Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2015, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lx343
ZRH - MUC - FRA - HND possible? MUC for transfer only to enjoy the F class lounge.
Regards,
lx343
Why bother with MUC? It's not a very F friendly hub.
Why not just fly ZRH-FRA and get the full LH F ground treatment?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lx343
ZRH - MUC - FRA - HND possible?
Yes, assuming you would not want to have a stopover (>24h) in either MUC or FRA.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:45 pm

Spend miles

I have 55k miles and I need to spend them before the end of the month, as some of them expire.

I am looking for good suggestions on how to the most value out of them. Any suggestions?

OSL is my closest airport.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by geeewizzz
I have 55k miles and I need to spend them before the end of the month, as some of them expire.

I am looking for good suggestions on how to the most value out of them. Any suggestions?

OSL is my closest airport.
Obviously a mileage bargain. From OSL for 55k you can get nice round trips in J to BOS, ORD, DFW, DEL, YUL, BOM, JFK, or EWR. Travel between January and February. Shopping spree in New York after Christmas doesn't sound like a bad idea!
Old Sep 21, 2015, 8:03 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Could someone please provide feedback on these questions:

1) For Europe-Australia-Europe award (assuming that it is a 3-region award), how many transfers and stopovers are allowed in total?

2) Is such routing valid for 185000 miles in C "Europe-South East Asia-Australia//stopover//Australia-Far East-Europe"? Or does the connecting point - South East Asia or Far East - have to be the same for both outbound and inbound flights?

Thanks you!
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I just booked online two award tickets exactly at my desired dates in first class on the 748i for the following sectors:

FRA-HND-FRA OCT 2015
FRA-HKG-FRA NOV 2015

My boss was so happy that I saved him tons of money for not buying revenue tickets for these four day trips.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:54 am

1) 2 stopover, 4 segments each way.
2) You should be able to connect in different regions on the way.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:55 am

1) 4 legs, 2 stopovers (one in each direction) in addition to your destination. No stopovers in the region you are starting in (i.e. Europe).

2) (City in) Australia would be considered your destination, not a stopover. You can transfer through (and stopover in) different regions on your outbound and inbound.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 12:41 pm

Thank you, goliath and Lack!
Old Sep 21, 2015, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Really? You can do a redemption to Australia and back without getting into the multi-region conundrum? I thought the multi-region paradox was impossible to get out of on certain super long haul destinations.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 12:49 pm

Europe to Australia is already priced and considered a 3+ region award so there's no conundrum :-).
Old Sep 21, 2015, 1:28 pm

Sorry for bringing this up again....Just called Miles and More to make the booking and was told that for Europe-Australia-Europe, it is possible to have maximum 6 segments/flights per roundtrip, with a maximum of 3 segments per direction.... Is this the new rule or should I use "hang up and call again" rule?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Lack
1) 2 stopover, 4 segments each way.
2) You should be able to connect in different regions on the way.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 1:38 pm

I'd try another agent.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by olm022
Sorry for bringing this up again....Just called Miles and More to make the booking and was told that for Europe-Australia-Europe, it is possible to have maximum 6 segments/flights per roundtrip, with a maximum of 3 segments per direction.... Is this the new rule or should I use "hang up and call again" rule?

Thanks!
Tell them you want to book a 3 region award - not Europe to Australia. That allows you 4 flights in each direction.
But if you transfer in different regions in each direction, that might be treated as 2 one-ways - which is same number of points, but does not allow any stopovers (> 24 hours)
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by 2035
Tell them you want to book a 3 region award - not Europe to Australia. That allows you 4 flights in each direction.
But if you transfer in different regions in each direction, that might be treated as 2 one-ways - which is same number of points, but does not allow any stopovers (> 24 hours)
Incorrect. You can touch different regions on the outbound and inbound on 3+ region awards (hence the "+" in the name).

Source: I booked this many times myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.