The Consolidated "Restaurant and bar reviews/recommendations/questions" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated "Restaurant and bar reviews/recommendations/questions" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2007, 6:57 am

Programs: Star Alliance
My money says stay away from the Buffet@Asia locations, if its crabs (or lobster) you're after. Otherwise, it's an OK lunch buffet.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 7:03 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
BTW Wynn Buffet has the best crab legs I have had at a las vegas buffet
This is true, though I haven't yet tried Ballys sterling sunday buffet.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 7:21 am

Programs: Delta DM
Never gotten them in Vegas.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 11:20 am

Try the bar at the Aladdin around 5-6 on Sunday morning, one of the lovely ladies in blue spandex with prison tattoos would be happy to he-

Oh.

Nevermind.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 12:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by abefroman329
Try the bar at the Aladdin around 5-6 on Sunday morning, one of the lovely ladies in blue spandex with prison tattoos would be happy to he-

Oh.

Nevermind.
Personal Experience?
Old Feb 12, 2007, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by abefroman329

Oh.

Nevermind.
I'd say the Stratosphere would even be a better bet. And you could get them for next to nothing!
Old Feb 12, 2007, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Originally Posted by aceman
This is true, though I haven't yet tried Ballys sterling sunday buffet.
No crab legs at the Sterling Buffet, just stone crab claws, nicely prepared for quick eating though ^.

As others have pointed out, best Alaskan King crab legs are at Wynn, they are just like the ones Bellagio used to serve when their buffet first opened, thick and meaty.

For snow crab legs, Mirage is pretty good.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 7:14 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
which crabs are generally tastiest?

Alaskan

Stone

Snow?
Old Feb 12, 2007, 8:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
For the stone crabs - are these real Florida stone crabs? Or other hard shell crab claws they're calling 'stone crab'?

Just curious because I have never seen real Florida stone crabs in a buffet format since the all-you-can-eat deals here in Florida are usually in the $50-$70 range just for the medium size claws, and they limit the number of claws you can get with each serving.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bocastephen
For the stone crabs - are these real Florida stone crabs? Or other hard shell crab claws they're calling 'stone crab'?
Don't know where they're from, I just eat them . I googled Florida stone crab image and they don't look like those so the Sterling brunch crab claws are not from Florida, at least during the time I was there.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Alaskan

Stone

Snow?
IMO Alaskan would be best if they're warm. If cold, I don't notice any significant difference between Alaskan and Snow other than Alaskan King crabs tend to be more meatier.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 11:57 pm

My wife and I just got back from Green Valley Ranch. Signed up for the player's club there, which got us the buffet at a discount. $15.99 per person is pretty freakin' awesome considering how much crab I eat. They had snow crab legs there--your choice of hot or cold. The warm legs were steamed just right for easy access to meat after cracking, and the flavour was nice--sweet, not salty like on some buffets I've had--and not soggy or overcooked. Just right. ^ They also had cold ones, which you could either eat cold, or take to the grill to be cooked to order with creole BBQ seasoning. I tried this once and it was very tasty. The Asian section of the buffet also had "salt and pepper" crab legs, which were ok to try.

I also got $15 of free slot play on my player's club card for signing up. I took that and won $15 in cash, which basically almost paid for my buffet. Fun evening.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:28 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I dont eat real crab. kaukau, Mrs. kaukau, sunnyhere, and I did have good fake KRAB california rolls @ the Golden Nugget tonight. Wish you could have joined us.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 9:41 pm

Programs: Southwest RR, HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum

Alaskan

Stone

Snow?

Dungeness from the Oregon Coast !!!! Every other is nothing more than fish bait.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by tfmotors
Dungeness from the Oregon Coast !!!! Every other is nothing more than fish bait.
~~DROOL~~

mmmmm

Btw, there's always Joe's crab inside Caesar's Palace

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.