you are not entitled to compensation as per EU regulation.

Best regards,
Giulia
Old Jul 4, 2023, 9:10 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello AlwaysFlyStar,

I'm sorry to hear about your cancelled flight and that you haven't received compensation. I can understand that the response didn't meet your expectations! Unfortunately, we, as the Social Media team, don't have an influence on the decisions of other departments. If you have further questions about your request, please contact Customer Relations directly at https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Feedback and scroll down the menu until "Ask about existing feedback". You can also take a look at our website: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/passenger-rights. Please scroll down to "Cancellation". An aircraft's damage is an unexpected deficiency in flight safety, and therefore you are not entitled to compensation as per EU regulation.

Best regards,
Giulia
So you are honestly claiming that Lufthansa is not required to reimburse hotel and meals? Since when is this the case?

Also, according to EU, it is only unexpected if it was a manufacturing defect or an act of sabotage/terrorism, which seems unlikely.
  • If the aircraft has a technical defect, can it be considered as "extraordinary circumstances"?

NO – a technical problem which comes to light during normal aircraft maintenance or is caused by the failure to correctly maintain an aircraft cannot be regarded as "extraordinary circumstances".
    YES - if the technical defect was related to an incident which was not caused by the normal activity of air carriers and falls outside their control due its nature or origin. For example a hidden manufacturing defect uncovered by the aircraft manufacturer or by a competent authority, or damage to the aircraft caused by acts of sabotage or terrorism would qualify as extraordinary circumstances.
    chris63 likes this.

Last edited by AlwaysFlyStar; Jul 4, 2023 at 9:27 am
    Old Jul 9, 2023, 9:00 am

Hello, which lounge does Lufthansa use in Houston IAH for First passengers? And does Lufthansa offer a "personal assistant" in IAH for arriving and departing passengers?
    Old Jul 10, 2023, 5:45 am

Hello Sonne 1982,

Lufthansa First Class passengers can use the United Polaris Lounge at Terminal D. The personal assistant service is only offered at the airports in Miami, Orlando, Austin, Los Angeles and San Francisco.

Best regards,
    Giulia
    Old Jul 10, 2023, 8:58 pm
    wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
    Curious about whats going on with advance seat selection for long haul economy. I have an upcoming trip on LH operated flights (booked through Air Canada). All in economy B fare class. When I pull up the reservation on Lufthansas website it clearly states that Seat Reservation is Included in my fare.

However, it still tries to charge me. I called in and they were unable to tell me why. Asked for a supervisor and they said one would call me back in about an hour, that was over 24 hours ago.

Feels a bit bizarre to not have this included in a B fare, but maybe thats just how it works with LH. However in that case why would Lufthansas own website say that it is included in my fare?
    Old Jul 11, 2023, 6:20 am

Hello wjw,

I am sorry to hear that you have run into an issue regarding the seat reservation! Kindly provide us with your booking code and full passenger name via PM so that we can cross-check it internally.

Best regards
    Rita
    Old Jul 18, 2023, 1:32 pm

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
    Hi Lufthansa team,
    Wondering if you could provide me with an update on an existing compensation request as a result of a canceled flight, with case number 37693302. I would appreciate a speedy resolve, as it's been a month and haven't received any news.
    Many thanks!
    Old Jul 19, 2023, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by B0gdan
    Hi Lufthansa team,
    Wondering if you could provide me with an update on an existing compensation request as a result of a canceled flight, with case number 37693302. I would appreciate a speedy resolve, as it's been a month and haven't received any news.
    Many thanks!
    Hi B0gdan,

mentioned feedback ID, in fact, was merged with the case registered under ID 37691573, which in turn was closed at the beginning of July, after the offer of a compensation was accepted. Please check the e-mail correspondence in regards for clarification. We cannot offer any further assistance with feedback ID 37693302.

