Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First class retrofit info

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
D-AIHO just arrived in MLA to get it's new F plus IL-Check, look forward to it going back on the flightline in September.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:42 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hamallu
D-AIHO just arrived in MLA to get it's new F plus IL-Check, look forward to it going back on the flightline in September.
Thanks for the update. ^ That'll be the second A346 to be upgraded.

Any news on the next 747 to be retrofitted?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 2:23 pm

good news for FRA!...but do you know anything about MUC based fleet...is it true that they might start in OCT?...thanks
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
Yay! Let's hope they get more A340's in for retrofits this fall/winter.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:01 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by divjan
good news for FRA!...but do you know anything about MUC based fleet...is it true that they might start in OCT?...thanks
Isn't D-AIHO MUC based?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by johndeere19
Isn't D-AIHO MUC based?
sorry didnt notice that...well good for MUC
Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:25 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, M&M LT SEN, AZ Plat, WoH LT Glob, HH Diam
D-ABVL should be the next B-747 refitted. The plane left FRA this morning and should land in HAM in few minutes.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:49 am

Programs: M&M , HHONORS Diamond
The IL Check needs around 2 weeks. Therefore I would estimate the plane to be back at the end of August.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 3:11 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by divjan
Originally Posted by johndeere19
Isn't D-AIHO MUC based?
sorry didnt notice that...well good for MUC
I'm not 100% certain but wasn't one of the converted A34x's used to be MUC-based and ended up in FRA after the retrofit?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 5:06 am

Programs: LH, AF, IB, JJ, AT
Originally Posted by Glenlivet
D-ABVL should be the next B-747 refitted. The plane left FRA this morning and should land in HAM in few minutes.
Can anybody confirm that the upfrade of F and Y cabin is done silmoustanely in HAM?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by dschnitz
The IL Check needs around 2 weeks. Therefore I would estimate the plane to be back at the end of August.
I'm a pretty accurate source is all I can say...

We've discussed this in great depths regarding maintenance check times throughout this thread so if you'd like to argue an IL-Check for an A340 only takes 2 weeks then you're more than welcome to.

SR Technics can just perform an IL-Check on the A32S family in 2 weeks and that's for a bare minimum check with nil findings calculated within the package.
http://www.srtechnics.com/cms/index.asp?TopicID=595

So you can appreciate the times and manhours involved for an aircraft that's roughly three times the size of an A32S!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by robffm
Can anybody confirm that the upfrade of F and Y cabin is done silmoustanely in HAM?
Yes, F, Y and FlyNet is done simultaneously, although FlyNet is not activated due to STC issues.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:16 am

Yes, F, Y and FlyNet is done simultaneously, although FlyNet is not activated due to STC issues.
So there are now six 747s (D-ABVC, D-ABVH, D-ABVN, D-ABVP, D-ABVO, D-ABVR) with PTV in Y? That's good news for some.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:23 am

Programs: M&M , HHONORS Diamond
I'm a pretty accurate source is all I can say...

We've discussed this in great depths regarding maintenance check times throughout this thread so if you'd like to argue an IL-Check for an A340 only takes 2 weeks then you're more than welcome to.

So you can appreciate the times and manhours involved for an aircraft that's roughly three times the size of an A32S!
I am not an expert on this topic, just looked for info on the web, whereby I found the LH stating that it does take 2 weeks.

http://erlebnis-wissen.lufthansa.com...dien/2202M.pdf

Nevertheless I have basically no clue, therefore you might be right.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: LH, AF, IB, JJ, AT
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
So there are now six 747s (D-ABVC, D-ABVH, D-ABVN, D-ABVP, D-ABVO, D-ABVR) with PTV in Y? That's good news for some.
Make it seven: D-ABVK is the very first LH 747 with PTV in Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.