Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa Long-Haul Business Class launch [merged rationale discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Long-Haul Business Class launch [merged rationale discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: LH:SEN; HH:Diamond; SGP:Platinum; PC:Gold
It looks like new C class on LO 787 will be more comfortable with more space for legs:

Old Mar 11, 2012, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SMK77
More importantly: Does he get free tickets for what he is doing?

LH's approach to steer opinions on the main online platforms is very questionable. The censorship on VFT last week was a new low and shed some light on what's going on behind the scenes.

If LH wants to be part of the discussion here and elsewhere, they need to put people like Michelle back in place. Buying favors doesn't do the trick.
What did LH do on VFT? (Yes I do know what it is !).

The media backlash on this has been interesting. LH does have a PR problem with this one.

My attitude is different rather than attacking LH for this failure, I am in fact sorry for LH, they had a great chance to reveal a product which could lure a lot of business back from "bling air(s)" and TK.

I wonder what the future of the company holds as it becomes less business customer centric which has been and still is its prime profitable base. They are alienating their customers forgetting that many have a choice. In this age of strict travel budgets there has to be a justifiable reason for spending that bit more to fly LH. This reason is going.

I'm well aware LH have a captive market in Germany, but there is only so far you can push the consumers there, that once inconvenient transfer via LHR or DXB, which often works out cheaper too, is all the more sweeter.

For me being a SEN is all about LX, I love the onboard product, while the lounges are not as good it is made up in this way I wish their network was bigger and like LH's .

SWISS has a captive market too, but CH citizens are lucky as LX is great!
Old Mar 11, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I was looking for ways to excuse LH's new C, but then I saw this:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4028906&type=1
Old Mar 11, 2012, 5:10 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Matze20111984
Does somebody know where the handset for the IFE on picture 23 is located? I haven't seen that so far. The handset in the armrest looks different
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Thats the F IFE handset, they must have mixed up their pictures
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
That's a handset for the new F and nothing to do with the new C.
The picture has gone from FB.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 5:25 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
Originally Posted by SMK77
LH's approach to steer opinions on the main online platforms is very questionable. The censorship on VFT last week was a new low and shed some light on what's going on behind the scenes.
Please explain it to the ones who are not willing to read anything about "Offenheit und Toleranz" there anymore.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 6:18 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by gojko88
I was looking for ways to excuse LH's new C, but then I saw this:
Why do you have to look for ways to excuse LH's new C?

I'd be interested to know if there was any caption to the first picture in this post. If it is indeed the main deck of the 747-8i as someone suggested, why did LH not launch the new C seats as they would be installed on the main deck rather than on the upper deck (or was it the 333)?

I thought LH wanted to launch the new C seats with the introduction of the 747-8i. I've lost track but am I correct in thinking that the 333 with the new F and C will be flying before the first 747-8i?

As far as I can see from various pictures, the only new C seats on display at ITB were those arranged /\ with very narrow tables in-between. If they have other configurations, e.g. H or / \ , why did they not show them at the launch event? Were they too honest and showed the worst examples? So no one can complain when they see inferior versions later?

That alone seems like a major PR disaster.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 6:49 pm

I thought LH wanted to launch the new C seats with the introduction of the 747-8i. I've lost track but am I correct in thinking that the 333 with the new F and C will be flying before the first 747-8i?

You are right, the first aircraft with the new C will be the A333 which will be delivered by end of this month. Thanks to Boeing for their delay

The picture you linked is definitely the main deck of the new B747-8I, look at all these engineers with the boeing jackets, LH hasn't ordered other boeing aircraft so it can only be the main deck of the B747-8I.

Why they picked this version for the ITB? Good question I can just guess that they picked this version because it will be the majority of the seats in the new B747-8I.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 7:15 pm

I can just guess that they picked this version because it will be the majority of the seats in the new B747-8I.
The majority? According to oliver2002 in this post there will be 32 C seats on the upper deck. And according to this list there will be 92 C seats altogether. So there will be 60 C seats in 10 rows of H / \ H or \\ / \ // on the main deck.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fqtv_kraven
Please explain it to the ones who are not willing to read anything about "Offenheit und Toleranz" there anymore.
What happened?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by G_G
So AA should receive subsidies from US government
AA will get subsidies early enough... once they come out of Chapter 11, U.S. law cleared them of substantial debt that would have other airlines outside the United State fold a long time ago.

Besides that I doubt that the government of Singapore provides subsidies to SQ. The tax, legal & employment structure in Singapore alone is very corporate friendly that no additional incentives are needed to let SQ thrive.

And the largest source of their success is a happy & healthy customer base, resulting from professional service and high product standards.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 5:09 am

The majority? According to oliver2002 in this post there will be 32 C seats on the upper deck. And according to this list there will be 92 C seats altogether. So there will be 60 C seats in 10 rows of H / \ H or \\ / \ // on the main deck.
The main deck will also get V-configuration on the outer rows. So I guess the outer rows will be the versions LH has shown on the ITB
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:10 am

The main deck will also get V-configuration on the outer rows. So I guess the outer rows will be the versions LH has shown on the ITB
I don't have the time to check right now but I seem to remember someone posted that the window pairs on the main deck would be more like H or \\ // rather than \/.

The picture of the main deck unfortunately does not show the window pairs very clearly but they look as if they are facing (more) forward than the middle pairs. And have you any idea where the bottom left picture in this post came from?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:48 am

I don't have the time to check right now but I seem to remember someone posted that the window pairs on the main deck would be more like H or \\ // rather than \/.

The picture of the main deck unfortunately does not show the window pairs very clearly but they look as if they are facing (more) forward than the middle pairs. And have you any idea where the bottom left picture in this post came from?
On B747-8I it will be: upper deck: \/ \/ main deck: \/ \/ \/
ans on Airbus fleet it will be: \\ \/ //
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by bartek
It looks like new C class on LO 787 will be more comfortable with more space for legs:

That would be the best business class I have ever seen ^
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Have a look at the new Qatar C then (the link for which I posted near the top of the page)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.