New SEN lounge FRA B-pier

Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:18 am
Original Poster

New SEN lounge FRA B-pier

I just receive an e-mail that they will open the new SEN lounge at FRA B area on July 5. Have not been to this area since Nov last year so I wonder if it will be on the same place as the previous SEN lounge, or is it moved? Also, any chance that it will be open already July 4 since I will be in the B area then?
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:40 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
According to this post by hch it is a new lounge in B-East where the FCL is in B-West. Presumably it will be close to/above(?) B42.

Please report back if you find anything.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:03 am

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
straight from: http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...nodeid=1802022

""More room to relax: The worlds largest Lufthansa Lounge to be opened.
A new Lufthansa Lounge is awaiting Senators from 5 July 2011 at Frankfurt airport, area B. And this is not just any lounge but the largest Lufthansa Lounge worldwide.

With more than 300 seats this lounge extends over an area of over 1,800 square metres: a lot of room for new, additional services that will help to pass the time before departure much quicker, maybe even quicker than youd like it to pass. There is for example a wellness area where you will be able to relax both body and soul. In ten top class showers you have the opportunity to refresh with beautifully scented beauty products. Even the most persistent tensions will disappear in no time after enjoying a relaxing massage in one of the two treatment rooms. In addition various Spa treatments like facial and body treatments, manicures, pedicures and others complete the wellness program. They are available through our partner Babor for a fee.

Another highlight in our new Senator Lounge is the City Lights bar the perfect meeting point for inspiring conversations and delicious drinks. The barman will be happy to fulfill your wishes from the tried and tested classics to the newest trendy cocktail. The design of the bar was partly decided on by Miles & More members during a vote in the Miles & More forum.

Besides all the new offers and services you will still find our traditional areas. You will be able to enjoy the spare time and the view onto the tarmac in comfortable lounge chairs and stay up-to-date with our selection of daily newspapers and current magazines. Televisions and WIFI are also available. In the bistro area delicious snacks await you or you can prepare for your next business meeting in the work area.

The new Senator lounge will substitute the current lounge in the departure area B-East. Please come and have a look we are looking forward to your visit!""
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by A380*G
I just receive an e-mail that they will open the new SEN lounge at FRA B area on July 5. Have not been to this area since Nov last year so I wonder if it will be on the same place as the previous SEN lounge, or is it moved? Also, any chance that it will be open already July 4 since I will be in the B area then?
I guess they would have stated July 4th if they wanted to open it on the 4th and not the 5th ?
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I guess they would have stated July 4th if they wanted to open it on the 4th and not the 5th ?

I guess you are correct but the OP is hoping that on the 5th there is an official opening but a few days before is already in operation. If it was in Spain or Italy, I would not even count on the 5th, but being Germany is a different story.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:12 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by irish mark
straight from: http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...nodeid=1802022

"The new Senator lounge will substitute the current lounge in the departure area B-East.
So they are closing the existing SEN lounge in B? Perhaps it can be turned into a *G lounge, leaving the new lounge for SENs!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
So they are closing the existing SEN lounge in B? Perhaps it can be turned into a *G lounge, leaving the new lounge for SENs!
This would be fabulous but I think we are only dreaming.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Should we have a FRA B New SEN-DO to celebrate this?

Being a Tuesday might make it difficult...
Old Jun 27, 2011, 6:23 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saviox
This would be fabulous but I think we are only dreaming.
If I understand correctly, the major complaint about allowing *G in the SEN lounge is that it causes overcrowding. A new SEN lounge with seating for 300 passengers would seem to alleviate that problem. That would leave the only justification for such a desire to be pure elitism rather than a practical concern.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by Ari
If I understand correctly, the major complaint about allowing *G in the SEN lounge is that it causes overcrowding. A new SEN lounge with seating for 300 passengers would seem to alleviate that problem. That would leave the only justification for such a desire to be pure elitism rather than a practical concern.
Hi Ari,

I have no problem with *G entering in the SEN lounges, but already now it is difficult to find seats at certain times of the day.
With the new round of status match M&M is doing, this will be even more difficult. Also kindly note that the new members will be SEN, so they would be allowed in this hypothetical "only SEN" lounge.
For me the lounges can even allow blue M&M/*basic, as far as there is enough place for everybody.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 2:40 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saviox
Hi Ari,

I have no problem with *G entering in the SEN lounges, but already now it is difficult to find seats at certain times of the day.
That was my point-- a lounge with 300 seats should be sufficient, even with any new SEN influx, as compared with the current SEN closet in B where it was impossible to find a seat.

