Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First class retrofit info

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: SK Diamond
Originally Posted by Dag
Flew with new first last week on 744 "Bremen", and I must say it beats most out there. I find it better than both pods and suites, and together with LH ground products in FRA&MUC, it is a killer combo.
I will write a trip report with lots of pictures, and I might post it here as well.
I might combine a NH+LH(old&new)+LX+TG in F with LH, LX, TG, SQ and QR in C and write a long one when I find the time.
Please do! That would be an extraordinary report!
Old Jul 27, 2011, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
confused about the 747 retrofit

i am a bit confused about the 747 F retrofit. i am looking at some flights and the seat map shows 8 seats in F. does that mean its the new seat + bed? i think i read somewhere that they are giving everybody 2 seats on the older versions. that would not be as much fun.

i really want to try the new F, but am not seeing any availability out of JFK. I see some availability out of DEN, and i am thinking of doing NYC-DEN-FRA.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 7:18 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by ekartash
i am a bit confused about the 747 F retrofit. i am looking at some flights and the seat map shows 8 seats in F. does that mean its the new seat + bed? i think i read somewhere that they are giving everybody 2 seats on the older versions. that would not be as much fun.

i really want to try the new F, but am not seeing any availability out of JFK. I see some availability out of DEN, and i am thinking of doing NYC-DEN-FRA.
In all cases the seat map will show 8 seats in F for LH 744s. You will not know until you know the registration of the aircraft you are flying on if you will have new or old F. They are not dedicated to specific routes.

Brian
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:49 am

A346

Just wondering since it is currently summer 2011 and reading the information posted when would one expect the next A346 to go in for new first, just hoping to increase ones chances to 20% of getting new first to ICN.
Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2011, 7:48 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
ekartash

Be aware that even with the old version, the extra seat is made up into a bed if you don't intend to use it to sit next to the window. Either unused seat can be made into a bed throughout the flight, it's up to you.

I'm puzzled about your coment about lack of F availability out of JFK, forcing you to route yourself NYC-DEN-FRA

Are you talking aout free award seats (understandable). But if you are referring to paid F that would be newsworthy
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
ekartash

Be aware that even with the old version, the extra seat is made up into a bed if you don't intend to use it to sit next to the window. Either unused seat can be made into a bed throughout the flight, it's up to you.

I'm puzzled about your coment about lack of F availability out of JFK, forcing you to route yourself NYC-DEN-FRA

Are you talking aout free award seats (understandable). But if you are referring to paid F that would be newsworthy
thanks. i am talking about an award, using CO miles
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:14 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by ekartash
thanks. i am talking about an award, using CO miles
OK, I made the choice and went out of Boston. Worked great.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by babs
Just wondering since it is currently summer 2011 and reading the information posted when would one expect the next A346 to go in for new first, just hoping to increase ones chances to 20% of getting new first to ICN.
Thanks
I too will be on a A346 from ICN-FRA and FRA-EWr next April so hoping by then there will be a few of the new F birds flying around.

I did read somehwere that they were expecting to have around 10 done over Winter 2011/12.

The one new A346 is FRA based so you never know...
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:12 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Chesty
I too will be on a A346 from ICN-FRA and FRA-EWr next April so hoping by then there will be a few of the new F birds flying around.

I did read somehwere that they were expecting to have around 10 done over Winter 2011/12.

The one new A346 is FRA based so you never know...
One more A346 to be retrofitted during the summer of 2011. Ten 747s to be retrofitted during 2011.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16760136-post731.html
Old Jul 29, 2011, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
One more A346 to be retrofitted during the summer of 2011. Ten 747s to be retrofitted during 2011.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16760136-post731.html
I guess that is the information I was after in my original post as it is summer 2011 when would Lufthansa be planning on putting the next a346 for refit?
Old Jul 30, 2011, 3:21 am

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
I too am flying FRA - ICN, but in September 2011. I was hoping to get new F, but it looks like it will be old F class.

Cheers,

Timo
Old Jul 30, 2011, 7:04 am

Am flying on the 12 of August 2011 FRA - ICN in First. When do I know whether it will be the new first class? Where can I look it up? Please help.
Thank you
Old Jul 30, 2011, 7:24 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
D-ABVO is ready, D-ABVR is next.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 7:35 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hamallu
D-ABVO is ready, D-ABVR is next.
Great! I've updated my list.

747 : 17.2% chance
5 retrofitted so far: D-ABVC, D-ABVH, D-ABVN, D-ABVP, D-ABVO
D-ABVR currently being retrofitted.
10 to be retrofitted in 2011, out of 23 planned. 7 will not be retrofitted.

A346 : 10% chance ex-FRA (0% chance ex-MUC)
1 retrofitted so far: D-AIHT, out of 1 planned for 2010/11. 1 more planned during summer 2011.

A343 : 10% chance ex-FRA (0% chance ex-MUC)
1 retrofitted so far: D-AIFD, out of 1 planned for 2010/11.

Click on the registration to check which routes these birds have flown recently (although as you will see the information may not be 100% accurate).

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jul 30, 2011 at 11:15 am Reason: waved a magic wand
Old Jul 30, 2011, 10:47 am

Programs: M&M , HHONORS Diamond
Thank you for the Update.

Correct me if I am wrong. When looking at the routes flown with the new F, it seems that routes which start earliest mid-day in Fra are prefered. ( DEN, ORD, BOS) or of course the asian cities.

Furthermore LH 456 to LAX which starts at 10 am was not considered during the whole last month. LH 450 which starts at 2 was considerd a couple of times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.