Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2014, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by maxmin
One funny thing I noticed is that if I search on the UA site for a J RT ticket, it can show $700 one moment and $1200+ a few minutes later. Whereas any other booking site it's consistently $1200+.
If you are talking about FRA-ARN and only want a one way, LH.com is your friend since they will let you mix classes and specify class on each leg.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 4:14 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can cancel checkin for the last leg at the FCT and ask to be driven to the ARN flight, no issues. Things change. No one will give you a tough time for the separate booking.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 7:48 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Deleted (found the answer in another thread).

Last edited by LM225; Dec 30, 2014 at 12:13 pm
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:43 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
So availability for 2x reward tickets in F shows up on M&M website. I call in and they say they can't book the ticket in F, only in Y or J? I could get around it and just book IAH --> FRA --> LHR via the website, but unfortunately there's a United flight that I need from SAN --> IAH.

Anybody ran into something like this before? This is calling the Australian service center since US is closed right now.

Based on this, I should call the German number?

"How can I book award travel on the LH A380 in First Class?
First awards on the A380 are reserved only for SEN & HON status members. You will need to call M&M for these, anecdotal evidence indicates it's easier if you call the German numbers."

Thanks
Old Dec 30, 2014, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chongl
So availability for 2x reward tickets in F shows up on M&M website. I call in and they say they can't book the ticket in F, only in Y or J? I could get around it and just book IAH --> FRA --> LHR via the website, but unfortunately there's a United flight that I need from SAN --> IAH.
Anybody ran into something like this before?

This is calling the Australian service center since US is closed right now.
Based on this, I should call the German number?
"How can I book award travel on the LH A380 in First Class?
First awards on the A380 are reserved only for SEN & HON status members. You will need to call M&M for these, anecdotal evidence indicates it's easier if you call the German numbers."
Thanks
My first recommendation is to ignore the Australian service center since they are apparently clueless. Although you need HON/SEN status to book LX First, you do not need any LH status to book LH First even on the A380.

If LH can't see UA connecting availability, my suggestion would be to book IAH-FRA-LHR now to lock it in and then try to add SAN-IAH later if/when UA opens award seats, or more likely, just buy a separate ticket.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO777
My first recommendation is to ignore the Australian service center since they are apparently clueless. Although you need HON/SEN status to book LX First, you do not need any LH status to book LH First even on the A380.

If LH can't see UA connecting availability, my suggestion would be to book IAH-FRA-LHR now to lock it in and then try to add SAN-IAH later if/when UA opens award seats, or more likely, just buy a separate ticket.
Thank you again, SFO777. The part about A380 being reserved for SEN and HON was on one of the first posts, not from the call center. However, I will still take your words of wisdom and move along. I'll try the German center when they open in a little bit and see if I have better luck. If not, I'll lock in those segments or maybe try to see if there's an option through ORD.

Normally I wouldn't be in such a rush, but I'm trying to get the YQ credited as part of the $300 credit on the Ritz-Carlton card for this calendar year
Old Dec 31, 2014, 12:25 am

Programs: VS Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can cancel checkin for the last leg at the FCT and ask to be driven to the ARN flight, no issues. Things change. No one will give you a tough time for the separate booking.
Thanks oliver2002... so even though my ARN will be in Y, you think I can hang out in the FCT for a while and enjoy the ride to the plane ?

Per SFO777, do you think the LH system will figure out I'm booked on conflicting flights and cancel one of them? That happened to me on AA once. I can book that ARN flight without logging in I guess and I could be a different maxmin
Old Dec 31, 2014, 12:26 am

If you are talking about FRA-ARN and only want a one way, LH.com is your friend since they will let you mix classes and specify class on each leg.
Thanks, that was a great tip indeed! Trying to justify the J leg to ARN to myself. I think I'll be OK in Y, coming from a spell in the lovely FCT, I'll be well fed and ready for a snooze, after all.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 12:28 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Normally I wouldn't be in such a rush, but I'm trying to get the YQ credited as part of the $300 credit on the Ritz-Carlton card for this calendar year
If you book through the phone it can take a while until the ticket gets issued. On the website the ticketing is usually immediately.

