Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bodiddely
Just wondering if they actually enforce this restriction? Pretty annoying if so!
I'm not sure which restriction you mean?

The one that you are not allowed to sell it to your friend?

The one that you will have to book it?

The one that the miles will be deducted from your account?

I don't see any real restriction in the T&C you are quoting.
Old May 12, 2016, 11:20 am

The fact that you must book it "in person."
Old May 12, 2016, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by bodiddely
The fact that you must book it "in person."
It means that you cannot sell your account details. No need to go anywhere in person to book it, if that's what you're thinking.
Old May 12, 2016, 11:34 am

Ah, I see. All that means is that you have to call yourself to book the award - or to book it yourself online if all legs are on M&M integrated airlines.
Old May 12, 2016, 12:02 pm

That's a relief - thank you both.
Old May 31, 2016, 5:18 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
2444$ taxes.
ouch
Old May 31, 2016, 5:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
For four pax. Two months ago it was about 2100$, I waited too long, now the FX kicks in. Its about 486€/person. The same ticket is available in P and costs 2100€ all incl./adult.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
For four pax. Two months ago it was about 2100$, I waited too long, now the FX kicks in. Its about 486€/person. The same ticket is available in P and costs 2100€ all incl./adult.
I'm fully aware of how the "taxes" work. It's just the economy of numbers that makes you realise even more what a fraud that is...
Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, M&M
Has anyone had experience booking business class award tickets for two adult and a 18 month old child using miles-and-more.
We would like to travel to Canada from Germany with the most direct flight and would like to have a "completely free" (taxes paid by miles as well) flights. Was wondering if anyone has had experience booking for a child under 2 with miles-and-more.

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by mashlakito
Has anyone had experience booking business class award tickets for two adult and a 18 month old child using miles-and-more.
Yes. You have to decide whether you want a dedicated seat for your child or not. Either way, you will have to call to book an INF (no seat) or CHILD (with a seat at 75% of the miles required) ticket.

We would like to travel to Canada from Germany with the most direct flight and would like to have a "completely free" (taxes paid by miles as well) flights.
There ist no "completely free" option with Miles & More. You will be hit with taxes and (hefty) YQ.

The most direct way would be a direct flight on LH. LH availability can be checked online once logged into your M&M account.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:12 pm

Thank you for your answer goliath.

Originally Posted by goliath
There ist no "completely free" option with Miles & More. You will be hit with taxes and (hefty) YQ.
By "completely free", I meant that we would like to pay the taxes and fees using miles. I was under the impression that this was an option available? or am I mistaken?

Unfortunately, it seems that LH does not service Calgary, the city we would like to head to, directly as it always shows that there are not flights between Frankfurt and Calgary. I believe that this done via Air Canada.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:17 pm

By "completely free", I meant that we would like to pay the taxes and fees using miles. I was under the impression that this was an option available? or am I mistaken?
Nope, not on longhaul flights. See: Link:

These award options are available to you on award flights within Europe operated by Lufthansa and selected Miles & More airline partners.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:17 pm

Only for intra-european flights, I'm afraid.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
Nope, not on longhaul flights. See: Link:
Originally Posted by klausa
Only for intra-european flights, I'm afraid.
Oh.

For some reason, I totally misunderstood that link. I thought that one can pay for both European and International fees and taxes with miles, but after September the fees for European fees and taxes will drop to 15,000 miles.

Ah, the tired brain how it wants to think what's good for it.

Well, in any case thank you both for clarifying this situation.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 2:33 am

Oh.

For some reason, I totally misunderstood that link. I thought that one can pay for both European and International fees and taxes with miles, but after September the fees for European fees and taxes will drop to 15,000 miles.

Ah, the tired brain how it wants to think what's good for it.

Well, in any case thank you both for clarifying this situation.
The number of miles they charge in lieu of the YQ is too high for this to be a good-value proposition for the customer, even if it was available on long-haul flight awards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.