Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SEN lounge FRA B-pier

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by hch
I never quite got the distinction. E.g. in BOS both the SEN and C side had absolutely the same interior and food. In German outstations the food on the SEN side seems to be a bit better in gernal, but e.g. the Tower Lounge in Frankfurt shows that combined lounges work. Having just one kind of lounges below the FCL would certainly help balance people to wards the closer and/or less crowded lounge.
I haven't ventured into the C side there, but the SEN lounge has vastly improved their food offerings in the last year or so. In that aspect it was superior to most German lounges (pecan pie!) and even my one JFK visit (lackluster offerings, but great design and ambiance of course).
As far as domestic goes - SEN have more liquors, C has gummibears.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Sitting in the over crowded B SEN lounge now - really look forward to the new SEN lounge which hopefully will have more space!!
Old Jul 4, 2011, 10:32 pm
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
Hello All,

I'm sitting in the brand-spanking new Senator Lounge by gate B43 at FRA. I first went to the old B-gates lounge to find it closed. I must say, this is a nice improvement over the other Senator lounges I've tried and I'd rate it as the best *Gold lounge I've been to in the Americas/Europe (mainly comparing it to AC, CO, UA, SA, SK and the LHR lounges). It has a great set of amenities including a wide variety of seating areas, relaxation room, the usual food/drinks bar, 'Senator Spa', showers, dedicated bar, luggage lockers, smoking room and free wi/fi.

What I particularly like is the refreshing new aesthetics. I always felt that Senator Lounges had good amenities and great food, but looked like a basement cafeteria in an office building. This lounge is bright, airy, contemporary and feels relaxed.

Despite this being the opening day, there's nothing particularly marking it as such. I did notice a photographer earlier taking shots and there appears to be a special manager walking around making sure everything is functioning satisfactorily.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 5:18 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Some pictures of the new SEN lounge may be found under:

http://presse.lufthansa.com/en/media...o-library.html -> FRA Senator Lounge

Interesting to see FCT/FCL-style chairs and recliners.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jul 5, 2011 at 5:34 am Reason: corrected link
Old Jul 5, 2011, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Some pictures of the new SEN lounge may be found here.

Interesting to see FCT/FCL-style chairs and recliners.
It looks very nice. Perhaps they are getting ready for all the HONs when they ban them from the FCLs if not flying at least C fare class (no D or Z)? Joking... Best Senator lounge there is by the looks of things and a huge improvement over the old B lounge.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 5:35 am
hch

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
It looks very nice. Perhaps they are getting ready for all the HONs when they ban them from the FCLs if not flying at least C fare class (no D or Z)? Joking... Best Senator lounge there is by the looks of things and a huge improvement over the old B lounge.
With free internet and the new lounges (this one, and next years in A) I'm much less scared of dropping down to SEN now indeed. Let's see how much I'll fly through FRA anyway. Now that they've cancelled the morning INN-FRA flight together with the program enhancement they are really asking me to fly from MUC via LHR with BA.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hch
With free internet and the new lounges (this one, and next years in A) I'm much less scared of dropping down to SEN now indeed. Let's see how much I'll fly through FRA anyway. Now that they've cancelled the morning INN-FRA flight together with the program enhancement they are really asking me to fly from MUC via LHR with BA.
Let's see indeed what happens- surely there have been some thinking/studies done on the impacts of the program changes- but for the HONs I know the drop of the D class guarantee and the upping of miles required for upgrades from Z to F will both have a big impact and push to other carriers. In my case BA really isn't a good option however QR and EK are sure super agressive lately including calling on our TA and sending out regular updates via PDF on special fares/etc for business/first/premium fares.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by hch
Provided they keep the SEN lounges for humble Senators. It's a first class lounge for anyone else, so maybe it will be only valid for HON members (on non-F fares). The furniture and paid spa would provide a familiar environment.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:45 am

Had the chance to take some pictures at the new lounge last week:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...17380074962360
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Meilensammler
Had the chance to take some pictures at the new lounge last week:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...17380074962360
Thanks Meilensammier ^

Be aware that by clicking the link there are also many other pictures that are not related with the new Sen lounge.
Probably it is OK because you have them in your Facebook, but I do not know if you want everybody to go through them.

Cheers,
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:33 am

Programs: M&M SEN, FB Platinum (Ivory after 1/4/2010 :-)
I spend yesterday about 3 hours in new SEN lounge. It was quite empty when I arrived around 1500, little bit more busy when I left. I wanted to try their Spa facility to find out it's paid service. And not cheap either. 50EUR/15k miles for 1/2h massage sounds a lot to me. I checked the sleeping rooms also and even they are quite nice and clean, it's more like an open space with couple of beds separated by divider only. Not exactly dark either. Otherwise I quite like it there and it will make my occasional transfer in FRA (I normally prefer MUC or ZRH) little bit better.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 1:00 pm

Does this lounge have free showers too?

Im thinking of going for a run in Frankfurt city during a long layover and want to have a shower after!

(much better than sleeping pill in Y!)
Old Jul 14, 2011, 5:24 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fmpacheco
Does this lounge have free showers too?
Yes, 10 of them according to this announcement.

http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Lounge-News#ancAbT3
Old Jul 17, 2011, 8:32 am
Original Poster

The old SEN lounge will become a MLL lounge (AC). Perhaps this means that they will make the new SEN lounge only available for SEN/HON and remove it from the *G directory? Of course, this is given that the new MLL lounge will be opened from early til late for all other *G pax?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K
video

Visited the new lounge for the first time July 15th. I liked it. Nice Aesthetics. Kinda missed the Pasta bar but loved the free Wifi and the sleeping room. I took a nice 2 hour nap. I was bored so I shot, edited, then uploaded this video from my Iphone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99nKizdrYk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.