Wiki Posts
Search

Earning miles on Tripadvisor Germany & India [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2011, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Miles and More Tripadvisor.de

I have been writing reviews in German using Google Translate at TA.de to earn M&M points. Previously I have a TA.com account and I have been writing reviews in English but for 100 M&M points per review I decided to go for the points.

It's interesting that when I use TA.com I can write negative review and I didn't receive any verification e-mail that I have to click on a link. I have to do so with TA.de, and especially when I wrote a negative review of a restaurant I got rejected. Then I wrote another negative review about a hotel and I got rejected again.

In the English version of TA you can really see tons of negative reviews with really negative comments but somehow it doesn't seem to be allowed with TA.de.

Anyone has the same experience?
Old May 8, 2011, 5:42 am

Maybe your negative reviews make you look like an internet troll in the eyes of the person that has to approve them? The badly translated German cannot look good either.

Don't you have any friend that can fix your reviews in German before you post them? There's a similar promotion for the Italian tripadvisor website and I'm not having any problem with them so far.
Old May 8, 2011, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mr. Nacho knows German but he said Google translate is really bad that he doesn't even bother fixing it.

Maybe I should try the italian ones instead, after all they are a bit more passionate.

Can you do both and earn points from both?
Old May 8, 2011, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Wrote 6, didn't get the miles yet and decided that 100 per review just isn't worth the time and effort. 500 for 3 IMHO was worth it.
Old May 8, 2011, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyinDutchman
Wrote 6, didn't get the miles yet and decided that 100 per review just isn't worth the time and effort. 500 for 3 IMHO was worth it.
Did you set up an account at tripadvisor.de? You need to have a specific account from that page.

I got mine but I wrote 6 recently and only 1 got published and 1 rejected.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

M&M tripadvisor.de

I have written my 9 reviews early this month but so far I have only got 4 published. Is it the holiday effect that everything takes ages to process?

It's end of this month soon and if they haven't processed my reviews then all my efforts will be wasted.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: LH Miles&More FTL, AB TopBonus Gold
I wrote a number of reviews, all of them got posted but I never saw any points from tripadvisor.de, even after I wrote them and asked my account get credited.. Oh well..
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mcdade
I wrote a number of reviews, all of them got posted but I never saw any points from tripadvisor.de, even after I wrote them and asked my account get credited.. Oh well..
Did you write to M&M or TA?

The problem is that mine are not posted, and the most annoying thing is that i received 9 confirmations and only 4 being published. The T&C stated that points will only given to reviews that are published.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: LH Miles&More FTL, AB TopBonus Gold
Originally Posted by nacho
Did you write to M&M or TA?

The problem is that mine are not posted, and the most annoying thing is that i received 9 confirmations and only 4 being published. The T&C stated that points will only given to reviews that are published.
I wrote TA, and gave my MM number to make sure they would get credited but nothing ever happened and I lost interest since last year they were giving 500miles for 3 posts, max of 6 posts. Never did quite figure out how they would associate my TA account with the MM one as credits did show up until Jan. of this year.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 6:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by mcdade
I wrote TA, and gave my MM number to make sure they would get credited but nothing ever happened and I lost interest since last year they were giving 500miles for 3 posts, max of 6 posts. Never did quite figure out how they would associate my TA account with the MM one as credits did show up until Jan. of this year.
makes no sense. they won't add it. you have to do it yourself on the tripadvisor website @:-)
Old Jul 27, 2011, 4:49 am

Programs: M&M
wrote 9 reviews, all cleared a few took a while I have to say but I was notified by email that they re under review and finally cleared a couple days later. I experienced TA posting miles very quickly to my account. they post 300 miles once they have 3 reviews confirmed in your account. Usually posts with attached images as proof of knowledge clear faster in my experience.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 3:29 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by nacho
I have written my 9 reviews early this month but so far I have only got 4 published. Is it the holiday effect that everything takes ages to process?

It's end of this month soon and if they haven't processed my reviews then all my efforts will be wasted.
I believe that in order to qualify under the new rules, reviews must be written in German. In fact, I posted 7 reviews in English, all published, but no miles awarded.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So far I got 7 published and 2 unpublished I hope they will get it through by tomorrow because if they don't approve it until August I don't know what's going to happen.

You have to write the reviews in German, it stated very clearly on their T&C.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I simply don't waste my time with it any more, as 300 miles is just not worth all the work of writing reviews that I don't want to write. I wouldn't even bother if English was permitted.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: LH/LO SEN, AF/KLM Platinum (Lite)
I second this. I wrote quite a few last year when the number of the reviews/miles ratio was better. I wrote them all in English and always had them posted and miles credited. Used to write careful, sensible reveiws, but with the new lowered earnings don't bother anymore

Originally Posted by Concerto
I simply don't waste my time with it any more, as 300 miles is just not worth all the work of writing reviews that I don't want to write. I wouldn't even bother if English was permitted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.