Wiki Posts
Search

Determining LH Y/E/C/F loads? [the help me guesstimate loads thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by RedRobin
Hello Experts,
Can anyone please look for me ZRH-GRU - LX092 how it looks?

I am booked in Business (P) and got: Status: Wait list: First (A)

What are the chances of this clearing long before the flight? close before the flight? or just very last minute? Any idea how busy this period is? loads? (currently, just M&M member with no status...)

Thanks in advance, looking forward to trying LX in First.
the date of your flight might help
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by daumueller
the date of your flight might help
LOL !

I was so excited, I forgot. I updated the entry! thanks for pointing it out.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:04 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Hello Experts,
Can anyone please look for me ZRH-GRU - LX092 how it looks on 11th of October, 2019?

What are the chances of this clearing long before the flight? close before the flight? or just very last minute? Any idea how busy this period is? loads? (currently, just M&M member with no status...)

The Flight is F4A3, So there is a very decent chance you'll receive your upgrade. Sometimes, however, you may only receive it hours before the flight. If you haven't received it at check-in you can ask at the check-in desk as if there are any F seats available they will be able to upgrade you manually there.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Nick Art
The Flight is F4A3, So there is a very decent chance you'll receive your upgrade. Sometimes, however, you may only receive it hours before the flight. If you haven't received it at check-in you can ask at the check-in desk as if there are any F seats available they will be able to upgrade you manually there.
OP has no status, booked in P & flight is in October, based on that I wouldn’t be so confident, HON, SEN & FTL will be infront of the line for upgrades not to mention LX bombarding all other J pax with offers to pay to upgrade, however I hope it works out for the OP
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chris63

OP has no status, booked in P & flight is in October, based on that I wouldn’t be so confident, HON, SEN & FTL will be infront of the line for upgrades not to mention LX bombarding all other J pax with offers to pay to upgrade, however I hope it works out for the OP
But on the GRU route F is rarely fully booked, and unless there is another person (with higher status) who wants to upgrade and if there's a seat available at check-in, OP will most probably get it.
Keep in mind that Mile upgrades (that OP seemed to have waitlisted) are in front of Opups (even if there's a HON they'd still give the upgrade to the guc paying with miles) and at check-in can be manually done if there is seats available... Chances are pretty big that out of the 63 people that could be booked in Business on this flight aren't paying miles for an upgrade. And even if there is somebody else, there is still the chance that there are more than one F seat available.

I have made several such upgrades even for two people and even on the JFK route (with only two F seats still available) and that was with no M&M status.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But on the GRU route F is rarely fully booked, and unless there is another person (with higher status) who wants to upgrade and if there's a seat available at check-in, OP will most probably get it.
Keep in mind that Mile upgrades (that OP seemed to have waitlisted) are in front of Opups (even if there's a HON they'd still give the upgrade to the guc paying with miles) and at check-in can be manually done if there is seats available... Chances are pretty big that out of the 63 people that could be booked in Business on this flight aren't paying miles for an upgrade. And even if there is somebody else, there is still the chance that there are more than one F seat available.

I have made several such upgrades even for two people and even on the JFK route (with only two F seats still available) and that was with no M&M status.
Sure but a P to O upgrade for a non status pax is bottom of the upgrade list, entirely depends therefore on loads on the day & that is a huge variable
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Sure but a P to O upgrade for a non status pax is bottom of the upgrade list, entirely depends therefore on loads on the day & that is a huge variable
Sure, but when have you been on a fully booked F flight the last time? The only one I‘ve been on was JFK-ZRH (where I got the two seats as a last minute upgrade).

Furthermore, it always depends on revenue management when the upgrade A sub space (not O!) is available. It often gets available in the last hours before the flight if there are any seats left. But to be honest, sometimes it also works earlier. The question will always be if LX think they can sell the seats rather than give them to the mile upgraders.

And as mentioned: One can always ask at check in to do it manually (if there are seats left).

Another reason I‘m so confident is that for me I‘ve never had an F upgrade with miles on LX that didn‘t go through eventually.
PVG this September is looking risky with F2A2, but then again, I got JFK-ZRH in February for two people and that despite the flight being F0 for weeks before the flight.

I don‘t know, just gotta remain positive! It will be what it will be

Last edited by Nick Art; Jul 4, 2019 at 3:01 pm
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sure, but when have you been on a fully booked F flight the last time?
Most of my F flights end up full, route depending of course & especially with LX, they push upgrade purchase more aggressively
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Most of my F flights end up full, route depending of course & especially with LX, they push upgrade purchase more aggressively
True, I think we both just have some different experiences! And I guess I always got lucky with my F upgrades so far, but then again, I haven't flown as much F in my life as you have
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Any outlook on the following flights. Looking to upgrade with a United GPU from Business (D) to First. Any chance any of these would clear right after booking?

15 Aug IAH-FRA LH441
16 Aug FRA-BLR LH754

22 Aug BLR-FRA LH755
22 Aug FRA-IAH LH440

Thanks for the help - appreciate it!
Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:24 am

Dear Nick Art and Chris63

Thanks for telling me that the flight is F4A3.

It was very interesting to read about both of your experiences and that certainly gives me hope (and is taken away too) … so I guess will really be a “last minute” thing... (too bad, would be awesome to get confirmation ahead of time...) We’ll see, and, I will report back in October.

Some additional questions that might help me better understand the chances:

- (to reconfirm) Lets say flight is overbooked in economy and pretty much in business too. They would bump people from business to first, and then from economy to business in order to reduce the overbooking? If this does happen, would my request for mileage upgrade would be looked at first, rather than just an upgrade without miles? (even if there’s a HON, SEN, etc..? (without bidding miles))

- How does the overall flight look currently? Y,Z,M,B,D,P, etc.. etc..? Can anyone please post it?

Thanks again, hoping the inventory "gods" will rule in my favor :-)
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:03 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TexasAggie02
Any outlook on the following flights. Looking to upgrade with a United GPU from Business (D) to First. Any chance any of these would clear right after booking?

15 Aug IAH-FRA LH441
16 Aug FRA-BLR LH754

22 Aug BLR-FRA LH755
22 Aug FRA-IAH LH440

Thanks for the help - appreciate it!
LH 441 IAH 08/15/19 3:55 PM FRA 08/16/19 8:40 AM 388 Daily
F6 A6 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 G9 E9 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L0 K0

LH 754 FRA 08/16/19 1:10 PM BLR 08/17/19 1:25 AM 74H Daily
F6 A6 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 G9 E9 N9 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9

LH 755 BLR 08/22/19 3:05 AM FRA 08/22/19 9:00 AM 74H Daily
F6 A4 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 G9 E9 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0

LH 440 FRA 08/22/19 10:00 AM IAH 08/22/19 1:50 PM 388 Daily
F6 A3 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 G9 E9 N9 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:06 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Hello Experts,
Can anyone please look for me ZRH-GRU - LX092 how it looks on 11th of October, 2019?

LX 92 ZRH 10/11/19 10:40 PM GRU 10/12/19 5:30 AM 77W Daily
F4 A3 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S0 T0 L0 K0
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Hello,

could you help me out with the following flight:

July 7th : MUC-PVG LH726

Edit: FTL Booked in E, fingers crossed for my first op up

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by asam089; Jul 6, 2019 at 3:05 pm
Old Jul 6, 2019, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
LX 92 ZRH 10/11/19 10:40 PM GRU 10/12/19 5:30 AM 77W Daily
F4 A3 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S0 T0 L0 K0
Thanks NewbieRunner. Flight so far looks super open... lets see how it changes..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.