Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earning miles on Tripadvisor Germany & India [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Same here... Used to be a nice bonus for making a posting. I could even understand the requirements for the minimum length.

But now, it's just not worth it. If I really like or dislike a hotel/restaurant I still post but don't bother with German or the other requirements.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
100 miles per review is not that bad. You get 125 by flying discounted Y.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: LH/LO SEN, AF/KLM Platinum (Lite)
Originally Posted by nacho
100 miles per review is not that bad. You get 125 by flying discounted Y.
well... yes rolleyes:
Old Aug 1, 2011, 4:26 am

Programs: LH Miles&More FTL, AB TopBonus Gold
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
makes no sense. they won't add it. you have to do it yourself on the tripadvisor website @:-)
I know, but I never added it anywhere, and I can't seem to find where this info would be located. Last year I just wrote a few reviews and the miles just showed up in my MM account.

To be honest I never really looked very hard where this was located, I wonder if they got the info out of a cookie on my browser, since then I don't store cookies and it seemed to stop working.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 3:14 pm

Programs: A3 Gold (*G), M&M FTL (*S)
Originally Posted by jthiel1
The Tripadvisor promotion is now extended until June 2011
http://www.tripadvisor.de/milesandmore

JT
It seems that the tripadvisor.de promotion is extended until September 30th

Additional to that, tripadvisor.in added to the normal earning for reviews a chance to win 10,000 miles for 3 reviews http://www.tripadvisor.in/vpages/lufthansa.html

Last edited by Chese; Aug 3, 2011 at 3:22 pm Reason: adding .in information
Old Aug 30, 2011, 1:55 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by Chese
Additional to that, tripadvisor.in added to the normal earning for reviews a chance to win 10,000 miles for 3 reviews http://www.tripadvisor.in/vpages/lufthansa.html
Does anyone know how long it takes for those 100 miles per review on tripadvisor.in to post? The first five I submitted, about one week ago, were up on their website 24 hours later, but I have yet to receive any miles.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:59 am

Programs: M&M Sen, FB Silver
Originally Posted by josmon10
Does anyone know how long it takes for those 100 miles per review on tripadvisor.in to post? The first five I submitted, about one week ago, were up on their website 24 hours later, but I have yet to receive any miles.
Each time I submitted a review, it took several weeks before I received the miles. Be patient
Old Sep 9, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by lepervier
Each time I submitted a review, it took several weeks before I received the miles. Be patient
19 days in my case Thank you for your reply, lepervier. I can now proceed to submit a few more reviews. Too bad they only give away miles for hotels; no restaurants or tourist spots, etc.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:40 pm

19 days in my case Thank you for your reply, lepervier. I can now proceed to submit a few more reviews. Too bad they only give away miles for hotels; no restaurants or tourist spots, etc.
On tripadvisor.de every Posting, including for Restaurants, Counts for Miles...
Old Sep 22, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: d| M&M-Sen| SPG-Gold| PC-Gold| Hyatt-Plat
TripAdvisor Insighters Panel - 1000 miles for 50

Received yesterday...

Sammeln Sie 1000 Miles & More Prämienmeilen mit TripAdvisor*
TripAdvisor sucht 50 Reisende zur Teilnahme an zwei Online-Umfragen.
Ihr Preis: 1000 Miles & More Prämienmeilen. Sie sagen uns Ihre Meinung. Wir füllen Ihr Miles & More-Meilenkonto.
Die Zeit läuft - dieses Angebot richtet sich an die ersten 50 Teilnehmer!

Link provided: http://tripadvisor.cvent.com/Surveys...4-f75d5b3cbc32

* Es gelten die allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen

I don't read/write German so hopefully some of you can make better use of this.

Best wishes
Old Sep 23, 2011, 7:32 am

Programs: Most of them...
Originally Posted by LOOK-See
Received yesterday...

Sammeln Sie 1000 Miles & More Prämienmeilen mit TripAdvisor*
TripAdvisor sucht 50 Reisende zur Teilnahme an zwei Online-Umfragen.
Ihr Preis: 1000 Miles & More Prämienmeilen. Sie sagen uns Ihre Meinung. Wir füllen Ihr Miles & More-Meilenkonto.
Die Zeit läuft - dieses Angebot richtet sich an die ersten 50 Teilnehmer!

Link provided: http://tripadvisor.cvent.com/Surveys...4-f75d5b3cbc32

* Es gelten die allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen

I don't read/write German so hopefully some of you can make better use of this.

Best wishes
It promises the miles to the first 50 participants only. This could be just a white lie to attract more respondents, but it could also mean that you'll waste some time and get no miles because "the quota has been filled". Indeed when I visited the link yesterday, it did not ask me for my M&M number when filling in my details at the beginning. I never found out if they would have asked for it in the end because upon learning my current country of residence they thanked me saying something about the requirement for that country being met at this time.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
You would receive the following before wasting any more time:

Leider ist die Gruppe, für die Sie sich qualifizieren im Moment bereits vollständig. Vielen Dank für Ihre Zeit und Ihr Interesse an TripAdvisor Insighters.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Bronze
tripadvisor miles

If you post a review for one hotel on tripadvisor.in and get the 100 miles, can you post the same review on tripadvisor.de and get another 100 miles? Thanks.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: BAEC, MM, HH, MB
Hi.

Originally Posted by go_around
If you post a review for one hotel on tripadvisor.in and get the 100 miles, can you post the same review on tripadvisor.de and get another 100 miles? Thanks.
AFAIK is german language mandatory on tripadvisor.de to get the miles.

S.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by go_around
AFAIK No - somehow TA links the accounts together. I wrote 2 on TA.in and is registered at TA.de - not that it'd matter because it has been more than 6 weeks I wrote the review and still at pending stage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.