The suggestion that was posted in this particular thread that I was responding to was "[p]erhaps [the existing B SEN lounge] can be turned into a *G lounge, leaving the new lounge for SENs!" The new lounge with 300 seats should have enough room for all so there would be little need to limit that particular lounge to SENs only . . . except to give some an "I'm better than you are" feeling.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by Ari
The suggestion that was posted in this particular thread that I was responding to was "[p]erhaps [the existing B SEN lounge] can be turned into a *G lounge, leaving the new lounge for SENs!" The new lounge with 300 seats should have enough room for all so there would be little need to limit that particular lounge to SENs only . . . except to give some an "I'm better than you are" feeling.
In case you haven't noticed it's a running joke in this forum.

But joking aside how do we know a 300-seat lounge will solve the overcrowding problem? Some people have given up going to SEN lounges (in B especially) and going to Business lounges instead. The SEN lounge in A is also overcrowded and some people may come the new B lounge instead.

LH is unusual in providing separate lounges for Business pax and Senators/*G. Why should people who pay to fly on LH C be treated less favourably than *G many of whom don't even fly on LH? And some LH Business lounges are nicer than a few *G lounges I've seen. I don't think there's anything wrong with airlines treating their own status pax more favourably and pax who fly in their premium class for that matter.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:35 am
hch

In case you haven't noticed it's a running joke in this forum.

But joking aside how do we know a 300-seat lounge will solve the overcrowding problem? Some people have given up going to SEN lounges (in B especially) and going to Business lounges instead. The SEN lounge in A is also overcrowded and some people may come the new B lounge instead.
Next year will see the opening of 5 lounge (I guess 2x C, 2x SEN and 1x FCL) in the newly built radix between Pier A and the new Pier A+. I guess that'll help with the A26 lounger overcrowding.

LH is unusual in providing separate lounges for Business pax and Senators/*G. Why should people who pay to fly on LH C be treated less favourably than *G many of whom don't even fly on LH? And some LH Business lounges are nicer than a few *G lounges I've seen. I don't think there's anything wrong with airlines treating their own status pax more favourably and pax who fly in their premium class for that matter.
I never quite got the distinction. E.g. in BOS both the SEN and C side had absolutely the same interior and food. In German outstations the food on the SEN side seems to be a bit better in gernal, but e.g. the Tower Lounge in Frankfurt shows that combined lounges work. Having just one kind of lounges below the FCL would certainly help balance people to wards the closer and/or less crowded lounge.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:52 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Originally Posted by hch
I never quite got the distinction. E.g. in BOS both the SEN and C side had absolutely the same interior and food. In German outstations the food on the SEN side seems to be a bit better in gernal, but e.g. the Tower Lounge in Frankfurt shows that combined lounges work. Having just one kind of lounges below the FCL would certainly help balance people to wards the closer and/or less crowded lounge.
what would distinguish FTL and SEN then???

Personally, I find the tower lounge to be below the level of the JFK SEN lounge, for example.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:17 am
hch

Originally Posted by econprof
what would distinguish FTL and SEN then???
Booking guarantee, premium award, award waitlisting, higher waitlist priority, eVouchers, *G for other airlines and non-LH lounges, and maybe a few new perks.

Originally Posted by econprof
Personally, I find the tower lounge to be below the level of the JFK SEN lounge, for example.
JFK has some of the best lounges of the whole systems in all classes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.