Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LAN's Boeing 787 first commercial flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:57 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by BonzoLed
More weird stuff. I'm booked on 455 Nov 1st and now it shows that it's being serviced by an A320!?!?! ...!
Went to "My trips" section on lan.com and it shows two SCL-EZE flights on my locator. Funny.
Tried to check if it was a system glitch, but up to Oct 24th 455 appears as "787 dreamliner". Oct 25th onwards appears as A320....

Any similar issues you guys have experienced?

Regards,
at the moment i would not rely on the 787 flight schedule up to the very last minute and i would not book any flights just to fly the dreamliner, because equipment changes are highly likely - as well as cancellations ...
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:59 pm

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Had the flight booked for a couple of weeks already. I'll take the equipment switch if it was for a 767 with J, but an A319 with W? No way!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Had the flight booked for a couple of weeks already. I'll take the equipment switch if it was for a 767 with J, but an A319 with W? No way!
i would also take the equipment change to the A319 and gladly take the compensation
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Well, it finally happened. They switched the equipment to an A320, and put me in W. At least they reimbursed me the fare difference via MCR. Bummer... no 787 for me yet
Old Oct 18, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Well, for me it was totally worth the $100 change fee to be on the 787 yesterday. The only downside is that is was only SCL-EZE; on a long-haul it would be so much better. As advertised the J cabin is extremely open and airy and for me the bed is MUCH for comfortable. I'm 5'9" and could stretch out fully with no problem. As far as I'm concerned this is a giant step forward for LAN. ^^^

Sorry no pics ---- but has it been noted that rows 4 and 5 are actually a mini-cabin separated by the exits?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 3:06 pm

Was looking at some flights to EZE for late december and they still have the 787 on SCL-EZE on those dates. Once again, would venture to speculate January 1st as the date for the first SCL-LIM-LAX on the 787.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:07 pm

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by Bachovas
Was looking at some flights to EZE for late december and they still have the 787 on SCL-EZE on those dates. Once again, would venture to speculate January 1st as the date for the first SCL-LIM-LAX on the 787.
Are you sure?

I am booked on LA 633 LIM-SCL for Dec 5th.
Deploy of route is expected Dec 1th.

I believe these dates are final?
Can someone confirm???
Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:06 am

And it's part two of LAN's shenanigans. Now LA455 for Nov 1st is BACK to the 787!! I was checking my seat assignment before checking in tomorrow and my seats were gone! Also a 5 row J map was all blocked on the screen. Quick call to the call center and guess what, a change in the "flying material" back to the 787. Get your act together LAN!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:44 pm

And it's part two of LAN's shenanigans. Now LA455 for Nov 1st is BACK to the 787!! I was checking my seat assignment before checking in tomorrow and my seats were gone! Also a 5 row J map was all blocked on the screen. Quick call to the call center and guess what, a change in the "flying material" back to the 787. Get your act together LAN!
LAN is known for constant schedule changes....
Old Oct 30, 2012, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Equipment swaps aren't really "shenanigans" as long as you're getting the seat you paid for, i.e., a premium business seat, or an economy seat. I've had plenty of 340/767 swaps over the years, especially SCL/EZE. Disappointing you aren't getting the aircraft you wanted? Sipo. Shenanigans? Nopo. Getting stuck with old J more frequently than not when the flota was being reconfigured? That was a load of crap. Having a 2 cabin plane turn into a 1 cabin plane? Or the J seat turn into a W seat? Shenanigans, for sure.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:15 pm

Oh, but it gets better! As part of the 1st change (787 to 320), I demanded a refund for the fare difference from J to W. They had me write down a complaint, so they could process the refund. Yesterday, when trying to do an online check-in for my flight, the page said that I lacked some info, and that I should contact the call center. To make a long story short, the LAN ppl f#cked up and they thought that I was demanding a FULL refund, hence they cancelled my ticket!! (I still had the record locator and the reservation alive).

I had to call LAN 2 more times, wait for about 5 hours not knowing if I could get into the freakin' plane (now back to an 787). Finally by the end of the day, i got a call back saying that it was all fixed (which it was). An apology? Still nothing, not even a "we're sorry for the mess".

Maybe a direct e-mail to Ignacio Cueto would prove more useful... LAN, you're not getting it right lately....
Old Nov 1, 2012, 7:33 am

Well, I'm finally sit in J, but on an old J cabin of a 767. Last minute equipment change... again... just my luck!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Well, I'm finally sit in J, but on an old J cabin of a 767. Last minute equipment change... again... just my luck!
Proof again that Chile is now a 1st World Country, as this is clearly a 1st World problem, and most people would love to be stuck in a lie flat J seat on a 767!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 1:06 pm

Yup, we're in the same league as those who grief when McRib is not available
Old Nov 4, 2012, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Finally! I'm ticketed to fly the 787 on Christmas Day from EZE-SCL.
Let's just hope LAN doesn't do a christmas miracle and "upgrade" me to a 767!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.