Wiki Posts
Search

New SEN lounge FRA B-pier

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 2:03 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by bennijiggs
Visited the new lounge for the first time July 15th. I liked it. Nice Aesthetics. Kinda missed the Pasta bar but loved the free Wifi and the sleeping room. I took a nice 2 hour nap. I was bored so I shot, edited, then uploaded this video from my Iphone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99nKizdrYk
Thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 2:17 am

Programs: TK Miles &Smile Elite, Star Alliance Gold
I will be arriving and departing from A pier , since I have about 3 hrs connection time will I be able to go do B pier and make use of the new Senator Lounge? Do I have to go through any security and-or passport check? as I would have later on to walk back to pier A?
Old Jul 19, 2011, 5:45 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Travelite
I will be arriving and departing from A pier , since I have about 3 hrs connection time will I be able to go do B pier and make use of the new Senator Lounge? Do I have to go through any security and-or passport check? as I would have later on to walk back to pier A?
Are you connecting from Schengen to non-Schengen or non-Schengen to Schegen (or possibly Schengen to Schenge)? My guess is you will have to go through passport control at least once and security once or twice.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Are you connecting from Schengen to non-Schengen or non-Schengen to Schegen (or possibly Schengen to Schenge)? My guess is you will have to go through passport control at least once and security once or twice.
I will be arriving on LH from Palermo IT and departing on LH to Munich 3 hours later.So I guess it is Schengen to Schengen. I have only been on transit through FRA once. My idea was to sample during those 3 hours the new Senator Lounge.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:18 am
Original Poster

I will be arriving on LH from Palermo IT and departing on LH to Munich 3 hours later.So I guess it is Schengen to Schengen. I have only been on transit through FRA once. My idea was to sample during those 3 hours the new Senator Lounge.
Are we even allowed to enter the non schengen B area without a same day departure from a non schengen B gate?

Last edited by A380*G; Jul 19, 2011 at 6:39 am
Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:36 am

Programs: LH SEN
Any idea/pics of the showers?
Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by A380*G
Are we even allowed to enter the non schengen B area without a same day departure from a non schengen B gate?
I suppose not....but not 100% sure.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I too enjoyed the new SEN lounge and appreciated the relaxation room. However, it is missing a door that keeps our lot noise like the welcome lounge room has, dim lights ( it's like being on stage in there!), and employees who understand you're trying to sleep. They kept coming to the door banging their carts and closets around and unwrapping plastic bags for four hours straight. Nice amenity but the rough edges need to be smoothed out. The KLM relaxation room in AMS has dim lights and noise canceling headphones w music!!
Old Jul 19, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by A380*G
I did. My flight was out of C gates, but wanted to try the new lounge so went through the check point into B gate. Guy checking boarding passes let me through when I told him I wante dto go to the lounge. No issues.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 8:55 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bennijiggs
I did. My flight was out of C gates, but wanted to try the new lounge so went through the check point into B gate. Guy checking boarding passes let me through when I told him I wante dto go to the lounge. No issues.
But you were travelling to non-Schengen and wanted to visit a lounge in the non-Schengen area. The question is whether someone travelling from Schengen to Schengen can visit a lounge in the non-Schengen area.

It certainly used to be possible.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 2:48 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
I spent 4 Hours in the new lounge a few days ago. Vast improvement on the old B Pier SEN lounge. However, the staff were constantly hoovering the carpet. I know it's new and they want to keep it looking good but non-stop noise from the cleaner does not make for a relaxing lounge atmosphere.

I have a 3 hour layover on Saturday, arriving at BNS and departing from A. I will definitely use the B Pier lounge rather than the hell-hole at A26.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 3:09 am

Programs: SK*G, IC RA
Should be no problem.

I just arrived from schengen - with a later outbound schengen flight.

There was a passport control where the guy didn't even ask for a boarding pass. No extra security check. And no problem entering the lounge.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dk_commuter
Should be no problem.

I just arrived from schengen - with a later outbound schengen flight.

There was a passport control where the guy didn't even ask for a boarding pass. No extra security check. And no problem entering the lounge.
Extra security is when re-entering Schengen zone.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:02 am

Programs: BA GOLD - AF Platinium
Is the sport coner in B-pier still open?
(still see it on the map of FRA lounges in LH website)
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Fantastic lounge - probably the nicest SEN lounge in the network! Recently had a 5h connection at FRA and was very pleased with the offering and service, itīs also good to hear LH finally offers complimentary internet access in all its lounges.

Way to go, LH! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.