Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earning miles on Tripadvisor Germany & India [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2011, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Tripadvisor Miles and More Campaign is over?

Does anyone know if the TA review offer is going to be continued?

The site is still on, but it states that the offer ends on Sept 30.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:58 pm

Good news, the tripadvisor.de-Offer (300 miles per 3 published reviews, max 900 miles per month) has been extended until the end of the year.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sokolov
Good news, the tripadvisor.de-Offer (300 miles per 3 published reviews, max 900 miles per month) has been extended until the end of the year.
Well, I tried to write 9 per month and ended up writing at least 12 - they disappeared from my list after I wrote them (they used to be pending and then gone from my review list) - without telling me that the reviews are not apporved.

Also it took very long before they published the reviews and sometimes I only got 6 reviews published per month even though I wrote 9. So I lost 300 pts just like that and 2 hours of my time .

I wrote to M&M and they said they will forward the matter to TA . I wrote to TA and TA said things go slowly since it's summer. Then I thought it will be better in Sept! Hell no, the last 3 reviews I wrote 'disappeared' again.

Now I'm going to print out the pages to proof that they were once there.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 9:04 am
GWH

Programs: LH SEN
Does anyone know if Tripadvisor.de is still giving miles? The date on the info page is 30 September, but on the review page, it still lets you input your M+M number, as if it is still running.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GWH
Does anyone know if Tripadvisor.de is still giving miles? The date on the info page is 30 September, but on the review page, it still lets you input your M+M number, as if it is still running.
Yes till the end of this year.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Well, I tried to write 9 per month and ended up writing at least 12 - they disappeared from my list after I wrote them (they used to be pending and then gone from my review list) - without telling me that the reviews are not apporved.

Also it took very long before they published the reviews and sometimes I only got 6 reviews published per month even though I wrote 9. So I lost 300 pts just like that and 2 hours of my time .

I wrote to M&M and they said they will forward the matter to TA . I wrote to TA and TA said things go slowly since it's summer. Then I thought it will be better in Sept! Hell no, the last 3 reviews I wrote 'disappeared' again.

Now I'm going to print out the pages to proof that they were once there.
Did you wrote those reviews in German, and with German I mean did you WROTE them in German and not simply wrote them in English/your local language, and translated them with Bablfish/Google Translate into German?

Because, I could think of Tripadvisor really going against those trying to get free miles for very little work, by writting short sentences about some places, then translate them automatically, as they definitely want more german reviews, they already have the automatic translation feature, so they might try to delete non-native German reviews.

I never had problem with them, only 1 review (of a place where I had already given a rate around 2 years ago, and which went quite for the worse in the meantime) needed secondary screening apparently. It posted a few days later, after I confirmed that it was indeed true what I wrote, with the missing miles posting just afterwards. So, Tripadvisor.de definitely still runs their program, and it works fine. The first 600 miles posted within 48 hour of my reviews being accepted, and the last 300 less than that once my 9th review passed the manual check.

Just can't see them actually deleting valid reviews...
Old Nov 12, 2011, 2:17 pm

Hi, is the 100 miles per hotel review on tripadvisor.in still going on? Or just the 300 per 3 reviews on tripadvisor.de? TNX
Old Nov 13, 2011, 2:09 am

Hi, is the 100 miles per hotel review on tripadvisor.in still going on? Or just the 300 per 3 reviews on tripadvisor.de? TNX
Apparently not. I wrote a review on Tripadvisor.in yesterday and Miles&More was no longer in the list when it came to earning miles. Just Kingfisher and one other entry that I can't remember. But no possibility to enter my M&M number.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:45 pm

Good news, the Tripadvisor-Promotion has been extended for another quarter. 300 miles per 3 reviews, max 900 in any month, so 2.700 miles until end of March if you can come up with 27 reviews.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 3:39 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Good news, the Tripadvisor-Promotion has been extended for another quarter. 300 miles per 3 reviews, max 900 in any month, so 2.700 miles until end of March if you can come up with 27 reviews.
Once again thanks, miles & more added the 300 promptly, each time about 2 days after completing 3 reviews.
Maxed 900 for this month so a quick earner IMO.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
I take that you mean tripadvisor.de, right? That made me check tripadvisor.in, and their promo has also been extended until 29 February:

http://www.tripadvisor.in/vpages/lufthansa.html
Old Jan 16, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by josmon10
I take that you mean tripadvisor.de, right? That made me check tripadvisor.in, and their promo has also been extended until 29 February:

http://www.tripadvisor.in/vpages/lufthansa.html
Is there any limit on number of reviews per month ?
Old Jan 20, 2012, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
The German site states very clearly that you can't write 9 German reviews and 9 ta.in reviews per month. Of course you can alternate the max you get is 900 pts a month.
This is not quite true. As you can see below I got 900 from TA Germany and 300 from TA Italy this month:
20/01/2012 TripAdvisor Italy +300
MM for TA Reviews TAI
10/01/2012 TripAdvisor +300
MM for TA Reviews TRI
09/01/2012 TripAdvisor +300
MM for TA Reviews TRI
08/01/2012 TripAdvisor +300
MM for TA Reviews TRI

Haven't tried India yet.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 3:16 am

Programs: LH M&M Blue, TAP Victoria
Regarding the Tripadvisor M&M promotion, did anyone get any miles credited for january yet?

I got about 7+ reviews published on TripAdvisor India (one of the TA that advertizes the promotion) and haven't seen any miles credit on my account yet.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Same here. Six reviews, zero miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.