Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LAN's Boeing 787 first commercial flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAN's Boeing 787 first commercial flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Mavalenzu
Finally! I'm ticketed to fly the 787 on Christmas Day from EZE-SCL.
Let's just hope LAN doesn't do a christmas miracle and "upgrade" me to a 767!
Fingers crossed! I'm booked on J for Dec 28th! Let's definitely hope no christmas miracles are pulled...at all!
Old Nov 9, 2012, 4:54 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
second dreamliner received

Segundo Boeing 787 de LAN ya vuela en Sudamérica y operará a Los Ángeles a partir de enero de 2013

LAN Airlines informa que ya recibió un segundo Boeing 787 Dreamliner, considerado el avión más moderno del mundo en su tipo. Con este hito ya se completan dos de las tres entregas para LAN en 2012, de acuerdo a lo programado y el avión se encuentra operando las rutas entre Santiago y Buenos Aires y entre Santiago y Lima desde el pasado 1 de noviembre.

El Boeing 787 de LAN ya incorporó a Buenos Aires y Lima como los primeros dos destinos, que fueron anunciados por la compañía en la FIDAE a comienzos de 2012, y comenzará su operación a Los Ángeles en Estados Unidos el 1 de enero de 2013, con tres vuelos semanales.

En Lima, el Dreamliner de LAN realiza actualmente 6 vuelos por semana hacia Santiago de Chile, y en diciembre se incrementará una frecuencia semanal.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
LAN's 2nd 787 (CC-BBB) is already servicing the SCL-EZE route (LA455/456). Last sunday I got a chance to see it parked on the tarmac when returning on a later flight from EZE.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:53 am

Awesome! Booked on SCL-EZE Dec 28th for what I guess will be the 2nd 787.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by Bachovas
Awesome! Booked on SCL-EZE Dec 28th for what I guess will be the 2nd 787.
Nooo... book LIM-SCL Dec 5th!!!!!
Old Dec 8, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
from april 01 the 787 will be found on the route SCL-MAD-FRA.

SCL-LIM-LAX will receive the A340 from april 1 ...

http://airlineroute.net/2012/12/08/la-787-s13update1/
Old Dec 8, 2012, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
from april 01 the 787 will be found on the route SCL-MAD-FRA.

SCL-LIM-LAX will receive the A340 from april 1 ...

http://airlineroute.net/2012/12/08/la-787-s13update1/
Thank you for the heads up! Just flew in it, when i arrive home i can share some more pictures. Enjoyable aircraft!

I am
Old Dec 8, 2012, 3:06 pm

Upon boarding i wanted to take some pictures of the 787 without people....
I made my way to priority boarding despite the fact i knew i would be turned down as i soft landed to OW Ruby. When finally it was my turn for the gate agent to check my economy ticket, she was about to point at my stat. The man behind me on the boarding line jumped at her and told her immediately before i could articulate any word that i was coming along with him.

Wow!!!
That was so nice, thank you!
By that time i was feeling a bit shocked by the man approach that i didn't know what to do. I sat besides him, chatted a bit with him and thanked him for the gesture. Other men were joking at me that if i didn't like him i could seat besides another prospective. lol

I took some cabin pictures and then went into the cockpit as i resolved what to do with the man. I figured the cockpit was a more tranquil place for me to relax, I didn't want to go back and wait in my economy seat or seat besides him in business. I wanted some safe ground and also be able to take some pictures. The man was good looking, but i felt a bit strange... I'm 23 and he was around 30ish... it was not in my plans to seat in another cabin with a stranger...

Eventually i went to my economy seat because that was the fair thing to do. I was worried my parents who didn't know where i was. I was feeling so nervous about the 787,the man,the pilots chatting at me,parents. That even didn't feel good at the emergency exits and changed for my regular 15 row seats.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: LAN Commodore
Originally Posted by mvtm
I'm 23 and he was around 30ish
What's the problem?: "El amor no conoce edad".
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by david_33
What's the problem?: "El amor no conoce edad".
Yeah i know i messed it up.... thing was when i was seated in the cockpit all ready relaxed and chilling , the guy appereared in the cockpit and introduced himself to the pilots as some kind of Lan director employee. I never ever saw that coming, i wasn't expecting the guy to follow me to the cockpit. My jaw dropped (hence i got nervous again)
Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:23 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by mvtm
Yeah i know i messed it up.... thing was when i was seated in the cockpit all ready relaxed and chilling , the guy appereared in the cockpit and introduced himself to the pilots as some kind of Lan director employee. I never ever saw that coming, i wasn't expecting the guy to follow me to the cockpit. My jaw dropped (hence i got nervous again)
Ah, to be young and beautiful. I was 1/2 of that once: young.
I guess there are pros and cons. But I vote next time you suck up to him, pepper him with 1000 questions we all want to know about LAN and feedback to FT here, as any truely avid FTer would do.

Nice pics by the way, thanks!!!
Old Dec 17, 2012, 2:18 pm

Wow. That story. She missed her big break into investigative airline reporting.

You could have been set for life too... DOT DOT DOT.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Ah, to be young and beautiful. I was 1/2 of that once: young.
I guess there are pros and cons. But I vote next time you suck up to him, pepper him with 1000 questions we all want to know about LAN and feedback to FT here, as any truely avid FTer would do.

Nice pics by the way, thanks!!!
Bingo you know what, next time i'll do the same. I'll board the priority boarding line, to see if i get a prince charming right behind me. I suspect this is fairly easy. Mari gets in plenty of Intl flights. 90% of the persons behind me must be male. There's like a 30% the men behind are young and handsome and , yup i can score that again! lol

AH! I should try this in SQ Suites.

Originally Posted by Bachovas
Wow. That story. She missed her big break into investigative airline reporting.

You could have been set for life too... DOT DOT DOT.
Bacho toma unas fotos por mi!!
Jumpseat
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:35 am

More pics for the thread...

Take Off vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFJORVXmBCo
Old Dec 23, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: LAN Commodore
Fingernail polish to match the interior decoration. I'm impressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.