Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First class retrofit info

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2011, 5:15 pm

Are there plans to use the upgraded bedding on the A340s? I haven't heard of any plans. I know it's not the same as having a seat and a bed. But I don't see why LH couldn't use the upgraded bedding on the 340 seat when someone's ready to go to sleep. Especially out of MUC where it seems that there will be no upgrades to F on the 340s any time soon.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 5:33 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Why no new F to SGN?

Based on data from flight24.com LH772/773 FRA-BKK-SGN seems like the only 747 route not to get any retrofitted 747 during the last two weeks.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 5:04 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Is there anyway to find out if a flight will be operated by a retrofitted 744 in advance?

Girlfriend is flying to KUL tomorrow/today (23AUG) and I can either book FRA-KUL LH782 (seemed to do best after HKG according to the stats someone posted) or ZRH-BKK LX F and BKK-KUL TG C?

I would choose LX F over LH F unless LH has the newer F product!

Last edited by pogonation; Aug 22, 2011 at 5:31 pm
Old Aug 23, 2011, 1:34 am

Programs: M&M , HHONORS Diamond
Originally Posted by pogonation
Is there anyway to find out if a flight will be operated by a retrofitted 744 in advance?

Girlfriend is flying to KUL tomorrow/today (23AUG) and I can either book FRA-KUL LH782 (seemed to do best after HKG according to the stats someone posted) or ZRH-BKK LX F and BKK-KUL TG C?

I would choose LH F over LX F if its the 744 over the 340. You will always get 2 seats on the 744 on LH, therefore one will be equipped to a bed and the other stay as a seat, which makes the flight real comfortable. Further is the chance to get the refurbished F with a fixed bed.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 1:52 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by dschnitz
I would choose LH F over LX F if its the 744 over the 340. You will always get 2 seats on the 744 on LH, therefore one will be equipped to a bed and the other stay as a seat, which makes the flight real comfortable.
Yes, and a bit more privacy, as nobody sits directly next to you - I was glad I didn't have to sit next to the guy across the aisle this morning if this was the old F with 16 usable seats!

In fact, with regard to the seat configured as a bed, earlier the FAs would not make them up until after meal service, but now (violating their "safety statutes") the 8 window seats are already flat, with the mattresses secured and the blanket and the (single) pillow on the window seats - a nice touch, as then the "bed" (mattress) is more secure on the seat, instead of having to try to do it in mid-air.

The seats still do not go 180 degrees flat, but it is bearable. Jet's C/F seats still blow away these in comfort levels - waiting to experience the new F...
Old Aug 23, 2011, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by dschnitz
I would choose LH F over LX F if its the 744 over the 340. You will always get 2 seats on the 744 on LH, therefore one will be equipped to a bed and the other stay as a seat, which makes the flight real comfortable. Further is the chance to get the refurbished F with a fixed bed.
I just don't think LH F provides the same level of comfort and service as LX F. Tried both on numerous occasions. Having said that, I think LH would be much better if it had the new product.

So there is no way of telling on the day what aircraft you will have? It's simply a case of only being able to find out when you actually board the plane?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 3:13 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

I just don't think LH F provides the same level of comfort and service as LX F. Tried both on numerous occasions. Having said that, I think LH would be much better if it had the new product.
It's a matter of opinion. I happen to prefer the old LH F to the old LX F.

So there is no way of telling on the day what aircraft you will have? It's simply a case of only being able to find out when you actually board the plane?
There is someone with this info (~a week ahead) who used to post here but he only seems to post on VFT now.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 3:49 am

Programs: LH HON+

sorry didnt see this. FRA-BKK today is old F although new planes will fly there a lot over the next few days/weeks.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Oli20
sorry didnt see this. FRA-BKK today is old F although new planes will fly there a lot over the next few days/weeks.
Talk of the devil... ^
Old Aug 23, 2011, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Talk of the devil... ^
haha yes, the little voice in my head told me I was missed
Old Aug 23, 2011, 5:24 am

Cheers Oli you're a :-:
Is there any chance you could look at today's flight to SIN for me as well? You would be doing me a huge favour!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 5:31 am

Cheers Oli you're a :-:
Is there any chance you could look at today's flight to SIN for me as well? You would be doing me a huge favour!
different route, same F
Old Aug 23, 2011, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I'll try my luck then.
Last time I missed new F by one day.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster
I'll try my luck then.
Last time I missed new F by one day.
you could try 29th of August
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:04 am

you could try 29th of August
how about BKK-FRA, september 1st!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.