Best,
    Katharina
    Old Jul 19, 2023, 12:06 pm

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
    Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
    Hi B0gdan,

mentioned feedback ID, in fact, was merged with the case registered under ID 37691573, which in turn was closed at the beginning of July, after the offer of a compensation was accepted. Please check the e-mail correspondence in regards for clarification. We cannot offer any further assistance with feedback ID 37693302.

Best,
    Katharina
    Hi Katharina,
    I'm sorry but I don't quite understand. How can the two cases be merged without anyone informing me? I've been waiting for a month for a reply and the full compensation due which hasn't happened.
    Old Jul 20, 2023, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by B0gdan
    Hi Katharina,
    I'm sorry but I don't quite understand. How can the two cases be merged without anyone informing me? I've been waiting for a month for a reply and the full compensation due which hasn't happened.
    Hello B0gdan,

In this case I will need to ask you to please refer back to Customer Relations and ask to take up the handling of your feedback once more using our form online: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Feedback (topic: Ask about existing feedback). Please also include both feedback IDs.

Best regards
    Jasmin
    Old Jul 22, 2023, 11:26 am

Hello Lufthansa team,

Booked a BRU-JNB flight that has a 1 hour transfer time in Frankfurt. Normally that would do as the minimal transfer time is 45 minutes. However I have a hip and back issue that has me limited to walking only short distances at a slow pace. I therefore require special assistance at the airport (wheelchair) and will be asked to disembark the plane only after everyone else.

The inbound flight is often delayed and there is only one outbound flight to JNB a day. Not and ideal stress free situation. There is however an earlier BRU-JNB flight that would leave ample time to make the transfer. We are more than willing to take that flight and wait a while at Frankfurt, but customer service could not assist, referring to the 45 minute transfer time, which unfortunately is based on able bodied persons.

Booking us on the earlier flight seems like a win-win since it would be less stressful for us and limit the chance of overnight hotel costs/luggage not making the flight for Lufthansa. Is there any route I could take to make that happen?

The reason we didn’t book the earlier flight in the first place is that It didn’t come up as an option during booking.

Thanking you in advance for taking the time to assist.
    Old Jul 24, 2023, 3:42 am

Hello Fiesta72,

thank you for reaching out to us! Kindly provide us with your booking code and full passenger's name via PM so we can cross-check your options.

Best regards
    Rita
    fiesta72 likes this.
    Old Aug 6, 2023, 12:49 pm
    mag

Programs: LH M&M, FTL / *S
    Hello LH Team,

may I ask for support on creating a biometric profile via the Star Alliance App? This app refers you to the LH app where you should click the link to Star Alliance Biometrics. The link works as authentification of your LH profile.
    Alas, I cannot find this link in the LH app and the chat bot cannot help either.

I hope you can? Thank you!
    Old Aug 7, 2023, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by mag
    Hello LH Team,

may I ask for support on creating a biometric profile via the Star Alliance App? This app refers you to the LH app where you should click the link to Star Alliance Biometrics. The link works as authentification of your LH profile.
    Alas, I cannot find this link in the LH app and the chat bot cannot help either.

I hope you can? Thank you!
    Hi mag,

Best to get in touch with our Websupport, my colleagues will able to check this for you and assist.

Best regards
    Birgit
    Old Aug 9, 2023, 2:30 pm

Programs: AF Ultimate, LH Senator, BA Gold; MB Titanium, HH Diamond; Starbucks Gold
    Hello Lufthansa,

I have been involuntarily downgraded over a year ago and received a compensation voucher.

Over the past year, I have tried to claim it multiple times - the first few agents I tried contacting were unable to do so, but when I managed to reach a German agent at the LH Senator line this spring, they seemed to have gone through significant effort (as the call lasted almost an hour) to process it and advised I would receive the corresponding amount.

I have, however, never received the refund and the original card used for the payment expired this month. Can you please advise what to do in order to claim the amount in the voucher?

Thank you very much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.