Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Connecting between terminals, tunnels, etc. at LAX" [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Connecting between terminals, tunnels, etc. at LAX" [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should be fine. In case you'r not familiar, once you exit T7 at UA you can either walk (grab a cart for your bags) over to Tom Bradely International or take the airline connection bus (Bus "A").

I personally enjoy the walk and consider it very easy. You just follow the sidewalk along T7, T6, T5 T4 and thereafter will be at the Intl. Terminal.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a bit of a follow-up, LAX is shaped like a giant horseshoe pointing down. Traffic flows one-way, entering at the lower-right "prong" of the horseshoe, and exiting at the lower-left "prong." United's terminal is at the lower left. Bradley International is at the top of the upside down horseshoe. If you take one of the free airport shuttles, you'll exit the horseshoe at the lower left, swing around, re-enter the lower right and ride past all the terminal on the right-hand arm of the horse shoe. You will, in essence, be making a full circuit of the horse shoe. Though it's a bit of a walk, you can easily walk up the left arm of the horse shoe to get to Bradley International directly. I'm betting that whether you take the shuttle or walk, it will take about the same time -- if the airport is busy, the shuttle can take even longer.

Regardless, you should have plenty of time to make your connection.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:48 am

Programs: UA Silver, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond
Just in case your more of a visual learner, you can find the map from LAWA here:
http://lawa.org/lax/terminalMap.cfm

I second what PTravel said; the airport return that the shuttle has to take to get from T7 back to T1 can be jammed at peak hours.

IME, if you decide to walk, it would be easier to walk on the upper (departure/ticketing) level, because there are fewer people clogging the walkway at most places, although it may get sticky around curbside check-ins. Also lets you get a bit of sun

If you take the bus, you will have to go the arrivals (baggage claim) level, (and repeating cesco.g) get out and get on the island with the sign overhead for LAX Shuttle A, Airline Connections.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 4:39 pm

ItalyBAGold, I would definitely walk the distance.

Welcome to Los Angeles, albeit just for your LAX connection.
Old Mar 17, 2007, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Plenty of time, and do the walk. It's probably faster than taking the bus.
Old Mar 17, 2007, 6:13 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
If you have any Checked Baggage try to ensure UA Tag it through to your final destination by showing your onward flight documents. This will avoid the TBIT/TSA Baggage Farce [Arguably the Worst in the World]. If connecting in LHR remember the small Carry-on regulations.
Old Mar 17, 2007, 8:31 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, AA Plat Pro, F9 Elite 100k
LAX concourses and security?

I know you can get from concourse 6 to 8 without going through security at LAX, but how far can you really go without going through security?

Looking at the following link, it looks as if at least concourses 4-8 are all connected, so can I get to Delta if I get off of a United flight without going through security again? Like I said, I know you can do this for Continental from United.

Thanks for any help!

Cameron
Old Mar 17, 2007, 9:23 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, AA Plat Pro, F9 Elite 100k
Ooops! I forgot to include the link!

http://www.lawa.org/lax/terminalMap.cfm
Old Mar 17, 2007, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond
Cameron,
This may help.
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...erminal+tunnel
It's the LAX FAQ in the Los Angeles Subforum under TnD: Destination: California, where this thread has a good chance of getting moved to. Poke around and check it out; it has lots of good advice in there. Enjoy LA
Old Mar 18, 2007, 1:07 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the LAX Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Apr 2, 2007, 6:07 am

Terminal Times btw LAX T2 & T1

Hi all,

Forgive me if this is not in the correct forum but I need the assistance of Frequent Travellers via LAX to help me on my query.

To make a long story short, me, my wife and 2 year old daughter will be flying into LAX from YVR (Vancouver) and then will be travelling right away onto PHX. I've been told that we would be clearing US customs in Vancouver (which saves us some time in LAX).... but here is my questions to all LAX experts... if we land in LAX (Terminal 2) @ 14:05 (on a Tuesday).... would I have sufficient time to get my bags and my family, walk to Terminal 1 to catch a 16:05 flight?<2hours later> (to go onto PHX) Or is that pushing it. Trying to book via USAIRWAYS as it's allocated seating and I wouldn't have Internet access in Vancouver to book our seats on SouthWest (Cattlecall) as I'm not bringing my work laptop with me.

In the end, I don't want to sit in LAX hours if we can make the 16:05 flight... but yet also understand that possibly the theory above is not a realistic one.

Thanks in advance and looking to some feedback.

Cheers,
Dave.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 8:47 am
Formally known as reinmedia

Programs: AA EXP | EX UA 1K | Marriot Titanium
2 hours to make it from T2 to T1 will be no problem. Since you do in fact clear customs at YVR, it won't be any problem at all. It might take you 5 min to get over there after you get your bags.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 8:49 am

Assuming your inbound flight from YVR is on time, two hours is probably enough to walk from T2 to T1 and re-enter security. You are correct that you will clear customs in YVR, so that will not be an issue.

The biggest concern would be the security lineup at T1, but I still think you'd be okay.

Mike
Old Apr 2, 2007, 10:29 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow in the LAX Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Apr 2, 2007, 12:57 pm

LAX Transfer from Terminal 3 to 5

Has anyone done the airside transfer from Terminal 3 to terminal 5 recently?

We will be arriving from YVR to Terminal 3 on Alaska Airlines and will need to connect to Delta in Terminal 5. We would like to avoid having to go back through security if at all possible. We will only have one hour and five minutes to make this connection.

I understand we can take a shuttle from Terminal 3 to the American Eagle terminal, then switch to another shuttle to Terminal 5. How long should this all take?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.