For some reason you get different award availability depending on the callcenter you call. I always thought they are supposed to change the "position of sale", but apparently they won't do it for awards, only for paid tickets.

HTB.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 12:31 am

Hey there, per my recent experiences, LH won't let you change the routing once they've issued the ticket. They will require you to cancel and rebook, which risks losing the F segments (although they did offer to first check for additional F availability... as we know that's quite hard to come by).

Buying the separate ticket sounds like a plan.

Last edited by maxmin; Dec 31, 2014 at 12:31 am Reason: typorama
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:29 am

Thanks again guys...I ended up booking online and will get the SAN to IAH leg separately. However the system just used the name in my profile so I could not add a middle name to match my passport. I called in and LH said they couldn't modify it without cancelling and rebooking, and there was no more F availability. So they said they "noted" it instead.

I did go onto M&M and add in my passport information. From what I've read, I shouldn't have any issues? Anyone have experiences with omitting a middle name?

Thanks!
Old Dec 31, 2014, 12:50 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by maxmin
Thanks oliver2002... so even though my ARN will be in Y, you think I can hang out in the FCT for a while and enjoy the ride to the plane ?

Per SFO777, do you think the LH system will figure out I'm booked on conflicting flights and cancel one of them? That happened to me on AA once. I can book that ARN flight without logging in I guess and I could be a different maxmin
LH dupe check system may detect you, but send a message to the issuing office to resolve the discrepancy. In FRA just ask anyone to take you off the LHR flight so they don't wait for you, you can use the FCT that day by virtue of arriving in LH F, as long as your next flight to ARN is on LH and not SK.@:-)

Thanks again guys...I ended up booking online and will get the SAN to IAH leg separately. However the system just used the name in my profile so I could not add a middle name to match my passport. I called in and LH said they couldn't modify it without cancelling and rebooking, and there was no more F availability. So they said they "noted" it instead.

I did go onto M&M and add in my passport information. From what I've read, I shouldn't have any issues? Anyone have experiences with omitting a middle name?

Thanks!
A missing middle name is fine for the PNR, as long as your passport details are entered correctly (with the middle name). I do that for all my LH bookings.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 4:02 pm

I booked a flight using Miles & More from FRA-IAD-SFO (Lufthansa & United). Layover in IAD is 3 hours. I already paid the miles for FRA-IAD in F class and IAD-SFO in Y Class. If I find availability in C class for IAD-SFO for the same exact flight, can I make that change without additional charges? Because I made that change and saw a second charge.

I saw a second charge on my credit card even though I had confirmed with multiple agents on the phone that I would not be charged as long it was for the same exact flight. And the second charge amount was not even the rebooking fee, but it was the same fuel surcharge and tax amount (that I paid after first booking). Does this sound right?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: M&M SEN
Tried to book VIE-DXB-VIE-LNZ in business, outbound Mon, March 30, inbound Sat April 4 (Easter week). As was ro be expected no regular award flights open, so tried to use SEN booking request.

2 calls to German SEN line: 'no SEN request possible on OS, only SN, LH.'
Called OS SEN line and was put into the SEN request line ('this will take a few hours to get response'). On all flights Z and above was available.

After 5 days of waitlisting, i got a call from the LH SEN line telling me I had to be taken off waitlist and award was possible.

(On a side note, they could not book the train segment VIE-LNZ as an award at all)

Booked paid cheapo flights in Y now...
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
I wanted to book JFK-NRT-SIN-BKK in F, which I thought was 105k according to the US-> SE Asia region award.

But the agent said that because I "touch" Japan, that is a third region, and it would be a three region award for 145k. Is that correct? Note that NRT is a connection and not a stopover.

It seems strange if that is the rule since there is really no way to get JFK-BKK without touching a third region.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.