Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Connecting between terminals, tunnels, etc. at LAX" [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Connecting between terminals, tunnels, etc. at LAX" [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2006, 4:54 pm

Programs: SQ *G, QF S, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Advantage Platinum
Travel Agent has changed my domestic flights without contacting me to a CR7 and 735 on United, compared to the A320 and 752 I had on US/HP. All due to Air NZ changing their schedule.

Bah Humbug. If it wasn't for the fact, the only choice I had was Air NZ or UA, to MEL on *A I would move my flight to another airline.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Does Air NewZealand depart/arrive from same terminal as United's at LAX?

Does Air NewZealand depart/arrive from same terminal as United's at LAX? If not, how do you get from one termial to the other. I don't recal tram or train transportations systems like that at other airports such as ATL, SFO, DWF, etc. However, if both airlines operate out of the same terminal, then getting from one termial to another is not relevant. Thanks for the info.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NZ = Terminal 2
UA = Terminal 6,7,8

There is ground transportation. A bus that circles around LAX between terminals
Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:36 am

To transfer from Terminal 2 to Termimal 7 (or vis-a-versa) you must go outside on the LOWER level, stand under the LAX shuttle sign and catch the "A" bus.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
And ... once the bus shows up .... it's only a 5 min ride. Or, if you have light hand-luggage, walk thru the garage across the street from the UA terminal, and you'll [almost] be in the right place....also only 5 mins.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:42 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Since this is a multi-terminal question and since it may be of wider interest, moving to the LAX forum.

cblaisd
Moderator, United
Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:48 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
or head to the upper level and walk around the U (15 minutes), or through the carparks (5 minutes but not as easy with luggage)
Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:55 am

Programs: QF Silver
If you're going from T2 to T7 you can also catch the "B" or "C" busses under the blue sign if one of them shows up first. They eventually head out to long-term parking so make sure you get off at T7 otherwise you'll get an unwanted small scenic tour of Inglewood (you may have to get the driver's attention if there's nobody waiting to get on at UA).

Note that this only works if you're going up in terminal numbers. If you're going to a lower one stick to the "A" bus.

Last edited by Zarf4; Dec 7, 2006 at 12:03 pm
Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Hum, I assume I'd have to go through security again. How much time should one allow between flights, say from arriving on a United flight, then transfering to Air New Zealand, and vice versa? Thanks.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 1:26 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
2 hours

Originally Posted by swdke
Hum, I assume I'd have to go through security again. How much time should one allow between flights, say from arriving on a United flight, then transfering to Air New Zealand, and vice versa? Thanks.
The MCT for NZ is 2 hours. Generally it takes under an hour to do this transfer (including 30-45 min to get through security); but it varies a lot from day to day. Security lines at T2 can be very long and slow on bad days (and 5 min on good days).
Old Dec 7, 2006, 4:02 pm

The city of LA should be ashamed of the Tom Bradley International Terminal. The facility is an absolute disgrace. I notice passing through there last week the slogan they use is "Los Angeles World Airport", a minor adjustment to "Los Angeles Third World Airport" more accurately reflects reality.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 4:12 pm
NNH

Location: LA, after growing up in London and living all over Europe
Programs: Ex-BD, ex-NW, ex-AA, BA Gold
T2 is actually one of the best terminals at LAX. It typically has a fast security check-in. I don't recall ever taking more than 25 minutes from kerb to gate, although I confess that I have never flown there in the early afternoon (every other time of day or night, though).
Old Dec 27, 2006, 6:50 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
LAX Update - tunnel connecting T5 (Delta) with T6 (UA, CO, DL) has re-opened

I'm not sure when it it actually did re-open, but I walked through T6 today and had to do a double take. That tunnel has been closed for years (since 9/11 IIRC). Anyway someone finally realized how silly it was to have closed it in the first place, so it is now re-opened.

This now allows for post-security transfers at LAX between T5, T6, T7 and T8.

- T
Old Dec 27, 2006, 6:53 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Thanks. I've never been at LAX pre-9/11. Where is the entrance to this tunnel located?

Thanks
Old Dec 27, 2006, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Fantastic!

Maybe they're preparing for US/DL/HP to join the Star Alliance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.