Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lima lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2012, 8:15 pm

Just walked over to the VIP lounge after a couple of hours in the Sumaq lounge. Sumaq is packed, every seat taken. Internet connection was ok at first then just came to a grinding halt. I think I like VIP better so far as there are less people but still a bit loud in here.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:51 am
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
I'm on the way to Cusco and right now @Caral Vip Club, domestic terminal. It's nice, good snacks, but it's pretty small. Just 32 seats plus 6 tall chairs at the bar. For a heavy traffic terminal I expected something bigger, fortunately I could find a seat. Probably they analyzed good and determined dimensions are ok. Wifi is fast (something I do care a lot) though they told me to connect to Telefonica free wifi, cause there is no Caral wifi (though I detected one with password)

Can't tell about the pisco sour cause since it's 10:50am, for me it's too early for a drink
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by Villavic
I'm on the way to Cusco and right now @Caral Vip Club, domestic terminal. It's nice, good snacks, but it's pretty small. Just 32 seats plus 6 tall chairs at the bar. For a heavy traffic terminal I expected something bigger, fortunately I could find a seat. Probably they analyzed good and determined dimensions are ok. Wifi is fast (something I do care a lot) though they told me to connect to Telefonica free wifi, cause there is no Caral wifi (though I detected one with password)

Can't tell about the pisco sour cause since it's 10:50am, for me it's too early for a drink
Nice. Haven't seen a review of this lounge, you might be the first, thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:34 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Confirming the internet is still awful at Sumaq, was great an hour ago when I had the place to myself. Completely fell apart when a handful of others turned up.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:41 pm
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Confirming the internet is still awful at Sumaq, was great an hour ago when I had the place to myself. Completely fell apart when a handful of others turned up.
What happened with the renos?? Do you know? Is there more space?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:09 pm

Lima lounges

Still exactly the same as last time I was here in January. I don't see how they could make more space.

Real shame about the Internet, clearly bingocallerb22 hasn't been complaining enough
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:12 pm

Lima lounges

LIM pretty good today, immigration and emigration were both quick. Got a red light at aduana though and the official got his panties all bunched up because I had 4 lenses with my DSLR. I had to explain to him that they were all different and it was normal to have more than one lens.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Still exactly the same as last time I was here in January. I don't see how they could make more space.

Real shame about the Internet, clearly bingocallerb22 hasn't been complaining enough
More space? Both the Sumaq and VIP have the same ownership so could combine. Not complaining enough? I have written in their Libro Reclamos twice. I complained to Priority Pass folks in England and they promised to communicate with their partner Sumaq about it. Wrote to Sumaq directly about the renos, but they failed to respond. Wrote the manager of the airport and he said the excuses Sumaq are giving are complete BS.

Feel free to add yours to the Libro de Reclamos while sipping your freshly squeezed orange juice.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
I have my doubts that anyone reads the libro de reclamos. I also have a feeling that while there are numerous wifi routers (SUMAQ1, 2, 3, 4, VIP), they probably are all connected to the same broadband modem!

Even if they are working on the issue, they probably have a technician come out on a Tuesday afternoon with 2-3 people in the lounge and declare that things are working fine, instead of at 9:00p on a Sunday when there are 60-100 people streaming videos and uploading all of their Machu Pichu pics!!!
Old Aug 28, 2012, 3:42 pm

Add Content
Old Aug 29, 2012, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by CVCONDE
I have my doubts that anyone reads the libro de reclamos.
Well, INDECOPI does go around and check the libros. Now, are they checking if there is one, or on the contents, don't know, but I do know they do check.

I suspect since it is INDECOPI (one role is consumer protection) they do pay special attention to tourism-related complaints. And I suspect an elite tourist lounge like Sumaq is a bit more sensitive to INDECOPI frowns than the corner store. Certainly when I ask for the Libro the attitude of the already pleasant staff increases their attention quotient and it is delivered in the hands of the supervisor who tries to placate me before actually handing it over.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:39 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
I've heard from several friends that asking for the libro is a very effective way to get service problems fixed quickly
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by andreadbc
I've heard from several friends that asking for the libro is a very effective way to get service problems fixed quickly
Works well with LANPass. Would be interesting to know whether the problems with internet are because of lounge or Telefonica...
Old Sep 3, 2012, 3:19 pm

Lima lounges

Why doesn't the gaseosa fridge work at Sumaq? For a start this causes a bottleneck at the ice bucket. For seconds, when you open your inca kola, because the bottle is at ambient Sumaq temperature, a mist of drink escapes and descends on your smartphone thus preventing one's thumb from effortlessly gliding across its glassy surface.

Is the broken fridge thing intentional? Surely the resulting stickiness of the phone means less stress will be placed on their feeble Internet.

Something else for bingo to complain about next time he is passing
Old Sep 5, 2012, 9:31 pm

Possible to get some Z's in the Caral Lounge?

Very informative thread everyone, I'm hoping to mine some of the knowledge base here for some help with advanced planning.

My wife and I will be arriving in Lima from Easter Island in late November. This means a fairly late (11:15pm) arrival, which would be okay, except that we would like to transit to Cusco the morning. The hotel options don't seem very appealing.

I'm wondering if the domestic (Caral?) lounge provides a possible alternative. The pictures don't look like it's a place for sleeping, but they do offer showers. Is this at all possible, or should I be looking at local accommodations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.