Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LAN's Boeing 787 first commercial flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
787 today LAX TBIT 123A. Lots of suits balloons and a few cameras. Looks like a decent
Food spread.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by SCL767
The MAD-FRA-MAD sectors are not operating from April 1 through June 30. It's bookable from July 1 onwards. Also, starting in April, LAN will operate the SCL-MAD route 9x weekly with the 787s.
just figured out that the route is also not bookable in jan, feb and march wanted to use my upgrade-vouchers on this route for some friends.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere (I have looked but can't find it) - i'm looking at travelling to Santiago in March next year from Auckland and would really love to try the new 787s (the Business class interior looks excellent).

I've read that LAN are progressively receiving their orders of 787s until 2018 and have taken a number already. Currently the Sydney-Auckland-Santiago route is flown by an a340. Does anyone know if/when this route might change to a 787?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:32 am
Original Poster

When ETOPS restrictions allow such a route without compromising the economies of it.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Originally Posted by Mavalenzu
When ETOPS restrictions allow such a route without compromising the economies of it.
Thanks. I won't hold my breath then!
Old May 18, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
LA705 from MAD to SCL was diverted back to MAD last night just when it was over Lisbon (as far as I can determine, the registration code of the aircraft was CC-BBC). The flight to SCL was then initially listed as cancelled, then delayed till the morning, and then till a later hour. Eventually, the flight departed at 16:57 and was operated by the aircraft with the registration code CC-BBB that had arrived from SCL around 1 pm. The MAD-FRA-MAD sectors of today's flight were cancelled; it seems that getting the passengers back to SCL was the priority. I suppose this means that the CC-BBC is still parked at MAD.
Old May 29, 2014, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by krzysz
LA705 from MAD to SCL was diverted back to MAD last night just when it was over Lisbon (as far as I can determine, the registration code of the aircraft was CC-BBC). The flight to SCL was then initially listed as cancelled, then delayed till the morning, and then till a later hour. Eventually, the flight departed at 16:57 and was operated by the aircraft with the registration code CC-BBB that had arrived from SCL around 1 pm. The MAD-FRA-MAD sectors of today's flight were cancelled; it seems that getting the passengers back to SCL was the priority. I suppose this means that the CC-BBC is still parked at MAD.
Any idea as to the reason behind the diversion? Technical? Operational?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 4:42 pm

I wonder with ETOPS330 being approved now - does this now mean the LA800/801 run to AKL/SYD can now be done with a 787 instead of 343?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 8:02 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I was on my first 787 flight last week.... it was JFK to SCL in cattle class. The new cabin is quite impressive, decent enough seats and good IFE (although not without its glitches). The 787 reminded of the 777, not sure of the exact dimentions of each bird but the 787 cabin did not feel any smaller than the 777... and the new lighting technology is a great improvement.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I'll finally have my first 787 flight this tuesday, LA532 in J. Let's see what the fuzz is all about. Then, it will be followed up by an JFK-NRT in JAL J (read a lot of good things!). Afterwards, cattle Malaysian from NRT-MLE, to a hopefully exquisite return in Cathay Pacific J MLE-HKG-JFK.

Miles don't come up from thin air!... or do they?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
The 787 reminded of the 777, not sure of the exact dimentions of each bird but the 787 cabin did not feel any smaller than the 777...
The 773 has an interior cabin measurement of 19 feet 3 inches, with the 787-8 at 18 feet 8 inches. With a difference of only 7 inches, I don't think you'd notice it that much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.