Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Connecting between terminals, tunnels, etc. at LAX" [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Connecting between terminals, tunnels, etc. at LAX" [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2007, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver
Sorry...you're gonna have to leave the terminal and reclear security. :-(
Welcome to LAX. There are busses that will transit you from terminal to terminal, but they're not airside.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by mikelan6
I understand we can take a shuttle from Terminal 3 to the American Eagle terminal, then switch to another shuttle to Terminal 5. How long should this all take?
The above only works for T3 <==> T4 (it's an AA/AS transfer procedure). You just have to foot it or take the bus. The former may well be faster.

All bets off if you have to wait for bags on AS.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
The above only works for T3 <==> T4 (it's an AA/AS transfer procedure). You just have to foot it or take the bus. The former may well be faster.
No way! Can't we shuttle over to terminal 4 and then use the tunnels to terminal 5?
Old Apr 2, 2007, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by mikelan6
No way! Can't we shuttle over to terminal 4 and then use the tunnels to terminal 5?
when i looked into the airside bus for AS to AA connection (it ends at 9:30pm IIRC so i ended up not using it), i think you have to show a proper BP. you can get around this by buying a refundable ticket.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 3:31 pm
Stir Crazy

Since T1 and T2 are right next to each other and, as someone already mentioned, no more than a 5 minute walk away from each other, the distance you'd have to go is not an issue. What may suck up time, however, is retrieving your bags and rechecking them (if necessary) and proceeding through security, notwithstanding any unexpected delays. Assuming the planes are on time and there aren't any holdups, I do think that 2 hours should be fine for you.

Old Apr 2, 2007, 6:52 pm

LAX - Travel between terminals

I need to travel with a couple pieces of baggage from Terminal 2 to Terminal 6 at LAX . Is it best to take the shuttle or get a luggage buggy and walk . If walking what would be the best route . Any information is appreciated . Thanks .....
Old Apr 2, 2007, 7:44 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
US interlines bags -- WN does not; so you can check your bags through from YVR to PHX instead of having to retrieve them in LAX. A major benefit. It takes about 5 min to walk from T2 to T1 (even walking slowly), and another 5 min to get through security now -- the really horrible lines from a couple of years ago seem to be gone (when it would take an hour to get through security). I'd be surprised if it takes you more than 15 min, and you will have a lot of time to kill. US does have a lounge at LAX, if you happen to have lounge eligibility.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I always walk, but then my luggage is on wheels, or I am arriving int'l where they have all the free luggage carts. From 2 to 6 w/o luggage, you can cut through the parking lots. With, you'd best walk around - or take the shuttle bus.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 4:15 pm

I prefer walking, but I would do so on the upper departures level so you breath less fumes. LAX is shaped like a horseshoe with the bend on the west, so you can just follow the sidewalk from T2 (north side of the horseshoe) to T6 (south). You could cut across the parking garages but that might be more hassle than it is worth. There is also a shuttle bus that connects the terminals but sometimes the wait is longer than walking. YMMV.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 4:27 pm

If you don't mind walking, I would suggest that. It is not far if you cut across the center of the airport. But then again, if your luggage is gigantic and not manageable, then the Airline Connection (A) Shuttle would be the best bet. The SmarteCarte Trolleys are $3, for reference, in case you decide to walk.

Here's an image of the terminals to give you a description of where you could walk: http://www.lawa.org/lax/images/termmap.jpg

You would have to walk on the lower level, I would recommend a path that goes by the USO and Encounters restaurant, as there is a walkway (instead of traversing through the parking lots).
Old Apr 3, 2007, 4:29 pm
LGB

The great forsaken one/FAQ guru suggests walking to terminal 1 then using the skybridge to the parking garage which connects to the terminal 7 parking garage which then connects to terminal 7 with a skybridge. He also says you can walk across the parking lot of the Encounters restaurant on ground level between terminal 2 and 6.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 8:47 pm

Greetings Sinthetiq , Your suggestion about the walkway beside the USO and encounters restaurant sounds appealing . Does this walkway start at the west or east side of USO and does it have any signage (or is it plainly obvious ) . Thanks for any info .....
Old Apr 3, 2007, 9:20 pm
LGB

Originally Posted by sinthetiq
But then again, if your luggage is gigantic and not manageable, then the Airline Connection (A) Shuttle would be the best bet.
The Great Frigid One also says that the op can take any of the shuttles as they all will go from t2 to t6. The op can even take any of the bigger rental car shuttles without hassle.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by pat3009
Greetings Sinthetiq , Your suggestion about the walkway beside the USO and encounters restaurant sounds appealing . Does this walkway start at the west or east side of USO and does it have any signage (or is it plainly obvious ) . Thanks for any info .....
The walkway is East of the USO and there is a traffic signal where you can cross. Just cross the street (be sure to look before you cross), and take a bee-line and you're on the other side of the airport. Terminals numbers are clearly marked.

As with the other posts, you can take the skybridge also. Whatever the case, you can walk across and end up on the other side without hassling with a shuttle.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 7:56 am

Programs: AA, UA, HH, *wood
Before you decide to lug all that luggage around LAX, have you checked with your airline to see if they have an interline agreement with your conx carrier? If so, you can have the bags tagged through to your final destination, even on separate reservations.

If you are arriving internationally, you will clear customs and there is a luggage drop off for conx just before you exit the customs hall in T2.

And oh great Cold Greek One, I do defer to you with your knowledge of LAX. While I am familiar with the skybridge from T1 to the T1 parking lot and the T7 to the T7 parking lot, I do not believe there is a bridge from the T1 to the T7 parking structures. The PAX would have to go down to the ground level to cross over.

The only skybridge to parking to skybridge conx that I am aware of is from T3 to T4 as the parking lots are connected on level 4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.